No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidstrom showing he's still one of the best in the game tonight. Most PP goals for a defenseman in playoff history.

He's pure money! I had a chance to watch both of his goals, simply get it on net & good things happen.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA"]YouTube - Dumb and Dumber 'There's a Chance'[/ame]

Comment

• Nashville wins a nail biter, 4-3 to stay alive. Sedin Sisters remain pointless again,The Swedish twins were a combined minus-seven on the night. ... Kesler carries Vancouver and is earning Conn Smythe consideration.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 8, 2011, 08:18 AM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• HOLY SMOKE!

Comment

• Wow, I thought the Wings were dead in that one. Now all of a sudden it's a series!

Comment

• Its a series if they can get it back to 3-3
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I disagree. They have clawed it back to the point where they are at the same place they would be if everyone had won their home games. Down 3-2 going home for game 6. So now you win game 6 at home and let the chips fall where they may in game 7.

Unfortunately, I think Thornton intentionally injuring Franzen is going to come back to hurt. I suspect he will be out of game 6. And who knows how Datsyuk's hand will be?

Comment

• Joe Thornton is the biggest piece of shit in the NHL. Big guy who acts like a world class pussy. He's gutless and is not deserving of captaining a team to the Stanley Cup. As a life long Red Wings fan I had the pleasure of watching Steve Yzerman - a true champion - scratch and claw his way to 3 Stanley Cups. Never once did he act like a goddamn soccer player. Joe Thornton is not worthy of carrying Mr. Yzerman's sweaty jock to the laundry room. He is a disgrace to the game and all who have played it honorably for decades. He's a 6' 5", 240 lb. figure skater with glass ankles and a heart the size of a pea. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
                    Last edited by Mike; May 9, 2011, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Wings really stole one last night. Outshot 42-22. They cashed in about five years worth of karma on Cleary's goal. They have been completely dominated in San Jose otherwise. They have a chance to force a game 7, but it will take another miracle to win that seventh game.

Franzen is already a complete non factor in this series.

Comment

• It's the reverse of how we used to be in the playoffs. We were the team that had 20 more shots yet the other goalie always used to make a bunch of key saves to have the game still be tight.

Comment

• Pavel Datsyuk, although Russian is the best "European" in the game and one of only three I would ever have on my team as an NHL coach.

Comment

• Is Nick Lidstrom one of the other two?

Comment

• Pavel Datsyuk is easily better than any Canadian in the game. As is Lidstrom. I don't get the anti-European Don Cherry bigotry you sometimes hear in hockey. That stuff is so 1990's.
                              Last edited by Jamie H; May 9, 2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Joe Thornton is the biggest piece of shit in the NHL.
                                Can't disagree with that. He's a giant pussy and he intentionally injured Franzen on that play. You can see him intentionally go after the ankle on the replay.

Here's hoping Kronwall concusses him into retirement.

Comment

Working...
                                X