Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    Earth shattering shut right there. If he's not hurt these next couple years he's back, end of story. Cite all the espen magazine articles you want.
    Sure.

Comment

Moose coming off the bench...Stan the man says starting lineup stays the same for now (blah)
      "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

Didn't get to see the game, but 0-3 now. Jennings got more pt. They've been so bad the past few years that I'm not even all that disappointed.......yet.

Comment

The team defense has major issues.

At least it was good to see Monroe's offense back though. His post moves are the most reliable offense the pistons have in the half court set. They really should be running most the plays through him when he's on the court.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

tOfficial Detroit Pistons thread

Josh smith is fucking horrible got damn man! I been laughing at him for years with the Hawks

Can't see how joe d saw this man suck ass in the playoffs every year and sign him to a contract

He shoots jumpers like he's Ray Allen!

We went 1/17 from three we need shooters period ppl who can shoot

I was a guy who stood behind kcp....not anymore he needs to go to the d league to gain confidence he'd beat the scrubs down there up pretty bad

He can't hit the broad side of a barn

Right now the best players we have are Dre and monroe like always so why the hell did we sign anybody else?

Jennings isn't getting better

Brandon knight however is and he still has upside

Jennings has no upside

Middleton has upside

Our starting lineup should be knight singler middleton monroe Dre

Lol same team we already had

We are fucked because nobody with two eyes should want josh smith

Comment

Pistons are pussies. A bunch of jumping shooting losers.

Stan has his work cut out for him.

KCP sucks moose balls.

Comment

GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Originally posted by D_boy View Post
                  Josh smith is fucking horrible got damn man! I been laughing at him for years with the Hawks

Can't see how joe d saw this man suck ass in the playoffs every year and sign him to a contract

He shoots jumpers like he's Ray Allen!

We went 1/17 from three we need shooters period ppl who can shoot

I was a guy who stood behind kcp....not anymore he needs to go to the d league to gain confidence he'd beat the scrubs down there up pretty bad

He can't hit the broad side of a barn

Right now the best players we have are Dre and monroe like always so why the hell did we sign anybody else?

Jennings isn't getting better

Brandon knight however is and he still has upside

Jennings has no upside

Middleton has upside

Our starting lineup should be knight singler middleton monroe Dre

Lol same team we already had

We are fucked because nobody with two eyes should want josh smith
                  God this is awful, it's really dumb stuff Taco. Even if some of that mess you posted above is right, it's still just so very dumb. Please, stop being you and be someone else and not just for Halloween, but everyday.
                  The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

Pistons playing their best game in a long time tonight. Best defense in a long long time.

Few notes -

KCP found his stroke.
                    Jennings finally looking better than his backup.
                    Monroe is good.
                    Andre is rushing his shot but he'll learn
                    SVG used the big lineup to perfection... owned the boards.
                    SVG played a 4 shooters plus Andre lineup for a while that worked great (shades of Howard and Orlando days).
                    Jonas is good in this system.
                    Andre's post defense needs lots of work.
                    Josh Smith shot less and played great defense on Carmelo.
                    Knicks suck.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Did the Pistons know about the new TV deal before playing hardball with Monroe?

Comment

Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        Pistons playing their best game in a long time tonight. Best defense in a long long time.

Few notes -

KCP found his stroke.
                        Jennings finally looking better than his backup.
                        Monroe is good.
                        Andre is rushing his shot but he'll learn
                        SVG used the big lineup to perfection... owned the boards.
                        SVG played a 4 shooters plus Andre lineup for a while that worked great (shades of Howard and Orlando days).
                        Jonas is good in this system.
                        Andre's post defense needs lots of work.
                        Josh Smith shot less and played great defense on Carmelo.
                        Knicks suck.
                        I think Josh Smith took 17 shots, which would be a season high. Smith is going to nosedive after this year, his hops are betraying him. Got stuffed by a white guy and by the rim tonight. But he always plays Melo tough.

