X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my.

Thanks for all the memories Budd.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen, please remove your hats...

He seemed like a nice guy.

Comment

• RIP to a Detroit sports icon.
        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Bettman new offer includes a 50/50 split of hockey related revenue in the first year and will include no salary rollbacks. The league's proposal would make no changes to the definition of HRR, something that had been a big topic of discussion in previous meetings. Hopes of starting a full 82-game season on Nov. 2.

I hope they can get this thing rolling by early November for the health of the NHL, but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• I'm kinda curious what the split of revenues is offered to be past Year 1, because I suspect that will be what kills the offer.

Comment

• What kills the offer is max contract length of 5 yrs I believe
              2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Lynch and Harwell were equals to me in memorable voices listening to sports on the radio.
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Bruce Martyn is burned into my mind as the voice of the wings
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                    I hope they can get this thing rolling by early November for the health of the NHL, but I'm not holding my breath.
                    It's not going to get done until Buttman decides to negotiate for real. He keeps offering the same thing, he just words it differently.

I honestly think the owners need to step up and fire Buttman. He's the problem, always has been. He's a terrible negotiator. The last time around everyone blamed Goodenow, but guess what? Goodenow is gone and the same thing is happening all over again. It's pretty obvious that the problem is Buttman.

Comment

• Or he's negotiating from a position of strength and knows the union will probably cave.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Bettman is a terrible negotiator. He cancelled the 2003/2004 season and got a deal that at the time everyone thought was favorable to the league. But 8 years later he says the deal wasn't that good for the league. Huh? Whats he going to do cancel two seasons? We've had 40 years of collective bargaining in the 4 pro sports and one lesson we should have learned by now is the players rarely cave, if you eliminate the NFL from the discussion you could say they never cave. And nearly every time they do appear to cave, the deal they secured looks much, much better 5 years later(we'll see on this latest NFL deal).

Comment

• Another thing is that the NHL doesn't operate at quite the same level of strength as the NBA or MLB or NFL. A lot of players can get some fairly decent deals in Europe or Russia... not what they'd make in the NHL, of course, but it's not like in the other of the "Big 4" where if you're not playing for them, you're not playing period.

Comment

• The allure of playing for a foreign team died along with Yaroslavl Lokomotiv's plane
                            Last edited by Tony G; October 19, 2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Not really, a lot of players are still going over there.

Comment

• Looks like there wont be any hockey till January, fine by me. Regular season will be somewhat relative.

Comment

Working...
                                X