No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for sports fans, but good news for NBT. 2015 will be the last full time season for Jeff Gordon:

Jeff Gordon announced Thusday that the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup season will be his last as a full-time driver.

Bring the cup home big fella!

Comment

• Heard that.
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Middlesbrough dump Man City at the Ethiad in the FA Cup, and they looked organized and good doing it. Last 30+ stoppage City never had an uncontested shot or header on goal.

Comment

• Really got to wonder if the EPL clubs are taking the Cup seriously. Chelsea gubbed 4-2 @ the bridge by Bradford ? Fucking unreal.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Not sure why they wouldn't, it's hardware, and that's what Premiership managers success is measured on.

Can't speak for the Chelski match, but the City match they kept trying to play Arsenal football and make that 14th exquisite pass to lead to the goal. Middlesbrough was having none of it.

Personally, I'd have been gutted to see that deflected shot go in, when it hit the post and a Middlesbrough player scrambled to clear it I was like YES!!!!!

What made it more fun to watch was pretty much most of the 2nd half the game was stretched, and every time Middlesbrough managed to hustle back and recover. Stretched again, recover again. Their work rate was off the charts.
            Last edited by Fraquar; January 24, 2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• I cannot offer up anything constructive as I was working all day and didn't see any football at all........, but if some of these EPL clubs ARE taking things seriously....., then the league format needs looked at.

Bradford City winning 4-2 at the Bridge? Chelsea haven't conceded 4 at the Bridge for fucking eons, and they've been in the Champions League for the past 15 years! And League One Bradford go there and put 4 past them?! Nope, I ain't buying it.

Middlesbrough on the other hand are actually doing ok in the Championship and it was always going to be a potential banana skin for City, even at the Etihad.
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Oh and a great away win for the Cabbage today....., 2-0 away at QOS.

JFW's lose at home to Falkirk.....

Perfect Saturday for the song:

"I've never felt much like singing the blues......
                When the Hibees win.....
                And the Jam Tarts lose....
                Ooooooo yeah, ........, Hibernian Fc....... "

Nice home win for the OSIJEK today also. Hopefully the revival of a rather desperate season. 'MON THE OSIJEK!

Comment

• I'M FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES...

:-D

Comment

• Eets West Heeeeem innit!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pmhJwhDtacY[/ame]

Comment

• Famous West heeeeem innit supporter...... Crest on the bass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        haha

'They work like blacks up there.'
                        Imagine saying that now.

Bristol were the far better team.... but we'll take it.

Tipping Arsenal to go back-to-back.

Comment

• I didn't know you had an English subconscious fascination, Marko?
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by God-King Dean View Post
                            haha

'They work like blacks up there.'
                            Imagine saying that now.

Bristol were the far better team.... but we'll take it.

Tipping Arsenal to go back-to-back.
                            Yeah, old Alf Garnett was a bit of a racist bastard.

Comment

• I wonder if this humour is appreciated in America. Post it here as it's F1.

F1, Nascar, all the same absolute fucking pish to me.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UuM_iSwMof8[/ame]

Comment

• Here is a cool article in the Freep about my cousin.

WAZA OWNER TRADES HIMSELF TO LAS VEGAS on Page 5B of Saturday, February 07, 2015 issue of The Detroit Free Press
                                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X