Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :D
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Last line of the article ...

Twins are like a city or a football franchise. You can?t carry them with just one arm.

Ok ... that's good writing.

It seems the NFL and the sports media try hard to make Stafford the next great celebrity QB. I think they know he could be a player that football fans across the country could easily root for.

But he just hasn't delivered enough big wins on the field.

Its good to read about his work ethic. And that the losses (and his sometimes lacking performances) do bother him. I have wondered if the lazy, fun loving, texas good ol boy persona actually was accurate and carried into his football life. I try not to make those types of judgments but sometimes its hard not to when the development and results aren't there and you are looking for some type of explanation for why.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
        Last line of the article ...

Twins are like a city or a football franchise. You can?t carry them with just one arm.

Ok ... that's good writing.

It seems the NFL and the sports media try hard to make Stafford the next great celebrity QB. I think they know he could be a player that football fans across the country could easily root for.

But he just hasn't delivered enough big wins on the field.

Its good to read about his work ethic. And that the losses (and his sometimes lacking performances) do bother him. I have wondered if the lazy, fun loving, texas good ol boy persona actually was accurate and carried into his football life. I try not to make those types of judgments but sometimes its hard not to when the development and results aren't there and you are looking for some type of explanation for why.
        Stafford seems to be the type of person who just plain loves life. He has since his rookie year seem determined and has a lust for winning, something that unlike some players we have doesn't seem to wane after a while. But I think he also can disconnect, he doesn't need success in football to make him happy. So we have dozens of photo's of him sitting back with his now wife on his arms having a drink in some warm place during winter and spring with a smile on his face. He has always had a "fat face" that in uniform especially makes him come of as though he doesn't work out as much as he should. But in the combine he had better numbers in athletic tests than Pretty Boy Sanchez and the scrambler Freeman.

But lets look back at the actual history. He has never been reported to be out at the club at any point during the season. The hot blond with big (probably paid for) boobs that he always has draped over him during the "partying" has been the same person whom he has been with since his sophomore season of college and the mother of his Twins. Every offensive player that has played with him has basically said they'd take a bullet for him (and many a fight has been had by linemen going after a defensemen after a cheap hit (including ones Stafford instigated)). Two coaches, two GM's, and 2 of 3 OC's have been steadfast in defense of him. Even the one OC holdout really hasn't said anything (which honestly I would expect even if he hated him).

While I am sure that Stafford could have done more early to increase his ability as a QB and some of that he didn't realize till he matured more. I don't think that was the laid back partying Stafford that some of the media and other posters portrayed. It was a Stafford who didn't understand how it would help him.
        AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Originally posted by Topweasel View Post
          Stafford seems to be the type of person who just plain loves life. He has since his rookie year seem determined and has a lust for winning, something that unlike some players we have doesn't seem to wane after a while. But I think he also can disconnect, he doesn't need success in football to make him happy. So we have dozens of photo's of him sitting back with his now wife on his arms having a drink in some warm place during winter and spring with a smile on his face. He has always had a "fat face" that in uniform especially makes him come of as though he doesn't work out as much as he should. But in the combine he had better numbers in athletic tests than Pretty Boy Sanchez and the scrambler Freeman.

But lets look back at the actual history. He has never been reported to be out at the club at any point during the season. The hot blond with big (probably paid for) boobs that he always has draped over him during the "partying" has been the same person whom he has been with since his sophomore season of college and the mother of his Twins. Every offensive player that has played with him has basically said they'd take a bullet for him (and many a fight has been had by linemen going after a defensemen after a cheap hit (including ones Stafford instigated)). Two coaches, two GM's, and 2 of 3 OC's have been steadfast in defense of him. Even the one OC holdout really hasn't said anything (which honestly I would expect even if he hated him).

While I am sure that Stafford could have done more early to increase his ability as a QB and some of that he didn't realize till he matured more. I don't think that was the laid back partying Stafford that some of the media and other posters portrayed. It was a Stafford who didn't understand how it would help him.
          I don?t think there is anything he could have done to increase her s abilility as a QB in the NFL. The NFL is played at such a different level, it?s the best of the best, the strongest, the fastest, the smartest playing at a very high speed. You either have the skill to make the transition or you don?t. If there were things you can do to increase your ability, there would be more top tier QB?s in the NFL.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Dilly Dilly!!
              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• That was a great article on Stafford. Thanks for posting it.
                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• DILLY DILLY !!!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Great read. God-aweful website.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Notes: Mike Tanier calls Matthew Stafford ‘the best quarterback in the NFL not named Tom Brady’

But what the f do sports journalists and statisticians know about shit, ammiright?
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• If the NFL could just find a way to let the Lions play all their games in "Slowlights", Matt Stafford would be the feckin GOAT.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Or if the management could field a complete fucking team..... just once.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                            Or if the management could field a complete fucking team..... just once.
                            Way to much to expect!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              If the NFL could just find a way to let the Lions play all their games in "Slowlights", Matt Stafford would be the feckin GOAT.
                              TaglineVVVVV
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                It's right here.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X