No announcement yet.

Forumites and their Dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She likes the snow. She would lick the snow off the entire driveway if I let her.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• lol Tony, nice choreographing with your buddys, OK, now first you look into the camera and you look to the side, then switch for the second pic. Perfect! :-)

Comment

• My doggie went from not liking the snow very much (she would tip toe from the house to her duty spot) to having a ball in it.

Now she rips out the back door taking a bite out of the snow pile that is made from shoveling the driveway to racing around the garage and back yard. When the snow was about chest high to her she would drop her head and toss snow into the air as she was running trying to catch it and if she missed.......oh well, she just went for another scoop.

Interesting how she changed her thoughts about snow in just a few short weeks.

I am guessing it is because she is allowed to come in when she is done playing and before we got her, she was kept in an outdoor kennel.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• lol Buster has caught on to this brutal winter, runs outside and does his business fast. And runs back to the door. Its hilarious really

Comment

• maybe Dan-o was right

Blaze, an adorable but obstinate Husky, doesn't want to go into his kennel and has no problem saying so. By using a combination of his verbal skills and

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCRDskZrUMU"]Blaze Loves His Kennel (ORIGINAL) Husky Says No to Kennel - Funny - YouTube[/ame]
            Forever One!

Comment

• Lol poor buddy
              "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• This Dog Was Brought Back To Life And Saved Another Life In The Process

4006 38 15

19Do you believe in miracles? This story could change the minds of even the most skeptical people.

You’ll never guess the end to this amazing story.
                Xena was a puppy that was found nearly dead on the side of the road. When animal control arrived, they initially thought the dog was a corpse because there was no way a body in that condition was still alive. But Xena was miraculously nursed back to health.

The 4-month old puppy had been abandoned in a cage and almost starved to death.
                The Friends of Dekalb Animals started a Facebook page and gained support for Xena.

That’s when Xena met Jonny, an 8-year-old autistic boy. Since that day, the two have been best friends.

“Jonny has a very limited vocabulary…but since Xena came into our home, Jonny has not stopped talking. He talks to her all the way home from school, during homework and afterwards he plays with her until dinner.”
                After the two teamed up, Xena even won awards.

Xena and Jonny still partner up to raise awareness about autism and the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month.
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I would just like to kick the shit out of anyone that would mistreat an animal that way.

Glad Xena found Johnny and Johnny found Xena.

Comment

• Had to scroll down quickly. Glad it turned out so well. You can tell something about the true heart of an individual by how they treat their pets.

Comment

• That is heartbreaking and makes me fist clenching angry. Beautiful recovery though and nice story. Very well done.

As for the people who caused it? Put them in a locked room and very VERY slowly, starve the bastards.
                      Last edited by Marko69; January 21, 2014, 10:38 AM.
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        That is heartbreaking and makes me fist clenching angry. Beautiful recovery though and nice story. Very well done.

As for the people who caused it? Put them in a locked room and very VERY slowly, starve the bastards.
                        I know emotions run high on this sort of thing but let's not forget our civic responsibility to neuter or spay the person responsible before starving them.
                        Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Right on, Trick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            I was pissed off at their deceptive labeling. What I would like to find is a either a good dog food I can buy in my Kroger, or a less expensive dog food from a pet food store.

Seems the Newman's own is a 4 star
                            Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            Where is that carried?
                            Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            I saw it on my Kroger shelf along with the Rachel Ray dog food
                            Ah, cool. Never saw it.
                            Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                            Me either. It seemed new on the shelves. I got in a bind before the snow/freeze and when I couldn't even get into my kroger's parking lot I went to a party store and got a bag of beneful to get through the week. My lab has been itching her ear all week and acting miserable
                            Reba gets Dr. Foster and Smith Senior Dry. It's only 3 stars on that site but I think they unfairly dinged it for an ingredient near the end of the list.

She was on Kibbles and Bits when I rescued her and had terrible allergies and digestive problems. She has really thrived since then.
                            Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            When I went to Pet Smart, they suggested I buy Blue Buffalo for my doggie.

I bowl with a guy that owns a Pet Feed store.

He suggested instead of Blue Buffalo, I go with NutriSource.

It is a 4 star recommendation from Deb's site and costs $40.00 for 40 lbs.

Here is their link.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...-dog-food-dry/
                            So I looked at the other dog foods today. The Newman's Own was $2.37 /lb. The Iams I used to buy was $1.88/lb. The Rachel Ray Nutrish dog food (4 stars) was $1.27/lb. I hate the name, but the price was right along with the ingredients.

I would have sworn I saw Nutrisca on the shelf today. It actually gets a 5 star rating. Have to look closer next time
                            Nutrisca Dog Food - an independent review, star rating and recall history by the editors of The Dog Food Advisor.
                            Last edited by Tony G; January 21, 2014, 05:36 PM.
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Wow that looks like fabulous food. Please let me know where you find it.
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Amazing that Xena lived given her emaciated state. Glad Johnny and Xena found each other.

"I know emotions run high on this sort of thing but let's not forget our civic responsibility to neuter or spay the person responsible before starving them."
                                --------------------------------------------------NICE!!!!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X