Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Great points all around. I think the biggest step forward Stafford has made is that he's made players around him better with his play. The last 3-4 years a lot of people including myself have seen how Brady, Brees and the great ones aren't always throwing to 1st round WR or when those teams had injuries they'd just continue to sling no matter who was catching the ball.

In the past if we lost a weapon it would basically cut us down and the Lions wouldn't find any sync. This last weekend is prime example. Marvin Jones is out and Stafford didn't miss a beat. Ebron went down early in the year. Tate wasn't performing for long stretches. It didn't matter because Stafford would find someone else and kept winning games.

That right there is the difference between playing for stats and playing for wins.
    Very astute point. Basically, the Lions are beginning to see the benefits of having a good to great franchise QB. The ability to plug and play different people into the skill positions with little impact is a key benefit. Another benefit is that skill players will not be able to hold the Lion's ransom in the off season.

Of course, it all unravels if *** must not be said **** but that is still better than things unraveling if any one of many skill players gets hurt.

Having so munch hinge on one player is a risk, but the league has mitigated that risk over the years with all the (ridiculous) rules protecting the QB. Of course these (ridiculous) rules were made to protect the darling QBs whose teams bring the real money into the League. But it would be silly for the Lions *not* to take advantage of these (ridiculous) rules while they can.

Comment

• But yet we have seen Stafford's helmet blown off what, three times this year? Without a penalty called I believe.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dwt1 View Post

But I'll play your game, the measure of a great QB is not that they don't lose games, it's that they WIN games.
        And then?
        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
          He hasn't proven to be a big game player. No evidence so far in 5 complete years of NFL football.

He didn't lead Georgia to any big wins either.

It's unfortunate he started with a bang, but has regressed ever since. Which is a very bad sign.
          And then?
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            Lack of pocket awareness.

A major, well identified concern with him.
            Yep.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMP View Post
              Since we got him I'm hoping Stafford takes a leap forward and familiarity with the coordinator helps.

The typical pre-season hope will turn to mud at week 5.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG6lmHOM39c"]Up Yours, Children - YouTube[/ame]
                Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                  And then?
                  No and then!
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

And then?
                    No and then!
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

And then?

:D

It's funny when guys get called out on their pompous claims. It's even funnier when they back-pedal or disappear until the smoke has cleared and then flap their gums like they were right all along.

One guy (I think) actually went off the deep end and claimed he's done with the Lions only to stink up the forum with more useless drivel that's never even close to reality.

Go Lions!
                      AAL 2017: Zach "in the beanstalk" Zenner

Comment

• I haven't seen dwt in this thread in a minute
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Datfroggy View Post
                          :D

It's funny when guys get called out on their pompous claims. It's even funnier when they back-pedal or disappear until the smoke has cleared and then flap their gums like they were right all along.

One guy (I think) actually went off the deep end and claimed he's done with the Lions only to stink up the forum with more useless drivel that's never even close to reality.

Go Lions!
                          What's the point of sports if we can't have HOT TAKES without any memory of if we are right or wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi Sanders View Post
                            What's the point of sports if we can't have HOT TAKES without any memory of if we are right or wrong?
                            There's a difference between an opinion and a fact. Some of the pompous dorks have a hard time distinguishing between the two. IMHO

Selective memory is not good. It masks a deeper problem which negates any HOT TAKE they might actually be right about. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. IMHO

Go Lions!

Comment

• I never have hot takes only correct ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                I never have hot takes only correct ones.
                                I know how you feel. ;-)

Go Lions!

Comment

Working...
                                X