M @ IU, Game Day, In Game, Post Game Disussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
    All B1G NT, depth there is nil with Mone out too.
    Yep, and two really good RBs on tap with Barkley and Elliott.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I feel slightly better about Elliot and OSU's OL. Advanced metrics should bump OSU up to roughly 40% for that game.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• But Ruddock is Brady now...

Comment

• Michigan quarterback Jake Rudock had a tremendous game, throwing for 440 yards and six touchdowns. He also rushed for 64 yards.
          In the process, Rudock set the school record with six touchdown passes in a game.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• But it was too close to call between Ruddock and Shane Morris in the preseason (c:

Comment

• It figures that Rudock is just now playing his best football of the season as the defense is playing their collective worse.

Comment

• It figures that Rudock is just now playing his best football of the season as the defense is playing their collective worse.
                It could be the opponents? At least in part.

Next week M will have the same issue running the ball -- as in they most likely won't be able to. But I think PSU is considerably better in the secondary than IU. However, they don't have the OL that IU has or the offense in general.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't like us in that Penn State atmosphere. Especially if it's a night game. Hackenberg won't have to be great if Barkley is running roughshod through our defense. I said Indiana would be a close game and PSU would be a loss. I'm sticking by it after what I saw tonight.

OSU is going to play MSU with a wounded Connor Cook, too. Bring on the Hawkeyes.
                  Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 14, 2015, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Wow was that a road win or what! Special teams, false starts, bad INT, don't think Michigan forced a turnover all game. HARBAUGH! Great game for Jake Rudock (beside the pick) is what was needed for the win and he came through!

Comment

• Rudock to Chesson was fantastic; here's hoping Jake finally "gets it", and continues his impressive play in the next couple weeks, against Ds with a pulse.

Terrible news about Glasgow; D is night and day without him in there. Thanks again Hoke, you POS.
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Rudock = Brady....... well, against Rutger's and IU. Let's not get too worked up. The INT on the throw to Williams was the old Jake Rudock.

But the guy has the O down, he's dealing big time, and that, I think, seems to be the difference. He stood up to plenty of pressure as well and completed some big time throws to Chesson and Darbo and Butt. He also had a good sense of when to run and when to throw it away and play another down. Love it for the guy that had a shakey start to the season and did not look like he was going to get better. He has.

Totally unexpected. I really thought he had peaked regardless of the quality of the D. The confidence is going to help v. the two much better defenses, PSU and osu, coming up.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Random rants ...

A win, is a win, is a win. Pretty wins, ugly wins, lucky wins, bad-call wins, whatever win it may be. Its a win, and for this year, that's whats important. Next year and beyond, we can worry about style points.

Nobody said that this team was among the elite in the country. They're not. Duh. But, they're in a position to do some very good things, and have a say in who ends up where. Not bad for a team that struggled to win five (5) games last year.

This is a transitional year, "transitional" as in from horrible coaching, to highly qualified coaching. That said, Harbaugh and his staff disappointed me for the first time this season. They had no answer for the IU run game. They got caught with their pants down, but fortunately it didn't cost them a win.

I'm still a fan of Jake Rudock. The improvement at QB this year is a big reason there are 8 wins in the win column. Morris or Speight would not have this team sitting at 8 wins right now.

And for all intents and purposes, this team has 9 wins. With a better handled punt snap, of course.

We miss Ojemudia, and we need Glasgow back. PSU and OSU are thrilled that M looks so bad defending the run. The run game is right in their wheelhouse.

Dan Dierdorf made a great comment after the game. He said he knows that Michigan WANTS to run the ball, and NEEDS to run the ball. BUT .. when a team like Indiana is SO BAD at defending the pass, its time to feed them a steady diet of the passing game. Just like they took advantage of our helplessness against their run. Attack their weakness until they stop it.

Its now a two game season. Win out, and some very nice rewards await. Lose both or split, its probably a Florida bowl no matter what.

On to Happy Valley.
                          Last edited by lineygoblue; November 14, 2015, 10:30 PM.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How badly is Glasgow hurt? He has held the center of the defense all season.

If he is gone, we will have lost Mone, Ojemudia and Glasgow from the D line. I think the pace hurt today, and being thin in a game of pace is a recipe for exactly what happened today.

I think we win next week. Playing at PSU reminds me of the last time we were there and Hoke had his worst of many badly coached games. From what I've seen this year, Hackenberg is OK when he has time, but he is not good at all if he gets a rush. And kudos to Rudock. He stood in the pocket and delivered with hits coming.

Comment

• Galsgow is done for the season with a Pectoral Muscle tear according to Harbaugh in the post game presser.

But, I'm hearing this is a pretty easy rehab chore. He should be back training at pretty close to full strength in 4-6 weeks but he won't be playing football games in any of M's last three games.
                              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Well, 4-6 weeks could get him ready by NYD, couldn't it?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X