X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, 23 years.

Comment

• I think JaJuan Johnson was their biggest get in the last 10 years and Swanny beats him by quite a bit. It's going to be fun seeing him go play in EL. I'm sure the pasty-looking fans in the green and sometimes gold will be showering him with obscenities.

EDIT: I forgot Hummel and E'Twaun Moore. Both were rated higher than Johnson. Moore was #35 on Rivals.
      Last edited by *JD*; May 22, 2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Since it's a down time until June 15th, here's a Tyus Battle highlight video.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfyC-R_ETjI"]Tyus Battle Mixtape @ EYBL Peach Jam - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• He wasn't really a target anymore but Seth Towns Jr. committed to Harvard. I'd guess that's Amaker's biggest recruit by a mile, since leaving A2.

Comment

• Today was also the first day that Beilein would offer 2017 recruits. I haven't heard of any official offers but he apparently talked with these guys (with their 247-composite ranking) today:

PF Xavier Tillman, 6'8", #82
            PF Billy Preston, 6'8", #11
            SF Brian Bowen, 6'6", #12
            SF Greg Floyd Jr., 6'6", #67

Both Tillman and Bowen are Michigan kids so I'm guessing they've been on campus. I don't know about the other guys. Preston's from Texas and Floyd is from California.

Comment

• Some recent highlights of Austin Davis.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02j5p7ul68"]Michigan Wolverine commit Austin Davis 2016 at the Adidas Gauntlet - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Billy Preston? Encouraging Words.

Anyhow, highlight tape on umhoops.com shows exactly why. It's pretty much him shooting. That said, it would be great to have someone taller in that spot, and it looks like with Robinson and Wagner that's where things are headed. I'm glad. No more 6-7 or under 4s please, unless they're already excellent rebounders and fairly physical.

Still, however, I await news of elite 5s. We should not be satisfied with guys who aspire to be Jordan Morgan.

Comment

• While HARBAUGH is dominating the recruiting scene, Tyus Battle decommits. That one could really leave a mark.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Michigan will go as far or as not far as its interior play allows it to. This does suck - A LOT - but improvement on the wings is a marginal thing. Improvement in the paint is transformational.

Comment

• I dunno. IMO, Battle is an NBA player. It's hard not to think his marginal value is pretty high. However, I defer to you on the M roster. I certainly have no problem believing a quality big would have a higher marginal value since it seems like basically you or Oracle could start at the 5 for M these days.

Comment

• And I'm oddly ambivalent about the decommit. I sort of like the B10 being a ridiculous war zone of a league in hoops. This doesn't help.

Now, football is another story. I'd much prefer Rashan Gary go play for the shithole cheaters with numbers on their helmets than play for the sanctimonious, clove cigarette-smoking, espresso-swilling douchebags that copied Princeton's helmet.

But that's just me.

Comment

• Basketball recruiting man. Jeezus. The Battles were supposedly the "rock solid" type.

Comment

• SEC West Football Recruiting:Big-Time Basketball Recruiting

Victorian Era Socialite:Bangkok street walker

Comment

• Apparently this means M is switching to Nike and Tyrus Battle was bought by Adidas.

Comment

Working...
                                X