• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Jason Hanson honored at halftime, says he'll 'be a Detroit Lion forever'

Jason Hanson gave Detroit Lions fans exactly what they wanted Sunday, when he was inducted as the 14th member of the Pride of the Lions: his own ovation for fans.

?I didn?t only play football for Detroit,? Hanson said as he stood at midfield during a halftime ceremony. ?I played football only in Detroit. I?ll be a Detroit Lion forever.?

For 21 seasons, Hanson was as much a face of the team as anyone. His 327 games set the NFL record for games played with one team. And he set just about every Lions scoring record in the process, and several NFL records.

Hanson arrived in style for his ceremony. He did a tour around the field while riding shotgun in a black Ford Mustang. He waved and saluted the fans, looking every part the elder statesman, even though he may not feel the part at 43.

?I?m in the middle of Ford Field on game day in slacks and a Mustang ride,? Hanson told the crowd. ?I feel like I should be warming up.?

When Hanson walked toward midfield, some blasts from his past were there waiting for him: former punters Nick Harris and Jim Arnold and former special-teams coach Frank Novak.

?Jim, you held for my first field goal in the NFL,? Hanson said, ?and Nick, you held for my last field goal in the NFL.?

Then, one of the key people in Hanson?s career made a surprise entrance. Former special-teams coach Chuck Priefer showed up and got a bear hug from Hanson, who often has credited Priefer with making him such a successful kicker.

Hanson?s name and the years he played, 1992-2012, were unveiled on the East side of the stadium, along with other Lions greats.

Team president Tom Lewand offered his thanks to Hanson for a career filled with consistency and professionalism.

?On behalf of the entire William Clay Ford family and everyone in the Detroit Lions organization and Lions fans everywhere, it?s a great, great pleasure and honor to welcome Jason as the 14th member of the Pride of the Lions,? Lewand said.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Jason Hanson honored at halftime, says he'll 'be a Detroit Lion forever'
        poor bastard
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
          poor bastard
          Ya, but like us, he had little choice.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• au contraire. he had plenty of choice once he became a FA
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by OR Lion View Post
              Kickalicious trying out with Green Bay...sigh
              Well now I just feel silly.
              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Warrant issued for our pal Charles Rogers

"Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  MAN RAM, C started tonights record tying game for DEN and P MANNING.
                  MAN RAM, C just parlayed his short stint into a 2 yr contract extension

Comment

• Theres been a C. AVRIL, DE sighting.

He had a 1st half strip sack against SF for SEA

Comment

• Superstar Avril!

Comment

• [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzMf8scG8M[/ame]

Comment

• Gotta pay that debt off

"To help you get ready for the big game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Minnesota Vikings on September 29, NFLUK will be staging the latest in our popular series of Fan Forums, featuring legends from both of those famous franchises.

Former Steelers running back Merril Hoge, now an ESPN analyst, ex-Vikings wide receiver Ahmad Rashad and former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be answering your questions at the Landmark Hotel in Marylebone Road at 11 a.m. on Saturday."

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                          AAL Quintez Cephus
                          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Mike Thomas | Wide Receiver

Team: Unsigned Free AgentAge / DOB: (26) / 6/4/1987Ht / Wt: 5'8' / 198College: ArizonaContract: view contract details

shocking !
                            The only logical explanation is:
                            I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Ha!

Sammie Hill DT Tennessee Titans.........out..........ankle.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                                "To help you get ready for the big game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Minnesota Vikings on September 29, NFLUK will be staging the latest in our popular series of Fan Forums, featuring legends from both of those famous franchises.

Former Steelers running back Merril Hoge, now an ESPN analyst, ex-Vikings wide receiver Ahmad Rashad and former Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper will be answering your questions at the Landmark Hotel in Marylebone Road at 11 a.m. on Saturday."

http://www.nfluk.com/content/join-st...ends-fan-forum

I just have one question for Culpepper...

what's it like to have a sex party on a boat?
                                "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                                Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

Working...
                                X