No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justise Winslow looking pretty dominating... Would look pretty good in a Pistons uni.
    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
      Justise Winslow looking pretty dominating... Would look pretty good in a Pistons uni.
      Lol, I was just coming here to post the same damn thing. Bleacher Report has him at 7 to the Pistons. Today is the first time I've seen him play and I am really impressed. Great all around game.

Comment

• I concur.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• KCP has like 80 minutes in less than 24 hours. He's playing awesome.

Drummond looked tired while still pulling 22 rebounds and scoring 18 points. Gritty performance.

Near triple double for Reggie.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Drummond did this to Tyler Zeller tonight...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FplcPL_KtqU"]Andre Drummond dunks on Tyler Zeller - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• When AD plays with energy he is fun to watch. Fitting that he missed the FT.

Comment

• Typical Pistons. Let's win 2 games a row when you are out of playoff contention (kind of, Pistons are actually only 5 games back from the #8 seed) so you can drop from a #5 or #6 overall pick to something like #8-10
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Typical Pistons. Let's win 2 games a row when you are out of playoff contention (kind of, Pistons are actually only 5 games back from the #8 seed) so you can drop from a #5 or #6 overall pick to something like #8-10
                  Yep. They recently defeated Memphis, Chicago and Boston. They should end up in the 7 or 8 slot, but could screw that up if they keep winning largely meaningless games.

Comment

• It matters more this season. The team winning (and Jackson playing better) without Monroe are meaningful going into the summer.
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                      It matters more this season. The team winning (and Jackson playing better) without Monroe are meaningful going into the summer.
                      The Pistons fans refrain for what... eight years now?

They have to TANK, and tank an entire season. It's the only way out for a team that can't draw an elite FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

They have to TANK, and tank an entire season. It's the only way out for a team that can't draw an elite FA.
                        Part of me wants to agree, but I just don't see much difference between the quality of player between pick 6 and pick 10 this year. If you go back and look at the last few Pistons drafts, there are not many times you can say that the guy you wish they got was taken 1 or 2 picks ahead of them. Even last year when it seemed pretty bad when they won themselves out of a 1st round pick... who did they really miss out on? I like choices this year in that range way better so it's possible even that worked out better. I'll take the wins unless they are losing out on a top 2 or 3 pick in a year with a few elite players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                          It matters more this season. The team winning (and Jackson playing better) without Monroe are meaningful going into the summer.
                          The wins arent crucial but winning without Monroe is a good sign...Hopefully they let him go and move on and get a good stretch four with the money...A Draymond Green would improve this team alot more than retaining Monroe would.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

You are not paying attention. Look at the teams that tank, they all have zero hope for years because the draft isn't that strong anymore. The 76ers have tanked hardcore for two years and don't have one player they like. Besides, the Pistons are too good (meaning mediocre) and too young to tank a season. You can't pull a Knicks move and sit your best player because our best player is 21 and not 30 whatever Carmelo is.

The secret isn't trending "get a star player no matter what", it's trending toward get competent management, coach who gels with competent mgmt and play the right way (ball movement, spread out, shoot 3's and dribble drive) and get a group of 5 guys with high IQs who all can do those necessary things. The Hawks are winning games all crazy like and they have essentially the same team everybody laughed at two offseasons ago. Everyone thought they were tanking. But then a good coach turned B level players like Milsap, Teague, Horford and a couple C level guys in Korver and Carrol into winners. They have all of the winning ingredients which doesn't mandate a transcendent talent anymore.
                            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• You can tank multiple years like the 76ers and not have one player as good as our top 4 players. They don't have one player in Drummond Monroe or even Jacksons class/ Maybe Noel is one player they found that can develop into a starter on a good team.

Two years of only winning a handful of games while playing against teams sitting their best players every night to rest because they think you are a joke of a franchise.
                              The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                                The wins arent crucial but winning without Monroe is a good sign...Hopefully they let him go and move on and get a good stretch four with the money...A Draymond Green would improve this team alot more than retaining Monroe would.
                                There is just no guarantee they could land Green. It's probably a pretty small chance if we're honest too. Tough choices to be made.

Comment

Working...
                                X