Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
    So who had the better offseason the Wings or Pistons?
    I think within the microcosm of their respective offseasons, the Pistons definitely got better overall talent.

However, as far as addressing what each respective team needed, the Wings definitely did a better job filling their holes (though to be fair the Wings had far fewer desperate needs).

It's hard for me to give the nod to the Pistons when they're getting ready to wheel out Brandon Knight at the point again (who has spent the better part of the last two years being slightly worse than pure shit). It smacks a lot of the Lions stubborn refusal to admit Joey Harrington wasn't the right guy at QB, and I think without a move, it's going to cost the Pistons in much the same way.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      I think within the microcosm of their respective offseasons, the Pistons definitely got better overall talent.

However, as far as addressing what each respective team needed, the Wings definitely did a better job filling their holes (though to be fair the Wings had far fewer desperate needs).

It's hard for me to give the nod to the Pistons when they're getting ready to wheel out Brandon Knight at the point again (who has spent the better part of the last two years being slightly worse than pure shit). It smacks a lot of the Lions stubborn refusal to admit Joey Harrington wasn't the right guy at QB, and I think without a move, it's going to cost the Pistons in much the same way.
      You can add Villinueava to that list.
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
        You can add Villinueava to that list.
        Villinueava isn't being slated as a starter... at least I hope to God not.

Comment

• Even so, he is a waste of locker room space.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

We still have some holes on D. There's just no one available in FA anymore and the thinking that since we have cap space we'll be able to trade for someone just never materializes.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• For anyone who cares.....Mike Foligno has signed on as an assistant coach with New Jersey. This follows last years stint with the Chicago Wolves, a couple of months with farrish and Carlyle in California and several years as hc of the Sudbury wolves in the ohl. He also served as GM in Sudbury. Personally I think he was in way over his head as the GM...
              As fof the wings in the offseason, I was really surprised Holland didn't release Todd Bertuzzi.
              Sadly, I don't think he has anything left in the tank.

Comment

• He certainly doesn't seem to be a full season player anymore
                Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• He is a playoff banger with good hands.

Comment

• He seems a little unhealthy to be labeled this years Dallas Drake..
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I was thinking more of a Darren McCarty.

Comment

• What do you guys think Alfredson still has in the tank? I've loved his game throughout the years. Do you think he was signed to be on that second line with Weiss or is he tabbed to be on the 1st with Dats and Z?

Depending on the line I'd say 23-25 goals.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I'm betting 2nd line or PP
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I have no idea how we'd swing this one with our current cap space but I'd be extremely happy if we did.

Leafs looking to move defenseman Franson?

The Red Wings have liked big, skilled defenseman Cody Franson for some time. He might be available, but it seems unlikely that the Toronto Maple Leafs would trade him to their new Atlantic Division rival.

TSN's Darren Dreger reported the Leafs might be forced to move the 6-foot-5, 213-pound Franson because of his contract demands. He is a restricted free agent.

Dreger speculated that the asking price would be a prospect and a draft pick.

The Red Wings, who have not spoken to the Leafs about Franson, would like to add a top-four defenseman, especially a right-handed shooter like Franson, but would need to move a defenseman to make room.

Franson, 25, led Maple Leafs defensemen with 29 points, including four goals, in 2013.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Wings will honor Nick Lidstrom by officially retiring #5 on March 6th when we host the Avalanche.

Comment

• Damien Brunner still has no team. Rumors are he will be playing in Switzerland next year. lol I have to laugh at all the people who through a hissy fit Kenny didn't sign him, well guess what?? Nobody else whats him either! Told Ya! :-)

He better lower his asking price (and long term signing) or bye bye NHL. Should have taken the Red Wings 2 year deal, too late now.

Note: Cleary is not signed either waiting on the the Wings, but the team is over the salary cap (which is $64.3 million, and the Red Wings are at $66.9 million with restricted free agent Gustav Nyquist unsigned and with 16 forwards under contract once Nyquist is signed. He probably will be with another team - good guy to have - not a great loss - best of luck
                                Last edited by WingsFan; August 9, 2013, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X