Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
    Hey, like I said what ever makes you sleep better. He was the greatest, just not on short yardage situations, then anybody but him was greater.
    Did you ever have a tool kit? JFC dude, sometimes the best tool is a screwdriver, and sometimes it's a tile saw. FFS. Doesn't mean your tile saw isn't bad-fucking ass. Do you really not get why that is the stupidest take ever?

Running Schleshinger at the goal line was not stupid. You're really bad at this.
    Last edited by dpatnod; May 1, 2017, 09:46 PM.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post
      Actually I just listed it as a fact, I didn't judge it one way or the other. It was you that came up with that conclusion.
      BTW, hey, big guy..... this is not the stating random facts thread, unless it addresses the bear question..... and well, the sugar free haribo bears have become elite - within the top 5 bears out there at this point. Really no longer any question about it. Quilted Northern stocks have soared and they now have verified over 1,200 calls begging off of work because of 'Sugar Free Bear's Revenge'.

In any case, let's just stick to the subject we are discussing, and not just spit out random facts here and there randomly. Thanks.
      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Stafford will win a Super Bowl with the Lions within four years.

Book it! Pay the man. No other choice.

Hopefully he takes the Brady route and choosing winning over just being the highest paid cat in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryTheDeuce View Post
          Stafford will win a Super Bowl with the Lions within four years.
          I bet you my fucking awesome tile saw they don't.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            You are on!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
              Oh yeah. Just stating the facts ma'am.
              Hum, that second quote is from a much older and completely discussion and completely relevant the the fact of what characterizes greatness. Why did you feel a need to convolute the discussion? If you want to have a discussion his heart to play football, let's have that discussion. But don't convolute characteristics of greatness with it.

Comment

Did you ever have a tool kit? JFC dude, sometimes the best tool is a screwdriver, and sometimes it's a tile saw. FFS. Doesn't mean your tile saw isn't bad-fucking ass. Do you really not get why that is the stupidest take ever?

Running Schleshinger at the goal line was not stupid. You're really bad at this.
                I'm bad at this? So you assert it's a good idea to replace "the greatest" in short yardage situation with the bruiser Schleshinger. That would be great if it was true, if "the greatest" was actually replaced in short yardage by Schleshinger. I know you don't like fact but, from 1995 to 1998 (the years where they played for the lions together) Schleshinger had a grand total of 13 carries. If I'm bad, you're fucking horrible.

Oh and for the record, over a 12 year career Schleshinger had a grand total of 5 TDs, so apparently it is a bad idea to put him in on the goal line.

Comment

• Barry was not a battering ram type. They used other options (plural) for those duties, because - you know - that was the smart play. Not getting the ball EVERY play does not change his greatness. You notice he never kicked field goals either, right?
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• Dude, they used people like Ron Rivers, all Five foot eight 205 lbs. they took "the greatest" out because he led the league every year in negative carries and over 50% of his carries where for two yards or less. The stats told them they were better off with anybody but him.

Comment

• And they didn't use the Fridge to return kickoffs.

I would explain to you how there are different styles of running backs, and reasons why situationally you play things different ways. But you are too far gone.

Maybe if Barry was behind a line like Emmit had, you might play things different. But see, you have to understand a lot of complicated pieces.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        My fucking saws-all says they won't win a playoff game with Mulbach on the team!!!!! I will happily ship that to Scottland if I am wrong. Real happily. But I did use it to repair some plumbing. There are some bad memories there. Works great though!

I'll wager a 1950's era Craftsman table saw that Jim Schwartz returns to Detroit as HC in 2019. You just pay $278.99 shipping and handling.
                        Last edited by dpatnod; May 3, 2017, 12:53 AM.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickalicious View Post
                          This is Dumb. All of the territorial pissings are going to give me an aneurysm. Although you know you're right, this lounge act is stale. Even if there is a sliver of truth to the statement, there's just something in the way you communicate, that makes you look like a negative creep and reads like a paper cut feels. Maybe lithium is in order.

That being said, nirvanic, in its root state, actually means to ascend past mediocrity and break the given cycle of reincarnation. You may have been going for something like a an "oblivious numbness" or a sarcastic "heavenly" adjective, but stick to bashing dead horse football takes into powder and please leave transcendent vocabulary out of it. All apologies if this rubs the wrong way, but having ANYTHING positive to say would be a breath of fresh air and likely met with open minds and much more interesting dialogue. Now, if you don't mind, I will return to my regularly scheduled romper room comments about butts and whatnot.

I normally have a hard time differentiating whether Trick is complimenting someone or completely making fun of them at their expense. Or sometimes both.

Good post

dwt1 This user is on your Ignore List.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

And they didn't use the Fridge to return kickoffs.

I would explain to you how there are different styles of running backs, and reasons why situationally you play things different ways. But you are too far gone.

Maybe if Barry was behind a line like Emmit had, you might play things different. But see, you have to understand a lot of complicated pieces.
                            Ah there it is, you always have an excuse. If only Barry had lineman like Lomas Brown, Jeff Hartings and Kevin Glover to run behind - if only. Hey maybe if Barry ran more like Emmitt, you a down hill runner instead of a draw play runner, they may have played things differently.

I know, if only I understood how to make up shit in my mind that didn't exist - I'd be right up there with you.

But let me get this straight - Barry was the greatest running back of all time, but only in certain situations, in other situations not so much? Did the moon have to be in the right phase too?
                            Last edited by dwt1; May 3, 2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdVgkMg7U4A"]Emmitt Smith highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Please highlight to us all those great big holes Dallas' line opened up to make Emmit's running easier.

Comment

• Dude - we were all there, we all watched every single one of his runs. We were all excited while waited each game for that one or two very exciting runs that in each game most of his yards came from, all the while the Lions consistently went three and out because most of his runs accounted for nothing. You witnessed it, we all did. You can also see it for your self, just pick box score from random games and you see that most of his yards came from very few runs. I picked four from the 1991 season (play off win season)

New York Jets 20 at Detroit Lions 34 on December 8th, 1991 - Full team and player stats and box score

in this game he had 20 carries for 114 yards, a great 5.7 yd/carry average. But his longest run was for 51 yards, that means the other 19 carries netted 63 yards, leaving a pretty decent 3.3 yards/carry. wonder what it drops down to if the next longest carry is accounted for?

Los Angeles Rams 10 at Detroit Lions 21 on November 17th, 1991 - Full team and player stats and box score

in this game it was 26 carries for 57 yards, longest being 25 yards - leaving 25 carries for 22 yards.

This game, the last Lions playoff victory. 12 carries for 69 yards, longest was 47 yards, leaving 11 carries for 22 yards.

Here he had 11 carries for for 44 yards, 23 on the longest.

That is why I say, he was an exciting running, really enjoyed watching him run the ball - but he not effective. A running back who GETS 3 yards/carry is much better than a running back who AVERAGES 5 yards/ carry.

Comment

Working...
                                X