Clear All

• Finally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• John Harbaugh interested in Anquan Boldin return

Posted by Josh Alper on March 29, 2017, 11:09 AM EDT

Getty Images
      Wide receiver Anquan Boldin is unsigned, but reportedly has designs on playing during the 2017 season and one of his former employers could offer him a chance to make that happen.

Boldin spent three seasons with the Ravens from 2010-12 and capped his time in Baltimore with a Super Bowl ring, which are memories that seem to have made a strong impression on Ravens coach John Harbaugh. Harbaugh said on Wednesday that he’s “interested” in Boldin returning to Baltimore for a second tour of duty.

Harbaugh said he believes Boldin can play “at the highest level” while noting that his interest doesn’t mean Boldin will be back in Charm City for the 2017 season.

“I’ve got to be careful in how I answer that because, of course, we are. Of course, I am. I’m thinking about it every day. Just like I’m thinking about [other open spots on the roster],” Harbaugh said, via the team’s website. “But that’s up to Ozzie. It’s up to all of us, but in the final accounting, I think we need to see what all the options are. And I don’t even know if Anquan wants to come back. That would be another thing that we have to look into.”

There’s not much experience behind Mike Wallace and Breshad Perriman on the Ravens’ depth chart at receiver, although that would be quickly remedied by signing a player with 1,076 catches under his belt. It remains to be seen how things will progress from here, but Harbaugh’s comments would make a return engagement an unsurprising turn of events.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Former Lions, Dolphins safety arrested, doesn’t seem to mind

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 5, 2017, 6:15 AM EDT

For a guy who got arrested, Louis Delmas has a lot to smile about.

According to David Neal of the Miami Herald, the former Lions and Dolphins safety was arrested for taunting police while they were trying to test his friend during a DUI stop.

Delmas was the passenger in a car driven by Andry Madrigal, who got a DUI and was arrested for knowingly driving with a suspended license — since it was the 30th and 31st driving citations he’s received since 2006. But while Miami-Dade Police were administering roadside sobriety tests to Madrigal, officers reported that Delmas kept yelling at them, despite multiple requests to stop.

So they arrested him for a municipal ordinance violation, resisting arrest without violence.

He apparently thought this was a hoot, as he provided them with one of the best arrest mug shots we’ve seen in a while.

Delmas hasn’t been heard from on the field since 2015 training camp with the Dolphins, when he suffered a second torn ACL which ended his career. He spent his first five years in the league with the Lions, and was a good-enough player when he was healthy, which wasn’t often.

It’s good to know none of this has dampened his joy for life.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Is DeAndre Levy back in crutches?

But if Levy’s Instagram post from Wednesday evening is any indication, he may not be healthy at all:

That would explain Levy’s caption:

“Your knee is fine,” they said.

Will this end with a claim he was rushed back to playing too quickly?
          Last edited by dpatnod; April 6, 2017, 10:53 AM.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Delmas must have been really hammered or just really stupid if he was riding in a car driven by someone who was legally intoxicated.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Welp...... here we go....

The Detroit Lions did DeAndre Levy wrong

At best, the Lions robbed Levy the opportunity to heal properly in preparation for the 2017 season. At worst, they were implicit in damaging his reputation with the fans, endangering his chance at a future in the NFL and robbing him of money he is properly due. That’s not a good look, Lions.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Report: Ex-Lion Titus Young gets 4 years in prison

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

The Detroit News | Updated 15 hours ago

Former Lions receiver Titus Young is in the news again.

Young, a 2011 second-round pick from Boise State, was sentenced to four years in prison after pleading guilty to felony battery arising from a January 2016 incident, according to TMZ. The situation arose after Young left an inpatient mental treatment facility in Los Angeles and beat up his neighbor.

Young spent two years with the Lions, before he was released in January 2013. He was claimed on waivers by the Rams, and released less than two weeks later. He has been out of football since.

The legal issues began with a pair of arrests on the same day in May 2013, first for suspicion of DUI and next for trying to steal his car from the impoundment yard. Another incident happened within a week, for burglary, assault, and resisting arrest.

Young eventually pleaded no contest to felony battery charges, which resulted in probation plus a year of inpatient treatment.

Young had 81 catches for 990 yards and 10 touchdowns in 26 games for the Lions.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• One place you don't want to be a wide receiver is in prison. Yikes

Comment

• Jeebus, that's a depressing stretch of articles. Lions fever, catch it!

Comment

• LB Stephen Tulloch to announce retirement from NFL
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• But, what about Fluellen? Is it time?
                        Last edited by dpatnod; April 18, 2017, 05:28 PM.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          But, what about Fluellen? Is it time for his 8th stint with the Lions?
                          Fixed that for you.

Death, taxes and Flu.

Comment

• Fluellen has already signed with the Lions 9 times.

10 coming up?
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Aww shit. I knew it was a lot, I think they should for old times sake

Comment

• F yes you know it! Flu once a year!
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X