X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Isn't that kind of the point of the touchscreen? You don't need a mouse?
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
        Judging by the number of people in my meetings who pull out an iPad then stand it up and attach a keyboard - I'd say there's a good market.
        Well... Maybe.. I here more and more people looking for a better "note taker", but we are going to see more and more Tablet/convertibles next year. While that can be marked under productivity (along with work Email), I was thinking more "intensive" application type stuff. A Surface RT with the softcover keyboard, would be as good for that stuff as Windows 8. But the real quest that OEMs will find with Win8 is whether people are willing to pay laptop prices for a tablet, to run applications they can only run in full blooded windows (like who will by the Surface "Pro" for premiere work).
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
          can someone tell me WHY the ipad supports a keyboard but not a mouse ?????
          The easy answer is that the UI doesn't support a cursor, so a mouse would be useless.
          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally Posted by Coop
            can someone tell me WHY the ipad supports a keyboard but not a mouse ?????
            Mice are too common and there's not enough of a profit margin in them for Apple.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• You can buy an aftermarket stylus (pen like tool) for the ipad... some reportedly work very well.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Been playing around with Windows 8 on my tablet. I haven't really used the touch stuff much, but the mouse & keyboard work fine.

Not having the start button takes a little getting used to, but things seem to load more quickly. Overall, I like it, and I'll probably go ahead and upgrade my PC at home.
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• I htink it's a little raw but I honestly think microsoft is on to something with windows 8. Basically making widgets for everything and native. It's a great concept.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• umm, yeaahhh... from what I hear, it's a massive re-vamp. I think I'll wait a generation or two.
                    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• at least until sp1
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Just wait until you have a tablet/laptop hybrid or buy a touch screen monitor for your desktop because you won't get much value out of it until you have a touch screen interface.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                          Just wait until you have a tablet/laptop hybrid or buy a touch screen monitor for your desktop because you won't get much value out of it until you have a touch screen interface.
                          Well 8 is a much leaner OS as a whole compared to Windows 7. So there is a reason for people to install it. They just won't see as much value from the Metro desktop without Touch.
                          AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Leaner doesn't mean that much with today's processing power and typical available ram. Windows 7 runs perfectly fast and fine more most people (and without any bugs for the most part).

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                              Leaner doesn't mean that much with today's processing power and typical available ram. Windows 7 runs perfectly fast and fine more most people (and without any bugs for the most part).
                              We are talking today processing power. I am think more along the lines of people with an Core 2, or original Core i5. It will add legs to those machines. Specially if you only have about 2Geebees of ram.
                              AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• There are other solutions besides a touch screen, though.

I bought the T620 listed there.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X