Comment

With all the complaining about Smith starting at the 3 you'd think people would realize that Smith at the 3 is better than Singler at the 3. Because Singler offers very little in any category, Smith offers playmaking (he has become deft at finding 3 point shooters off penetration) and some toughness down low. He also handles the bigger 3's in this League better than a lot of other teams small forwards. Melo isn't going to bully Josh, he handled Paul George pretty well last year, and he slowed Lebron down a bit.

Last year we played our best ball against the really good playoff teams that have bully playmakers at the wngs. Pacers, Heat, Spurs, Bulls teams like that we could compete with. It was those "first round exit" finesse teams like Dantonio's Lakers and the Portland ButtBlazers we couldn't run with.

Comment

It's been awhile since I gave my first class opinions here, so here are a couple early season observations and reminders:

1. No, Greg didn't get better, he will be Greg again this year (15/9/3) His games was maxed out Jan 2010. Also, probably best to get used to him running like a girl, it's been 4 years gang. No improvement.

2. Andre is not a superstar in the making who just needs the game to slow down for him on offense. He has no offense or any offensive skill to develop. He's broke in that area. He is also clueless on the defensive end save for the wow moment block shots. Luckily for him he is a freakishly athletic 290 lb guy and that is enough to be an All-Star at some point.

3. SVG isn't going to magically look any less stuffed on the sideline, so stop expecting it ladies. He doesn't have much to work with in that area. He is always going to look (and probably smell) like he just an entire meat loaf. Extra ketchup? Yes please. Puke.

4. The Palace isn't any better despite what you are hearing. An extra big stretch screen is just what eccentric billionaires with Ron Popeil hair in a can do to overcompensate for their small endowments. Talking penis size here folks.

5. If one more game goes by w/o Blaha calling the PG combination the BJ and DJ show I am going to scream. Also pissed we didn't draft German sharpshooter Hans Gaab. That's a hard G.

6. Quentin Richardson not teaching the 3 goggles after made 3's to our players is a fire-able offense. You've got one job Q.

7. The only way for me to get on board with Jerebko in the rotation is to play Weezer's My Name is Jonas after every made 3. Because that is a great song and I wouldn't mind hearing it 0.667 times a game.

8. This team feels like last years team. KCP feels like last year's KCP. Jennings feels like last years Jennings. There have only been marginal roster improvements. I want to see Cartier, Jodie Meeks and every other fairy named FA Stan Van signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
                              It's been awhile since I gave my first class opinions here, so here are a couple early season observations and reminders:

1. No, Greg didn't get better, he will be Greg again this year (15/9/3) His games was maxed out Jan 2010. Also, probably best to get used to him running like a girl, it's been 4 years gang. No improvement.

2. Andre is not a superstar in the making who just needs the game to slow down for him on offense. He has no offense or any offensive skill to develop. He's broke in that area. He is also clueless on the defensive end save for the wow moment block shots. Luckily for him he is a freakishly athletic 290 lb guy and that is enough to be an All-Star at some point.

3. SVG isn't going to magically look any less stuffed on the sideline, so stop expecting it ladies. He doesn't have much to work with in that area. He is always going to look (and probably smell) like he just an entire meat loaf. Extra ketchup? Yes please. Puke.

4. The Palace isn't any better despite what you are hearing. An extra big stretch screen is just what eccentric billionaires with Ron Popeil hair in a can do to overcompensate for their small endowments. Talking penis size here folks.

5. If one more game goes by w/o Blaha calling the PG combination the BJ and DJ show I am going to scream. Also pissed we didn't draft German sharpshooter Hans Gaab. That's a hard G.

6. Quentin Richardson not teaching the 3 goggles after made 3's to our players is a fire-able offense. You've got one job Q.

7. The only way for me to get on board with Jerebko in the rotation is to play Weezer's My Name is Jonas after every made 3. Because that is a great song and I wouldn't mind hearing it 0.667 times a game.

8. This team feels like last years team. KCP feels like last year's KCP. Jennings feels like last years Jennings. There have only been marginal roster improvements. I want to see Cartier, Jodie Meeks and every other fairy named FA Stan Van signed.
                              Not bad except for forgetting the word ATE in point 3. Send resume and sample document to Grantland.
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Point 2 is right on

Comment

Working...
                                X