No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Jim Harbaugh says he's invited Barack and Michelle to be honorary captains at a game this year....please, please accept.

Comment

• Is the Pope next?
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Great gesture by Coach Jim.

Comment

• Some food for thought for Conservative Capitalists:

“If you think, as I do, that the free market economy is the way we should organize society ... we have to think about [the future] in ways that actually show that this system has something in it for everyone,” he says. “Otherwise there is a backlash lurking around the corner.”

We've heard the implications in those words above come through in some of our erstwhile progs who post here. But this piece gives some depth to the implications of the wage gap and how other countries recognize the dangers of that sort of thing and are dealing with it at the highest levels of government, labor unions and industry.

Retraining programs, many steering workers toward blue-collar jobs, flourish in Europe. What can the US learn?
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/876394578777174021[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/RubenBolling/status/876428075399081984[/ame]

Could've gone with a Father's Day post. Or expressed remorse about the 7 dead sailors on the USS Fitzgerald.

He decided to talk about himself and his best poll rating in months (A 50-50 result) in the Rasmussen poll which is running 9 points better for him than any other credible poll out there.

Comment

• The Rasputin Poll. What a self absorbed butt-head.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                The Great Jim Harbaugh says he's invited Barack and Michelle to be honorary captains at a game this year....please, please accept.
                Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall to conversation between those 3?
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The Great Jim Harbaugh says he's invited Barack and Michelle to be honorary captains at a game this year....please, please accept.
                  Indeed, Harbaugh is great. He is also a Republican. There is nothing I can think of that is better for everyone than to show respect toward a former President and his wife. This is the kind of thing that brings people together, and not apart. I say good for you Jim Harbaugh.

Great gesture by Coach Jim.
                  Yup.
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; June 18, 2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• Local Georgia GOP chair tells WP:

“I’ll tell you what: I think the shooting is going to win this election for us,” Carver told the Post Saturday. “Because moderates and independents in this district are tired of left-wing extremism. I get that there’s extremists on both sides, but we are not seeing them.”

Comment

• Jason Chaffetz, with nothing left to lose, slams Trump & Jeff Sessions on his way out the door

On Sessions: “I find him to be worse than what I saw with (former Attorney General) Loretta Lynch in terms of releasing documents and making things available. That's my experience, and that's not what I expected.”

Chaffetz is checked out. With less than two weeks left before his early exit from Congress, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) trashed President Trump and U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a no-hold…

Comment

• Anyone with a moniker named after a James Bond movie should really just stifle.

DSL:

hi
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Some food for thought for Conservative Capitalists:

?If you think, as I do, that the free market economy is the way we should organize society ... we have to think about [the future] in ways that actually show that this system has something in it for everyone,? he says. ?Otherwise there is a backlash lurking around the corner.?

We've heard the implications in those words above come through in some of our erstwhile progs who post here. But this piece gives some depth to the implications of the wage gap and how other countries recognize the dangers of that sort of thing and are dealing with it at the highest levels of government, labor unions and industry.

https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Euro...-the-workforce
                          That was a good article Jeff, I'm not sure it fully gets to the heart of the matter in regards to job retraining. I think part of the issue with job retraining in America is the mobility of the worker in regards to geography. In other words are the workers willing and able to move to places to benefit from retraining.

I've thought many times in my profession about the white collar to blue collar job migration. They can't offshore a plumbing job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Local Georgia GOP chair tells WP:

“I’ll tell you what: I think the shooting is going to win this election for us,” Carver told the Post Saturday. “Because moderates and independents in this district are tired of left-wing extremism. I get that there’s extremists on both sides, but we are not seeing them.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ecial-election
                            If anything and not unsurprisingly, it will hurt Karen Handle, the R candidate for District Six in GA (Tom Price held that seat until he became VP).

That's because they released a ridiculous campaign add trying to link Ossoff to last week's shooting in VA. The ad showed Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise being hauled off the field in a stretcher and noting Ossoff won't be a guy in Washington who stands up to terrorism. Local news is chastising the Handel campaign calling the add disgusting and harmful. Handle has called the add the same.

This is going to be a very close vote. Political wonks are calling it a referendum on Trump. Handle is a popular local politician and viewed as being a capable politician although the Ossoff campaign has run a ton of ads outlining her incompetence in the many offices she has held or run for in GA.

When I did a fact check on the claims in the Ossoff ads his campaign's adds at PolitFact, his ads were relatively truthful while Handel's; were mostly false or labeled as misleading. A huge amount of money was raised (mostly from crowd sourcing) and spent by both sides PACs.

The election is tomorrow. I don't vote in it, not my district but I've always like Karen Handle; she's definitely up against it in this race.

Comment

• Yeah, good piece from the Monitor.

Regarding job retraining, I'd be interested to know the cost to that guy. I'm in a disrupted profession; I'd like to get another degree. But universities are just another shark in the tank. The American-capitalism style commercialization of education is exacerbating the problem.
                              Last edited by hack; June 19, 2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Jeff, I don't think its a 'referendum' like the talking heads claim. I doubt if many are going to walk into the polls saying "Chump is clearly an incompetent dodo so I'm voting for Jon" (great name though). It could, imo, be a gauge of how much of grip Chump still has on PO'd independents.

Are there independents in GA? My impression is politics is pretty cut and dried there without much fuzzy in between.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X