No announcement yet.

Fondly Remembering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't posted anything about my Dad given the discussions going on here and I wanted to wait until a decision was made one way or the other.

As far as I'm concerned, say or don't say anything you'd like about me on here. My only request is that y'all have a drink in my honor, spread some of my ashes on FF and throw a bucket of pig poop on Matt Millen!

Comment

As big of a pain in the ass as I am, I request to be honored here when I'm gone.
      ------------
      <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

When I'm gone, I want the "soccer" thread Stickied.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Here is a great piece on Ned T. Elbows.....The following was sent to me by
          MAN WHO HAS STRONG GRIP. Many thanks for a delightful tribute.

Ned... Where do I begin with Ned or Montana Dave. He was a creative and very unique man with a personality that was as big as the Rocky Mountains he lived in.

His vernacular was 100% his own, if you ever read one of his posts you swore you were reading the post from a madman. He wasn't mad nor crazy he was just having fun. Upon first glance at one of his posts a normal person would have no idea what in the heck he was talking about, but after a few reads, some head scratching he message came over loud and clear. He was fricking nuts.

All of the FREEP gang looked forward to his posts.

I first met Dave at the 2nd or 3rd FREEP Forum game and I had no clue where he was from, he knew I was from Helena so he played it well. We were at some hotel near the Silverdome, we were introducing ourselves, it took me a second. HE kept saying "birdseye road", I was thinking we have a birdseye road in Helena ( the road to the ski hill near Helena). Needless to say we got a good laugh about it.

Personally I didn't know him and we didn't talk to each other outside the forum, he died fairly soon after that forum game. The FREEP gang all pitched in and got him a framed jersey with a picture of the tailgate, I presented it to his family. I wish I could find the pictures of his family with it but I cannot.

What I know about Dave: He was Mormon, who turned out to be a jack Mormon. He was married with a few kids and lived in the foothills of the Helena National Forest. He could drink like a fish, cuss like a sailor, and his family missed him.

Here is to you NED, I will never meet another person like you again.

Comment

"I first met Dave at the 2nd or 3rd FREEP Forum game"
            ------------------------------I beleive it was the third Forum Game, Ken.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
              "I first met Dave at the 2nd or 3rd FREEP Forum game"
              ------------------------------I beleive it was the third Forum Game, Ken.
              The largest ever.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Yes sir.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

How the hell do you guys know

Those mamaries are a dog for me and you two are really old.
                  Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

Originally posted by manwhohasstronggrip View Post
                    How the hell do you guys know

Those mamaries are a dog for me and you two are really old.
                    Mamaries????

Someone has boobs on the mind! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                      Cat, if it's all the same to you, when I am gone, I really don't want to be a part of this thread if you don't mind.
                      Then you have no choice but to hang out here for the time being Shark. You hang in there man; kick C's ass, hug AE, and keep strummin that guitar.
                      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

check, ..... check, ..... check, ..... check, ..... and, check.
                        Last edited by Sharkbait; March 11, 2015, 02:06 PM.
                        "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

how old and what did Tony G die from?
                          Brand New Detroit Lions

Comment

I believe he was 58 or 59 and died from heart disease.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by manwhohasstronggrip View Post
                              how old and what did Tony G die from?

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

RIP Tony. I remember him well from the freep redwing site.

Comment

Working...
                                X