• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    Specially when a M fan brought them up.
    lol... yeah I know but i felt like goin fishin
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Ho-hum, MICHIGAN football lands another 4-star recruit.

Ben Gedeon, welcome to the pinnacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Again, what a whiner.
        Read in the whiny tone it was posted in.......

Comment

• Small news but Michigan Women's Basketball just hired the reigning Big East Coach of the year. I'm all for the Women's team being a NCAA tourney regular as well as the Men.

Comment

• We are well past this but I thought this was interesting enough to repost from the Michigan Forum.

Will Heininger on RR:

Here's your answer: We didn't have a good defense under coach Rod because he ran the program, from a management standpoint, exactly how you're not supposed to. (I'm not trying to hurt the guy, but giving an honest assessment of what happened). In business, or in any leadership role, you should always try to surround yourself with as smart/talented individuals as you could find. They have good ideas that aren't your own, etc. Coach Rod hired his friends....except for at DC. But that creates an even bigger problem, because the assistants are supposed to listen to the DC. You don't just hire a DC and not let him hire his own position coaches, unless you want your own staff bickering and undermining each other. So our two DCs (who I respect a lot) never really got to run their own show. Combine that with what I consider non-Michigan caliber defensive recruiting, and... there you have it. For the record: I think RR is an incredible offensive mind. I just don't think he was a good manager of our program. And the deck wasn't exactly stacked for him, if you know what I mean (I'm not talking about players here).

Comment

• We are well past this but I thought this was interesting enough to repost from the Michigan Forum.

Will Heininger on RR:

Here's your answer: We didn't have a good defense under coach Rod because he ran the program, from a management standpoint, exactly how you're not supposed to. (I'm not trying to hurt the guy, but giving an honest assessment of what happened). In business, or in any leadership role, you should always try to surround yourself with as smart/talented individuals as you could find. They have good ideas that aren't your own, etc. Coach Rod hired his friends....except for at DC. But that creates an even bigger problem, because the assistants are supposed to listen to the DC. You don't just hire a DC and not let him hire his own position coaches, unless you want your own staff bickering and undermining each other. So our two DCs (who I respect a lot) never really got to run their own show. Combine that with what I consider non-Michigan caliber defensive recruiting, and... there you have it. For the record: I think RR is an incredible offensive mind. I just don't think he was a good manager of our program. And the deck wasn't exactly stacked for him, if you know what I mean (I'm not talking about players here).

Comment

• More from Will:

Will on Denard:

I would do anything for him. There is no one I'd rather have leading our program. He hasn't changed one bit for the worse with all the spotlight, all the fame, etc. He is the same humble, caring, smiling kid that he was when he walked in summer '09. As a teammate, he's a leader. He's tough as nails, and he doesn't complain. He comes out to practice every day with a great attitude (something that's harder than you'd think at times). He makes his teammates better, and he loves his school. One time we were at the mall with another teammate who had to get a new phone. This would've taken about 10 minutes, except that people swarmed Denard for pictures/autographs etc. We had somewhere to go, but he signed every one, and took every picture. He even went across Briarwood with a woman in a wheelchair to find her husband, who was "the biggest Michigan fan ever, and would love a picture with him." That's the kind of kid he is. So when you see him on TV at the Basketball games having a great time with his teammates, you better believe that's 100% real. The camera loves him. He doesn't love the camera. He puts up with it because he knows it comes with the territory, and he doesn't complain. I hope this settles the score on Denard.

He is one of the most special players to come through Michigan in my lifetime, and I plan on savoring his senior season, now as an alumni. I now see from the outside what he does for our university, and it is something to behold. He's a special one.

Comment

• A story on Austin Hatch. He says he still plans on being part of the 2013 class. That's a major goal to chase as he still hasn't been cleared to play basketball. That would be amazing if he achieves it.

Comment

• bline's a good dude and isn't going to turn his back on the kid.

Imagine Urban Meyer giving a kid with a serious head injury a schollie. Wouldn't happen.
                    Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Wow! Zak Irvin (2013 verbal) is starting to look really good. He might wind up ranked Top 30.

There's some good video of him here:

2013 Michigan commitment Zak Irvin shot the ball extremely well at the Adidas Spring Classic and continued his strong play throughout the spring. The 2013 Michigan commit demonstrated his complete game while leading the Eric Gordon All-Stars at the event. Watch footage of Irvin in action in the embedded media player below. More from the […]

His smooth game and AA are reminding me of Jimmy King.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                        Imagine Urban Meyer giving a kid with a serious head injury a schollie. Wouldn't happen.

Don't you already have to have something wrong with your head to go to The ohio?

Comment

• lol
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• A nice article about Stauskas:

Nik Stauskas wasn't exactly terrified, but he was far from settled. Earlier this spring, when Michigan basketball point guard Trey Burke was pondering his future, ...

Comment

• Stauskas goes great with Weiner Schnitzel.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• ESPN's new H.S. basketball rankings are out and the Michigan's 2013 commits are represented:

Walton is #39

Irvin is #61

Donnal is #65.

Obviously, Austin Hatch isn't ranked.

Other potential 2013 targets are big man Dominic Woodson (#57) and the Smotlike Reggie Cameron (#67).

2014 Targets listed:

Devin Booker #24

Keita Bates-Diop #45

Bryant McIntosh #50

and.... the kid I mentioned earlier this week in the Michigan Forum, Karl Towns Jr., has the top spot in their 2015 rankings

However, ESPN is dumb. He mentions in the umhoops interview that he's grown up a Michigan football and basketball fan yet ESPN doesn't have Michigan on his "list".

From umhoops.com's interview:
                                Who’s recruiting you?

“Michigan is always up there, Rutgers, Kentucky, Ohio State, Texas, Duke, Florida, Seton Hall, North Carolina.”

Any offers yet?

“It’s so wild right now, I’m not really looking at the offers, just seeing what schools are interested in me.”

Do you have a list?

“It’s so early in the recruiting process that I’m open to everybody and all the schools are on my map. But I always liked Michigan when I was a child, so I always root behind big Blue.”
                                Last edited by *JD*; May 24, 2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X