Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs sign Tim Wright
    Posted by Josh Alper on April 10, 2018, 7:14 AM EDT

The Chiefs have added a tight end to their roster.

Tim Wright posted a picture of himself signing a contract with the team on his Instagram page on Monday night. The team has not made a formal announcement and Wright did not reveal any terms of his deal.

Wright was out of the league last year after being released by the Lions in late August and missed the 2016 season with a torn ACL. He had nine catches for 77 yards and two touchdowns in nine games with the Lions in 2015 and caught 80 passes for 830 yards and 11 touchdowns for the Patriots and Bucs over the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

The appeal of adding a receiving complement to Travis Kelce at tight end is easy to see for the Chiefs, although Wright’s long absence from the field may make him a longshot to actually play the role this season.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• He won't make it out of camp. Maybe even OTA's.

Any TE KC signs is to challenge 4th year BB player project and #2 TE, D. Harris, whom I personally hope goes off under Mahomes. They looked good together against Denver last year.

I do hope that TW makes a comeback though.
      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Cliff Avril is heading back to Haiti for the third year in a row to complete work on the school he and other NFL players have helped build.

Seahawks DE Cliff Avril has helped build a school in Haiti.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Cardinals LB Josh Bynes is trying to avoid feeling comfortable.

Comment

• 49ers To Pass On Laken Tomlinson’s Option?
            April 30th, 2018 at 4:42pm CST by Sam Robinson

The 49ers made the decision to pick up the fifth-year option of their own 2015 first-round pick, signifying Arik Armstead is under control for two more seasons. However, they have another decision to make by Thursday — on the Lions’ 2015 first-round choice — and it doesn’t look like such a move will be in the cards.

San Francisco is set to pass on Laken Tomlinson‘s 2019 option, Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reports. While the team has until Thursday to finalize its decision, Maiocco and the Sacramento Bee’s Matt Barrows (Twitter link) don’t believe that will happen.

It would cost the 49ers $9.625MM to pick up Tomlinson’s option. That’s slightly more than what Armstead’s will cost, but Tomlinson has been a better bet to be on the field during his career. He started 32 regular-season games for the Lions from 2015-16 and broke with the 49ers’ starters in 15 games last year.

This would make 2o18 a contract year for Tomlinson, who played well for the 2017 49ers and would be an interesting name on the 2019 UFA market if, in fact, he made it there. San Francisco has big money tied to Joe Staley, but his career is winding down. The 49ers signed Weston Richburg this offseason, however, and added Jonathan Cooper on a cheaper veteran accord.

The 49ers are projected to possess more than $54MM next offseason. While it’s too early for that amount to matter too much, it would appear the team could afford to keep Tomlinson in 2019. But it’s not certain he’ll have the same role by then, with Maiocco noting he, Cooper, Zane Beadles and 2017 UDFA Erik Magnuson will compete for the guard spots this summer. However, Tomlinson — acquired for a fifth-round pick in this year’s draft — may have the inside track considering how he performed last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
              Good luck with the Concussion protocol. He already has two strikes.
              The last one was actually listed as a brain injury...That sounds like retirement time scary.

Comment

• Cliff Avrill cut by Seachickens!

Comment

• Cliff likely done
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• most likely, 10 seasons and not much playing time last year. He did have a good run, 11 playoff games (7 sacks and 21 tackles).

Comment

• He's done because of a neck injury he suffered, which would account for the not much playing time last year thing.
                      Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Hope he's OK enough to enjoy his retirement.
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Ex-Seahawks DE Avril joining Seattle radio
                          Ex-Seahawks DE Cliff Avril is becoming a morning radio host in Seattle.

Avril is joining 950 KJR and will be on the air from 10AM-1PM weekdays. It's unclear if this means Avril is formally retiring — there has been no official announcement — but coupled with his Friday release from the Seahawks, it's a good indication his playing days are over. Avril can't get cleared from his neck injury. He turned 32 last month.
                          Source: Art Thiel on Twitter May 7 - 2:15 PM

Comment

• NFL reinstates 31-year-old DT Sammie Lee Hill
                            NFL reinstated free agent DT Sammie Lee Hill from indefinite suspension.

Hill had been suspended since Nov. 2016 for repeated violations of the league's substance-abuse policy. Now 31, Hill could have trouble finding someone to take a flier on his services. He hasn't appeared in a game since 2015.
                            Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter May 8 - 4:52 PM

Comment

• Bring him back here on a minimum contract and let him go. He will play for another contract and give us a nice push on the DL. Pretty sure he would stay away from the PED's.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                                Bring him back here on a minimum contract and let him go. He will play for another contract and give us a nice push on the DL. Pretty sure he would stay away from the PED's.
                                I doubt that either Quinn or Patricia would go for that.
                                Last edited by DanO; May 9, 2018, 01:50 PM.
                                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X