Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisky will have to stop OSU, too.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It'll be a disheartened OSU team that lines up against a stone wall in Indianapolis. Nuss, Murderous Matty, Tom Harmon Reincarnate, and the Hokester have a secret gameplan they've been saving all year for this one day.

Michigan 34
      OSU 21

Comment

• Nice try, troll.

OlieO 42

M 6

And, for the 3rd year in a row, I will not be watching.

I'll be sitting at Ford Field watching the Michigan HS State Finals.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Really, you didn't watch in 2012?

Whatever else he's done, Hoke's made The Game competitive every year.

Comment

• The last FULL OlieO v Michigan game I watched .. IIRC ... was 2007. It was Lloyd Carr's last M v O game in Ann Arbor.

Since then, I've watched bits and pieces of games until about 3 years ago, then I stopped. Nothing to see anymore.

Even last year's 1-point anomaly was never in doubt.

As soon as they lined up for that 2 point conversion I knew it would fail.

Comment

• Meyer will be desperate for "style points", expect 50+ to be hung on that road game genius fuck, Hoke.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't think style points matter. I think the Committee mostly cares about how you do against quality teams. As such, OSU merely needs to avoid a disastrous loss or, perhaps, a super-close win.

Comment

• Heard Bob Bollsby, BIG 12 Commisioner, on sports radio talk about the committee. Made some good points regarding the committes's charter. The selection is really a lot more objective than it appears.

The best point he made though was there are two possible pathways to the selection process: (1) Select teams to optimize TV viewership or (2) find the 4 best teams regardless of how they'll draw.

Bollsby made a point noting he's pretty sure the committee will not take option (1) although there will be plenty of outside pressure to do that.

Re M/osu. There's been some talk about how The Game is no longer a classic rivalry. I disagree. The Game is always going to be a great one in terms of CFB tradition. He'll, ND/Navy continued to draw great crowds even when ND was in the shitter. So did Auburn/Alabama with Alabama where M is now only a few years ago and before Saban.

M has the talent on the field to beat osu. Despite the obvious defiencies at QB (accuracy had a lot to do with some of the dropped passes), the run game continues to improve and stopping the run could be problematic as this is not one of osu's strong suits.

I don't think M has a chance in hell of winning this because despite demonstrations of a good run game at times, there will be the inevitable brain fart that will kill a drive, cost a turnover, or deflate the team. You could feel the air go out of the balloon in the two sequences of Norfleet's KO return getting called back followed by a drive stopping defensive stand, a roughing the kicker penalty and subsequent easy Maryland TD. Game over. Oh, and then there's Brady Hoke.
                  There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The OHIO BULL$HIT THREAD - They like them Grown & Sexy!-

And then there's Gardner always Ready to be charitable
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• ........ Until I'm standing in the pocket watching a bunch of angry, 300pound defensive linemen speeding towards me, while I glance down field to try and find an open receiver, then right after throwing, get smashed to the ground with my head bouncing off it ...... and then I get back up to do it again, I will having nothing bad to say about Devin Gardner.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• And that is in anyway different than any other div 1 QB? I worry about you Jeff as you have become an apologist for a QB that makes Navare look like an all American.

Comment

• I hope Devin Gardner takes his Michigan degree and becomes a fine citizen, family man, and all-around good guy.

I won't miss him as Michigan's QB.

Comment

• Ohio State opens at -20.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Ohio State opens at -20.
                              wow, that has to be the highest spread in this series in 50 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                ........ Until I'm standing in the pocket watching a bunch of angry, 300pound defensive linemen speeding towards me, while I glance down field to try and find an open receiver, then right after throwing, get smashed to the ground with my head bouncing off it ...... and then I get back up to do it again, I will having nothing bad to say about Devin Gardner.
                                So you will never criticize any D1 or NFL QB ever again?

By this logic we should never criticize elected officials unless you have held office yourself. I'm completely comfortable saying that Devin Gardner is an awful QB who has a buffoon for a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X