Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    The rural america thing strikes me as somewhat meaningless. The real barometer is DJT vs Prog Candidate. I'm not sure that's changed much.
    Much will depend upon the actual candidate in 2020, sure, but it's not wildly evident to me that Hillary Clinton was rejected because PROG CANDIDATE or because IT'S HILLARY FUCKING CLINTON.

You certainly think Obama is a prog. Are you convinced he would've been beaten soundly had he been allowed a 3rd chance?

Comment

• I think I'd like to beat you soundly.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ghey

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jealous?

:::fart noise:::
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump told the Joint Chiefs in a meeting back in July that he wanted a 'tenfold' increase to our nuclear arsenal. This may have been the meeting that sparked Tillerson's reported 'moron' comment

President Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal in a meeting with military leaders this summer.

Comment

• Much will depend upon the actual candidate in 2020, sure, but it's not wildly evident to me that Hillary Clinton was rejected because PROG CANDIDATE or because IT'S HILLARY FUCKING CLINTON.

You certainly think Obama is a prog. Are you convinced he would've been beaten soundly had he been allowed a 3rd chance?
              Well, I definitely think Obama would have won (Tahiti Coates thinks otherwise, but he's tendentious). However, I don't think "rural voting" is the sine non qua of that conclusion (or DJT's win). I don't know if Obama would have done better with rural voters than HRC. I definitely think Obama would have turned out more D voters (both AAs and those Berniebot folks who didn't vote...heh...how's that working out for ya?).

I guess if I were to just guess, I'd say DJT still whips most Ds amongst "rural voters" but probably loses to any semi-palatable candidate.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Both AAs?

Not sure the world could handle two.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Hillary is the most investigated and witch-hunted and fake-newsed politician of our time, so I think DSL's got a point here. It wasn't her positions that lost her the vote (not that there were a ton of them, mind you). We seem to be in an odd spot where the left's agenda is increasingly popular but the left's politicians are not, apart from Bernie. Probably because they haven't figured out that people are sick of the way they have been lied to by both sides, and are ready for a new form of lies.

Comment

• I think the left should double down on their increasingly popular agenda. The results to date have been spectacular in all phases.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Both AAs?

Not sure the world could handle two.
                      If by "two" you mean "one" then...correct.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seconded.

Comment

• You make little cancer-striken Mae from Gee's Bend weep.

Or you would, if she weren't dead.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Seconded.

Comment

• Reading all the Harvey Weinstein stuff is something. Yeah, what he did was horrible, but that's not what gets me. What gets me is that we have become a nation that demands when something bad is done, that we line up and publicly denounce the evil-doer. And if we do not, we are tacitly condoning the behavior. Actors are calling out other actors for not taking Weinstein to task - even if they didn't know of his actions, they must excoriate him or surely they are in accord with him.

It's like the "Game of Thrones" where the Sparrows frog march a naked Cersei through a crowd shouting "SHAME! SHAME!" and throw shit at her. And if you aren't one of the ones shouting and throwing, you must condone her heresy.

Comment

• The gay Seattle coffee-shop owner who kicked out a bunch of reportedly well-behaved Christian conservatives was also a pretty bad one.

There are no adults anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X