No announcement yet.

Celebrity Death Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't know Mickey did silent movies....

R.I.P.
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Funny Boy!
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• RIP Mickey.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Interesting tie between Mickey Rooney and the Detroit Lions. I bought my girlfriend tickets to see a play called "Crazy for You" in Toronto which was in January 1996. Mickey Rooney was the star. So after I bought the ticket, I realized the start of the show might conflict with the end of the 1996 playoff game between the Lions and The Eagles. I remember being all stressed out....how would I leave to go to the play if it was a close game. Well......thanks to Scott Mitchell, there was no problem at all!!!
          AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• No problem at all!!!
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Cunningham View Post
              Interesting tie between Mickey Rooney and the Detroit Lions. I bought my girlfriend tickets to see a play called "Crazy for You" in Toronto which was in January 1996. Mickey Rooney was the star. So after I bought the ticket, I realized the start of the show might conflict with the end of the 1996 playoff game between the Lions and The Eagles. I remember being all stressed out....how would I leave to go to the play if it was a close game. Well......thanks to Scott Mitchell, there was no problem at all!!!

You kiddin me?

Lomas guaranteed the win.

Eagles hung 38 on the Lions D and the Lions O only answered with 7 in the first half.

Lions O responded with 30 in the second half but the D still gave up another 20.

I understand the frustration with Mitchell but, he is not the one who lost the game. The D couldn't stop an old lady with a walker.

.......and BTW that was December of 1995.

.....and Rodney Peete was the Eagles QB that carved up the Lions D.

If, we are talking about the same game.

.....and hands of Stone caught 2 TD passes.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Police were on Tuesday investigating the death of model and TV personality Peaches Geldof, the 25-year-old daughter of Irish musician and Live Aid organizer Bob Geldof and TV presenter Paula Yates.

I was a HUGE Bob Geldof fan in my youth. I am so sad for him - he has suffered so many premature losses to loved ones
                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• I was a HUGE Bob Geldof fan in my youth.
                  ditto, (WPOD!!)
                  this sucks.
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• That was the game Marko! R u sure it was December 1995, that seems early for a playoff game....but different times back then.
                    AKA Dave Lubin

Comment

• RIP Mickey..
                      Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• RIP Mickey. Saw so many of his movies when I was a kid.

Also, John Pinette died. Funny, funny man.
                        2005 Detroit Lions motto: "We're not happy until you're not happy!"

Comment

• RIP to two funny men from 2 entirely different eras.

RIP MICKEY ROONEY AND JOHN "EAT MO VEGTABLE" PINETTE
                          19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• RIP Peaches Geldof. Younger than my son. Very sad indeed. Condolences to Sir Bob....., I can't begin to imagine the grief.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I'm surprised no-one mentoned John Pinette, dead at 50 of heart failure. He was in the final episode of Seinfeld. Took two years off from standup comedy to take the leading role as a lady in Shampoo. Voted one of the Top 10 Comedians ever to appear on Just for Laughs. He had an appeal not unlike John Candy.

[ame]http://youtu.be/wpMkRIXhLH0[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                                RIP Mickey. Saw so many of his movies when I was a kid.

Also, John Pinette died. Funny, funny man.
                                Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                RIP to two funny men from 2 entirely different eras.

RIP MICKEY ROONEY AND JOHN "EAT MO VEGTABLE" PINETTE
                                Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                                I'm surprised no-one mentoned John Pinette, dead at 50 of heart failure. He was in the final episode of Seinfeld. Took two years off from standup comedy to take the leading role as a lady in Shampoo. Voted one of the Top 10 Comedians ever to appear on Just for Laughs. He had an appeal not unlike John Candy.

http://youtu.be/wpMkRIXhLH0

I don't remember him from Seinfeld at all for some reason.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X