No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be interesting to see how this health care debate affects the polls. This bill disproportionately affects Trump country. Of course the medicaid cuts don't happen until later so perhaps they won't realize it.Make America Great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      The tweet storms usually appear after several days of (mostly) negative coverage
      That's been most days though. Additionally, the biggest twitter shitshow yet- the wiretapping tweets- came while he was still in the warm media afterglow of his overrated speech.

Hanlon's razor IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Maddow somehow got her hands on Trump's 2005 tax return. Literally 5-10 minutes before her show tonight, the WH rushed out a statement disclosing the amounts and everything. Which sorta shows they could have released this stuff any time they wanted, but Trump just didn't want to

It should be a crime to get someone's tax returns without their consent. I know you hate trump, but if that was BO, you'd be pissed.

Neither side seems decent anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Super long article on the lessons of the ACA. Of course it is by Vox and it s very long, so it may not be your thing to read. But I find Sarah Kliff to be pretty good.

Last edited by froot loops; March 15, 2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            It should be a crime to get someone's tax returns without their consent. I know you hate trump, but if that was BO, you'd be pissed.

Neither side seems decent anymore.

We have seen Barack Obama's taxes. We have even seen the last 30 years of Crooked Hillary's taxes.

It isn't about sides as it is a lot less likely that the reported in question was sent those two pages by some Democratic operative.

Comment

• Froot... embrace the hate.. and miss the point

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Froot:

That was a worthwhile read from Vox. I agree with the political points of it for sure.

Personally, if I'm the Rs then I either don't touch healthcare or rip the band-aid off and go full-throttle. There are no half-measures because not matter what you do, if you touch it at all you own it (the Carville Doctrine). If you're going to touch it, you might as well go all in. You're going to get crushed no matter what you do. There is, literally, no successful political course one can plot when dealing with this issue.

Of those two choices, I'd try opt of the first. Ideally make it look like you tried something, but it couldn't get through. Hopefully 3 Senators defect in states that they can afford to do so.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Do you think the R's constituents will expect the R'a to actually govern at some point? Or can they continue to say "we can't do anything" even with total control of the gov?
                    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Who had access to only the first two pages of only one year of Trump's taxes? Seems like it'd be a short list
                      I keep forgetting how simple-minded progs are. The access could be to Trump's tax return, but much more likely is access to a "client's copy" stamp.

Comment

• Who cares, it's a nothing burger. If he releases all of his taxes and they turn out to be similar to 2005, he has vanquished a potent talking point. He should release them all, it would help him out. More people would trust him.

Everyone knows as soon as you say you can see something or do something, it draws a lot more attention. Release them all and they have no more power.
                        Last edited by froot loops; March 15, 2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Jeff, no comment on Geezer calling folks ill-informed?
                          SLF, I wasn't calling "folks" uninformed. I was calling you uninformed. When you make statements that "persons are going to die in the streets" (which I note you deleted from your reply) you do indeed sound like the opponents to welfare reform in the late 90s. Such statements were stupid then and are stupid now.

SLF:
                          Insurance or govt provided care yes, we share the costs but no one is not paying in.
                          Jeff posted a summary of patients he treated in one day, and I recall about half didn't actually need attention from a doctor's office, and about half also were not, themselves, paying anything for the office visit. "...no one is not paying in..." is just wrong. Illegals and Medicaid recipients are not paying in.
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; March 15, 2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• If you don't have coverage for a life threatening disease, you probably wouldn't die in the street literally.

Comment

• I know who you were referring to. I'm just wondering about Jeffs silence in the face of your personal attacks.

If people are sick and can't pay for treatment, there are two options. Die, or get care and pass the costs on to others. Which is what I said. You don't care if poor people die for lack of treatment. I'd prefer to see them get treated in an orderly way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                I keep forgetting how simple-minded progs are. The access could be to Trump's tax return, but much more likely is access to a "client's copy" stamp.
                                Jeff? Outrage at "simple minded"??

What's more likely really is that one of the thousands of places he submitted them to for due diligence or loan underwriting had a document clerk copy it

Comment

Working...
                                X