No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like OSU would have at least given rolle tide a game.

Comment

• OSU would have scored points vs Bama at least.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah, I think OSU would have given Bama a tougher ballgame, but I don't think anyone was going to stop the Tide last night.

Anything can happen in CFB, but Bama looks like they're on a mission.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ohio State was without their two starting DTs going into the game. That's no way to play Bama. Adolphus Washington and Michael Bennett were critical last season.

They probably would have had Bosa for the whole game, though, since I doubt he would have been close enough to the QB for a targeting!

But, that's fantasy. OSU f'd up, so it's meaningless.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent how did you like that first play in the Rose Bowl? 75 yard td, not bad for a scrum like kirsten mccaffery!

Comment

• Go Stanford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The maddening thing about last night was they were getting after Coker but never really got home. Coker had the game of his life avoiding pressure and then firing lasers. And they exploited the safeties like OSU did last year.

OSU most definitely would have been closer

Comment

• A PAC12/PAC10 team blowing out a B10 team in the Rose Bowl has happened a lot in the last decade....
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• For the most part, I think looking at the 5 year recruiting of each B10 team is a good indicator of how well they have played in their bowl game. The biggest difference is Michigan's domination of Florida thanks to Harbaugh's elite coaching.

Stanford 15th ranked 5 year recruiting , Iowa 50th ... Stanford winning 21-0
                    Michigan 11th, Florida 8th ... Michigan won 41-7 .... Harbaugh effect.
                    Tennessee 13th, NW 44th ... Tennessee won 45-6
                    Alabama 1st, MSU 27th ... Alabama won 38-0
                    Ohio State 2nd, ND 10th... OSU won 44-28
                    Minnesota 65th, Central Michigan 101st ... Minnesota won 21-14 (barely won).
                    IU 55th, Duke 56th ... Duke won 44-41 in OT.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I still don't get how the CFP ranked Iowa ahead of OSU or, for that matter, NW ahead of M. The latter didn't affect any bowl. The former created this shitfest Rose Bowl. But, hey. Ferentz is a 3-time B10 COY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        For the most part, I think looking at the 5 year recruiting of each B10 team is a good indicator of how well they have played in their bowl game. The biggest difference is Michigan's domination of Florida thanks to Harbaugh's elite coaching.

Stanford 15th ranked 5 year recruiting , Iowa 50th ... Stanford winning 21-0
                        Michigan 11th, Florida 8th ... Michigan won 41-7 .... Harbaugh effect.
                        Tennessee 13th, NW 44th ... Tennessee won 45-6
                        Alabama 1st, MSU 27th ... Alabama won 38-0
                        Ohio State 2nd, ND 10th... OSU won 44-28
                        Minnesota 65th, Central Michigan 101st ... Minnesota won 21-14 (barely won).
                        IU 55th, Duke 56th ... Duke won 44-41 in OT.
                        It really is all about recruiting. The best players will win or lose. Coaching is more of an intangible thing. Over the course of the game the team with the best players win. Having said that they're are great coaches that can out prepare you if all things are equal. like a Saban or Meyer, and Harbaugh. There's a few odd ball teams that get top recruits but are still mediocre like Texas but overall gimmi the best players and I'll beat you.

Comment

• Jimmys and the Joes.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I still don't get how the CFP ranked Iowa ahead of OSU or, for that matter, NW ahead of M. The latter didn't affect any bowl. The former created this shitfest Rose Bowl. But, hey. Ferentz is a 3-time B10 COY!
                            4-time COY now. Meanwhile Tressel and Urbz have zero combined

Comment

• Oh, right. FOUR-TIME!!!! LOL.

Comment

• In college, the coaches are the ones who are evaluating and recruiting the talent so they have doubly the affect as professional sports who have general managers building the teams...

Talent generally wins out, coaches certainly have a significant effect. M (& USC, Texas) has been a massive underachiever while Sparty (& Wisconsin, Baylor, TCU) has been a massive overachiever. Coaching is the root of the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X