Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This crosses many threads but I figured this would work:

Woodson and Max Merget, a 16-year-old from Canton who has been a patient at Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor, each threw out the first pitch before the Tigers game at Comerica Park on Wednesday night. Woodson, who recently gave $2 million to Mott for research, will be honored by the hospital today with "Charles Woodson Day."

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110428/...#ixzz1KnQ9bVes

Comment

What a weird draft this has been so far...

Comment

Sure has. I'm surprised at the QB's who have gone.

And, the Detroit Lions seem to have actually made another good pick.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

The QBs went quick because first everyone who needed QBs planned on taking guys like Locker and Dalton at the end of the first round, and then everyone figured out everyone else's plan. Every team with a QB need realized it couldn't afford to wait. Having said that, even though I think Christian Ponder might turn out to be the best QB taken in this draft, I'm really surprised he went #12.
          Last edited by JRB; April 28, 2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

The NFL Networks' coverage has been pretty bad, IMO.

Comment

Reading an analysis of Fairley, it was mentioned that he has bad "work habits". Anyone pay a lot of attention to him at Auburn? I don't know much about him.

Comment

Nick Fairley, to me, is a guy that's gotten by on phenomenal quickness and athletic abilities. I have no first-hand knowledge of his work habits, obviously, but having seen him in the last couple of years at Auburn, I can say he was a dominant defensive player last year. He's going to have to work on his pad level-- he made a lot of plays last year by standing up off the snap and running through gaps. That's not going to fly nearly as often against NFL offensive linemen. He's also going to have to work on stopping at the whistle-- he drew a lot of silly personal fouls last year because he loses control of his emotions and plays too aggressively. Having said all that, I can't fault the Lions for taking him, because I thought he was the best talent available at that pick. He has all the tools. When he was on, he was all but unblockable at the collegiate level last year. He's going to a team with excellent defensive coaches and a franchise DT to emulate in Ndamukong Suh. This ought to work.

Comment

Jonas Mouton goes in the second round to the Chargers. That's a surprise...

Comment

Not sure what GR had his LB's doing but Ezeh/Mouton looked to both be thinking way too much, seems that they had multiple gaps to fill (rare & unlikely)... I would've projected him as a second rounder maybe after his sophomore season till GR got ahold of him.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Greg Robinson wasn't sure what he had his LBs doing, either. Mouton has a lot of talent, but the Chargers have to be very confident in their developmental abilities to take Mouton there. I thought Mouton would be fortunate to sneak into the end of the third round.

Comment

And Ryan Mallett gets to back up a Michigan QB again.

Comment

If Mouton is really worth a 2nd rounder, it just makes Michigan's old defensive coaches look even worse. I thought the excuse was they didn't have any talent to work with?

Comment

Just watched the show on ESPN The Brady Six. Great show if your a M fan. Lots of nice Michigan footage, Carr, Henson interviews. Anyone else catch this. Henson, although he left us high and dry is a class act and a Michigan man, if he would of stayed that last year at M may still be playing, or at least be rich as hell.

Comment

Henson still won't admit that he made a bad move.

Steinbrenner's dollars would have still been available to him after he graduated. The only reason he made the offer was because he wanted to help O-Lie-O win a game.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

That was tressel's first year ....... all part of the mass of roaches being discovered after truning the rock over on the osu football program since that lieing dirt-ball's arrival on the osu campus.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X