Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    That Disturbed cover is only worth listening to if Beavis and Butt head are commenting on it.
    That doesn't exist, does it? I wish it did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
      Bono, Cher, Rod Stewart, Dave Matthews...this thread has gone full Birdcage.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      I'll give you three out of four. Take Rod Stewart out of your post. We are amongst a group of people for whom it's entirely acceptable to ignore everything that's happened since 1975, so I'm exercising my forum right to do so.

Comment

• Gourds Gin and Juice. Novelle Vague Just Can't Get Enough.

Hack's U2 take is frightfully endearing and spot on. Froot's is gently affirming in its incorrectness. The Oracle blowing DMB is predictable and awful.

AA remains a stooge.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Are we posting videos again?? Heh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Not if you are

Comment

• No cover list is complete without Little Feat's cover of Allan Toussaint's On Your Way Down.

Carry on.

[ame]https://youtu.be/PE5Ve0y0m1Y[/ame]
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Manfred Mann's cover of Springsteen is a first ballot hall of fame cover if only because the Springsteen original is hot garbage.

Comment

• Talent,

I didn't list any of the bluegrass or jazz covers. Tried to focus my list on commercially viable covers that received airplay.

If we are throwing those in, there are tons. Also, I feel a bit guilty that I didn't mention Nina Simone's "I'm feeling good" over Cy or art or whomever recorded it first.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Talent,

I didn't list any of the bluegrass or jazz covers. Tried to focus my list on commercially viable covers that received airplay.

If we are throwing those in, there are tons. Also, I feel a bit guilty that I didn't mention Nina Simone's "I'm feeling good" over Cy or art or whomever recorded it first.
                    Yes on I'm Feeling Good, but Lauyin Hill's version. Check out her live version on The Jimmy Fallon Show. Amazing.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Novelle Vague Just Can't Get Enough

FUCK YOU. (because that's pretty good actually)

Comment

Manfred Mann's cover of Springsteen is a first ballot hall of fame cover if only because the Springsteen original is hot garbage.
                        I like the original just fine and think it fits with the album (first thing I listened to when driving a car myself). But that's a hell of a version.

We would also have to mention All The Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople, and Janis Joplin's To Love Somebody.

This could go on for a while. Agreed no bluegrass/jazz covers, to be fair. Should covers that popularized an unknown song count too?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          Yes on I'm Feeling Good, but Lauyin Hill's version. Check out her live version on The Jimmy Fallon Show. Amazing.

I'm a huge Simone fan. Met her on a plane once. She wasn't.... Affable.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA was blinded by the light...wrapped up like a douche...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

That Disturbed cover is only worth listening to if Beavis and Butt head are commenting on it.
                              Play it, and have crash and entropy do running commentary. Close enough?

Comment

• Commercially viable should include Cowboy Junkies.

Fair enough re millions of obscure covers, some of which are damn good.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X