Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Johnson is pretty explosive. Check his film out. He likes to score.
    Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• The main thing that worries me is losing out on kids from Detroit and Michigan in general. UFM getting Michael Jordan and soon Donnie Corley hurts. Plus, M almost has 0 chance at kids from Ohio cause Urban owns that state. Peoples-Jones will be the big one. If Harbaugh can pull it off, I'd feel better about the way recruiting in Michigan is trending.
      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• I agree that it's time to start focusing on locking down in-state prospects. If ever there were a prospect that's a must get, it's DPJ.

Comment

• As compared to 2015, M could be more talented in 2017, and they should have a proven QB. But they'll be massively inexperienced and I don't like that talent THAT much. But that's way down the road.

The main thing that worries me is losing out on kids from Detroit and Michigan in general. UFM getting Michael Jordan and soon Donnie Corley hurts. Plus, M almost has 0 chance at kids from Ohio cause Urban owns that state. Peoples-Jones will be the big one. If Harbaugh can pull it off, I'd feel better about the way recruiting in Michigan is trending.
          Taking the points out of order, I find it fascinating that JH has almost no interest in Ohio. Perhaps it's a calculated cost/benefit decision. I dunno. Coach Hoke, though, managed to land Ohio kids that UFM wanted. ND is a thorn in UFM's side in Ohio, too. Yet, I can't see M in on any Ohio recruit of significance in 2017. They may go Plan B for some WRs that are good, but that's it. That'll make 3 straight years of basically zero Ohio recruiting.

Meanwhile, Michigan is turning into a battleground state where M has to work its ass off against MSU and OSU. M will get 2 of the 9 composite 4 stars in-state for 2016. Now, they offset these two points with Chris Patridge, but I'm not sure how sustainable that is. For one, this year's NJ class was really good at the top. It won't be next year. They'll need to do better in Michigan, IMO, going forward -- and next year is a good year to start.

As for DPJ, I think he's M all day. OSU will push for him but I think too many factors are in M's favor. And that's good for you guys because I think he's way more important to M than he is to OSU.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It IS interesting that M seems to be ignoring Ohio talent at the moment. Ultimately there's enough talent to go around, and I like the national focus, but it's certainly a break from history. Maybe he's waiting to pick some key recruiting battles for after next year, when perhaps there will be more buzz and more of a proven track record. I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Taking the points out of order, I find it fascinating that JH has almost no interest in Ohio. Perhaps it's a calculated cost/benefit decision. I dunno.
              Posted this a while back:

Of the 225 reporters offers Michigan has issues according to 247Sports, only seven are to prospects in Ohio. Michigan has sent out 33 offers to prospects from Florida, 33 to Texas, 28 to California, 12 to Michigan and 11 to New Jersey.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I heard from my Dad that Georgia's semester doesn't start until next week, right after Nauta makes his announcement. Nauta wants to enroll early.
                Michigan's spring semester already started.
                And supposedly Nauta's names is in the UGA directory because you need to enroll early to be apart of the Spring semester.

My dad follows Mgoblow closely, I'm guessing that's where he got it from. Idk of its validity.
                So... 0% chance he picks Michigan, which isn't surprising.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Nice photo Rocky.

It IS interesting that M seems to be ignoring Ohio talent at the moment. Ultimately there's enough talent to go around, and I like the national focus, but it's certainly a break from history.
                  Rocky's article covers possibilities, and I suspect JH knew he was short on Ohio contacts and tried to get the TE coach from Kentucky to come to UM. It also surprised me that the new DC did not have Ohio roots.

But that being said, I suspect JH will be moving into Ohio soon. MSU and ND are there, but there is a history of Ohio kids being the foundation of UM teams, and Ohio simply has too much talent too close to AA for JH to ignore.

I also think Corley is by far the best HS WR I have seen this year. Not even close. Actually, Hill played a good game at WR in the state finals.

Comment

• Drake Harris, Grant Perry, Mo Ways, Ahmir Mitchell, Brad Hawkins, Nate Johnson and Chris Evans... Possibly adding Dylan Crawford this upcoming weekend...

I like this group more than most, Harris has the highest ceiling IF healthy. Grant Perry looks like he's going to have a future here, especially after next season when Chesson, Darboh graduate. M will be really missing a guy who can stretch the field vertically like Chesson in '17. Maybe Harris is that guy, maybe they can land DPJ or another similar talent...

Blue chip WR's will be a need for '17, hopefully they can land a couple top 50 types.

Comment

• Yup. Who knows exactly how Harris' health was this year, but I wish we'd have seen more from him. Perry just seems to have a low ceiling, but can be pretty effective. I don't really see much that he does that's all that scary for defenses besides blocking. I like Hawkins more than most and maybe Mitchell can be a great WR...I like him as a S. DPJ is close to a must get. Early leaders are said to be Florida, USC and M.

Comment

• Thought OSU was a little more in it than that, but I'll defer on that one.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They might be. DPJ plays things pretty close to the vest, but it was reported early that he wanted to get out of state. The people at Rivals think M is the choice if he stays close. Still 13 months to go so WTF knows.

Comment

• Nauta gives a glowing report on Michigan ahead of his impending announcement. How nice of him.

Comment

• The last time I wrote, "This ain't over until Stan's girlfriend sings", we landed Harbaugh.

Nauta has always been a heavy lean and why did he and Eason stay with Georgia ($$) even after MR was fired, remains a mystery?

Hell, Nauta even attended a bowl practice in Miami courtesy of Mark Richt.

Slim hope but didn't it happen last year or the year before, a school or two listed players in their student directories that actually pledged elsewhere on NSD?
                              Last edited by Prime2; January 5, 2016, 07:34 PM.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Yeah, the student directory thing is meaningless to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X