Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
    So sorry Coop. And don't worry, I'll check on him from time to time.
    His last post on the forum. Jesus.
    1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

• Family Book...Forum Style

Originally posted by DanO View Post
      I can't bear to think about it.

No kidding, my 1 year old gets extra hugs today
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

2014 has been a tough year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
          Actually, I can't think of a more beautiful sentiment for his final post. Chokes me up.
          "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

I hurt. Don't mean to drag this thread down

Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• FYI

DL's funeral will be held on Saturday Nov 22 11 AM at Clock Funeral Home in Whitehall Mi.

The forum will be represented.

Thanks DanO.
              Last edited by Malto Marko; November 21, 2014, 06:44 AM.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                I hurt. Don't mean to drag this thread down

Hugs my friend. We are here for you - you are NOT dragging us down, use this place as a release anytime you need to. <3
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                  Hugs my friend. We are here for you - you are NOT dragging us down, use this place as a release anytime you need to. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post
                    So sorry Coop. And don't worry, I'll check on him from time to time.
                    Originally posted by guitarjack87 View Post
                    Chilling. Goose bumps just broke out all over my skin.
                    AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                    2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                    3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                    4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                    5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                    6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                    7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      FYI

DL's funeral will be held on Saturday Nov 22 11 AM at Clock Funeral Home in Whitehall Mi.

The forum will be represented.
                      MM,

Ty for repping the forum. I would like to again donate to the cause. I'll pay pal in.

Such a depressing month.

I have my mother's big 70th bday bash to go to tonight and I'm still in no mood for a party.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I want to personally give a big Thank You! to Simba, DanO, Bimmer, Panoptes, and Marko69 for all your contributions in helping with representing the forum to the families of our fallen members.

Comment

• Very cool, you guys!
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Damn. This has all been so sad, but the reaction of the people here is nothing short of beautiful. To all of you who have represented the rest of us, thank you.

To whom or whatever is in charge: We get it. None of us is guaranteed anything. Understood. Now please stop with the reminders.

Coop, I want to share a couple of stories with you and I hope that they can be remotely helpful. One morning, a friend of mind in Florida took his daughter to school. On the way, an elderly woman ran a red light and killed both my friend and his 6 year-old daughter. His wife's family had evaporated in a blink of an eye. Gone. I could not begin to imagine that kind of devastation. Every time I heard the U2 song "Beautiful Day" I thought of her, hoping that at some point through the years, she'd be able to see the beauty in the world again. About 8 years after this happened, I randomly saw her at Metro where we both were connecting to flights. It was amazing. She survived and made it through intact. She looked healthy and had a sense of peace about her. I marveled at that, but it does happen.

I have some other friends who had a daughter who was their first child. After several months, they put her in daycare and mom went back to work. They researched daycare options exhaustively and felt very good about the one they chose. During the first week at daycare, their daughter died of SIDS. A few years later, I saw the father and got the courage up to talk to him about it. I asked how things were going and told him that I never understood how people make it through tragedies like losing their child. He told me that, at first, he didn't see how they would do it, but they just did. It was the whole, "one day at a time" thing. But he told me one way that it changed his life in a good way. He was always devoting so much time and effort into trying to control everything. Not in a weird way, but he felt that with enough planning and work, he could basically call the shots. After his daughter died, he realized how ridiculous and futile that was. We don't control anything and we have to be OK with that. He said that, in this particular way, his life changed for the better. When he found himself letting go his compulsive need to try to control everything, he could feel the effect that his daughter had on him in her short life. He said that comforted him a bit.

All of this awful news is yet another tap on our shoulders that we're not promised a single thing. That's a mighty important thing for us all to remember at Thanksgiving -- gratitude.

Peace, strength and love to you, Coop, and to the families of Tony G and Desert Lion. Dean, I hope your pops keeps getting better.
                            Last edited by NewOrleansLion; November 25, 2014, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Very nice CL.

My pleasure Mark.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• That was a lovely post, ColoradoLion. Thank you for taking the time to post it here. I often feel really inept when expressing how touched and distraught I am to read about the struggles here.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X