Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big, long, extended :::fart noise:::

Comment

• Al Sharpton to boycott ESPN for suspending Hill. Hill is calling for a boycott of the Cowboys. Cowboys to boycott any players who protest. Because player protests lead to boycotts led by the President who's against protests.

Everyone following so far? Because this is when things get...complicated

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Trump keeps making this a priority issue. It was blowing over until he and Pence stoked it back up again. Why? They're accomplishing nothing in DC and are pissing off more Congressmen than they can afford to lose. So what's a great issue to get the minds of the base off the unfulfilled promises? OH YEAH.

When your agenda is stalled, pull out a culture war card.
        Exactly.

This would have gone away and been a minor footnote to the season if the orange fucking monkey wouldn't have made his dumbass comments on it in Alabama.

Now he's riding it for all he can get out of it. Divide and conquer, Baby!
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And I am boycotting Wiz

Pfffffft
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Not to lose sight of the forest: Jemele Hill is off the air. And Michael Smith was, at least for a night, in protest.

I generally find the whole thing laughable and stupid in almost every way, but if this was the 5-dimensional endgame then Hu-fucking-zzah. Well-played.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I honestly watch almost no ESPN outside of live sports. Very very rarely I'll indulge in PTI out of nostalgia.

Is Hill that bad? Like, beyond ESPN usual standards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                I honestly watch almost no ESPN outside of live sports. Very very rarely I'll indulge in PTI out of nostalgia.

Is Hill that bad? Like, beyond ESPN usual standards?
                I've never liked her. It seems that they put her on shows like The Sports Reporters and some of the other opinion shows early on just to have an "Edgy Black Woman" I guess she had the credentials coming in, but I have not been impressed with her knowledge and have rarely agreed with her takes. (of course that does not mean that I am right and she is wrong)

And like DSL, I rarely watch ESPN other than live events any more. I guess I'm too much of an old white guy to like much of what they are putting out.

Comment

• And speaking of ESPN, Sean McDonough is as hard to listen to as Joe Buck

Comment

• Unsure why people would watch.

Comment

• Well, no. Or maybe. I'm not a fan.

The real bottom line with her is that you can't go after a billion dollar partner of your employer and specifically encourage advertising and fan boycotts. That's just commonsense.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Well, no. Or maybe. I'm not a fan.

The real bottom line with her is that you can't go after a billion dollar partner of your employer and specifically encourage advertising and fan boycotts. That's just commonsense.
                        Well, there is that

Comment

• Which is why there's no point in watching TV anyways. That's a no-brainer, as talent says, but the conflicts of interest also destroy the validity of any type of show like that. It's a stupid concept.

Comment

• Very proud of Jerry Jones. Always knew he was a true patriot. He knows malcontents and men of low character have no place in the NFL and has always run the Cowboys according to those high principles. #MAGA #STAND #ROCKETMAN

Comment

• Sorry, CGVT, I didn't mean to overlook your Melania v. Ivana stuff. I'm just still in disbelief this is a real thing we are living through. I don't really like Mark Burnett-produced presidencies.

Comment

• As long as the 5 dimensional chess keeps Desmond Howard's sorry ass employed, I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                                X