No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 139, 2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope they approve it. I want him ....not at Ole Miss.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Regardless of NCAA ruling he ain't returning to Ole Miss.

Comment

• Ole Miss or any team on Alabama's schedule (read: SEC).
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I wonder if you'll ever see OSU cancel their spring game.
          They MAY do it. They're definitely moving it up or cancelling. My guess is they'll move it up from 145 to 1130a or so.

But, they're sold out (only 78,000 b/c of renovations). So, that's like $375K or so they'll lose out on. That's an elite playmaker, which they need. Best play that damn game, Urbs.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Two chuckles in today's updates:

But, they're sold out (only 78,000 b/c of renovations). So, that's like $375K or so they'll lose out on. That's an elite playmaker, which they need. Best play that damn game, Urbs. [iam416]

(On Ibi Watson) Finished his time at Michigan with 3 more career Sweet 16 points than miles bridges and jaren Jackson combined. [The Oracle]

Thanks gentlemen!

Comment

• Reports out there saying Shea Patterson is going to be eligible immediately.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it.

We'll be 7-5 with Peters and if Patterso plays, we might reach 8-4. That's assuming he's not John O'Korn 2.0.

Comment

• 0-15 with Peters or 2-27 with Patterson.

Comment

• Shea played quite well against SEC defenses... OKorn played in the American? Conference.

Comment

• Shea played quite well against SEC defenses... OKorn played in the American? Conference.

Hey, take that sort of loaded political commentary to the OT thread ok?

Comment

• Hello from Hawaii. Just sailed 7000 miles from Sydney AU via NZ and the French Polynesians. Connected to ATT 4g for the first time since 04/05. Shipboard internet is good but spotty and expensive to use.

Have been following the football news and this is a good story. The skinny on Patterson v. the others is that he is the best of the bunch because he "makes plays." Other analysis that I've seen at mgo is that while he is not John O'Korn bad, his stats show that he throws some bad balls and gets sacked a lot (sack rates for running QBs are uniformly higher than pro-style guys overall). That same analysis shows that he will progress more in his QB role than Peters will. Peters is compared to Brian Lewerke while Patterson compares favorably with Russel Wilson but not quite that good as Wilson had a very low INT rate.

My money is that Patterson starts v. ND but he'll be on a short leash.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The between the lines in this is interesting. It appears the NCAA updated its transfer-eligibility rules on April 18th. I don't have a read on the rule changes but it obviously affected Patterson and the 5 other Ol'Miss football players seeking immediate eligibility.

The net effect of the NCAA rules change it appears to me was to make it retrospectively unnecessary for M to submit an appeal in the Patterson case. So, they withdrew it and all the subsequent material submitted by M after Ol'Miss submitted their response ....... all of the M material potentially damaging to the Ol'Miss cause in the Freeze situation.

Bottom line is that Patterson is officially eligible and will play for M in 2018 but I think the side story in all of this is interesting. The M stuff in the official NCAA record that provides a good deal of substance to allegations that Ol'Miss is facing on multiple fronts is gone. I suspect efforts to somehow expunge from official NCAA documents M's submissions in support of Patterson gaining eligibility in 2018 is what was going on behind the scenes and what took so long for this to be resolved in Patterson's favor.

The NCAA Division I Council recently approved an amendment to transfer waiver guidelines for student-athletes seeking immediate eligibility following a trans...
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Shea is much needed with how lost Peters looked most the time. Let's hope our tackles can protect him.

Comment

• Some guy on ESPN radio this morning said that Shea was owned by the better defenses in the SEC, and that he only threw for 300 + yards versus Auburn after they were up 35 - 0 and essentially quit playing. Patterson was 14/29 against Alabama for 165 yds. Guy also said that Shea would have been behind Jordan Ta'amu this season anyway, so don't assume he'll beat out Peters and McCaffrey. I'm just the messenger.
                              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; April 28, 2018, 12:07 PM.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ol'Miss's OL was owned by most teams they played from what I've read about that team.

Peters (and Speight and O'Korn) suffered equally in terms of his quality of play behind M's awful OL.

There is a reason that Harbaugh passed on Patterson and instead took Peters in 2016. There is also a reason why Harbaugh appears to have sought Patterson out (probably mutually) when Patterson wanted to transfer.

It's a legit question about which QB will start v. ND and given the submarine, we probably won't know until M takes it's first offensive snap. I think Shea Patterson hype needs a healthy does of skepticism ...... but I still think he'll beat out Peters, McCaffrey and Milton.

Comment

Working...
                                X