Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • F#*K OHIO!!!

    You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

    Comment


    • If we've learned nothing else, a fine assistant does not necessarily a great head coach make.

      Comment


      • F#*K OHIO!!!

        You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          If Jeffie agrees with Nick, I hope that might cause him to have a re-evaluation of his opinion.
          uuuugh.......

          But for the record Jeffee.......I don't see this as a simple getting over the hump issue. Doing the same thing next year with a couple of different players isn't going to get this done.....I just don't think it's time to burn things down.

          A huge problem, historically, for coaches in Detroit....is that they're extremely stubborn. Most have schemes that they're married to and possess this fundamental (and incorrect) idea that if they just keep plugging away that they'll just get over the hump. And this is not what I'm talking about at all. The running game and pass-rush of this team have been abject failures, and they're both pretty important to a BBDB philosophy.

          Again.....I think that Pattty/Pasquelininiii need to make some changes in how they're bringing pressure (as in getting some).

          They need a running game for TOP...going 3-and out in a BBDB philosophy is a killer, even when they don't get points they need to spell the D. I think we need to look for a RB who can create, because the OL isn't creating shit.

          So we'll get to see......if Patty comes back stubborn like previous coaches demands on doing things the same way, hoping to just get over the hump. He'll fail and we'll have new staff in '21.

          But if he looks at his D and says....'this part (pass rush) was a total failure..we need to do something different" then maybe it works out.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

            uuuugh.......

            But for the record Jeffee.......I don't see this as a simple getting over the hump issue. Doing the same thing next year with a couple of different players isn't going to get this done.....I just don't think it's time to burn things down.

            A huge problem, historically, for coaches in Detroit....is that they're extremely stubborn. Most have schemes that they're married to and possess this fundamental (and incorrect) idea that if they just keep plugging away that they'll just get over the hump. And this is not what I'm talking about at all. The running game and pass-rush of this team have been abject failures, and they're both pretty important to a BBDB philosophy.

            Again.....I think that Pattty/Pasquelininiii need to make some changes in how they're bringing pressure (as in getting some).

            They need a running game for TOP...going 3-and out in a BBDB philosophy is a killer, even when they don't get points they need to spell the D. I think we need to look for a RB who can create, because the OL isn't creating shit.

            So we'll get to see......if Patty comes back stubborn like previous coaches demands on doing things the same way, hoping to just get over the hump. He'll fail and we'll have new staff in '21.

            But if he looks at his D and says....'this part (pass rush) was a total failure..we need to do something different" then maybe it works out.
            From every indication available to us it appears Quintricia is as stubborn and married to his beliefs as any other coach we've ever had.

            And there's the rub. It's his stern "belief" that this D will work. The fact that they have led in every game will also galvanize Quintricia's belief.

            Unlike Martha and everyone in her F.O and coaches room, I don't need an over abundance of evidence to know this isn't going to work.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jeffree2Bme View Post

              I see the same thing. All we need to do is get over the hump. We did that @ GB but well... we know that story. After that we lost Slay for what? 3 games? Then Melvin, never mind K. Johnson and Stafford. Still we competed, but just couldn't "get over the hump".

              Look, we started the season w/o "Snacks", Hand, Flowers and Davis... and still were this close to 5-0, going into the bye.

              I'm like really? yes we weren't rushing the QB, but there's no way an o-line can maintain proper blocking for 3.5+ seconds. If i had the computer skills most of you have, i could show y'all PLENTY of holding , hands to the face, "chop" blocks, and illegal shifts/formation that weren't called. Always seems we're under the magnifying glass and the other teams get all the breaks.You can't tell me i'm looking through "rose-colored glasses". I see it all perfectly clear.
              We were closer to going 0-5 than we were 5-0.

              Comment


              • Matthew Stafford: Back injury is healing

                Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2019, 8:09 PM EST

                Getty Images

                Lions quarterback Matthew Staffordas it shouldDetroit Free Press
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

                  From every indication available to us it appears Quintricia is as stubborn and married to his beliefs as any other coach we've ever had.

                  And there's the rub. It's his stern "belief" that this D will work. The fact that they have led in every game will also galvanize Quintricia's belief.

                  Unlike Martha and everyone in her F.O and coaches room, I don't need an over abundance of evidence to know this isn't going to work.
                  I don't disagree with most of this but.....

                  When you say every indication available to us it appears Quintricia is as stubborn and married to [their] beliefs.......you're basing this on historical Lions' coaching. And I get it....ground hog's day

                  But I have to believe these guys are smart enough to realize that allowing a QB make a campsite in backfield will always lead to a completion......they need to adjust and I think Patty is capable of doing so (whether he chooses to do it is another thing).

                  Comment


                  • How many games/seasons/decades do you think it will take these 'smart guys' to figure out that their scheme is shit?
                    Lions Fans.

                    Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

                    Comment


                    • His last game as a Patriot DC was a testament to the stubbornness.

                      There is absolutely nothing to look at the Lions with Patricia and see any improvement defensively, sure he might change his philosophy but as a head coach he has been abysmal. Expecting any improvement is blind faith. he has had almost two years and while it seems like his players like playing for him he can't get results. They keep on peddling this malarkey that they are close when they clearly aren't close. Last season you could argue they were close in the second half of the season. They would give up one long drive or give up a big play but by they were playing good for the most part. There hasn't been any of that this year. Even the success in the beginning was mainly the multiple turnovers, it certainly wasn't stout defense.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        How many games/seasons/decades do you think it will take these 'smart guys' to figure out that their scheme is shit?
                        Heh, there was game earlier this season when they still in the playoff hunt where they needed a stop in the second half on 3rd and 5. They dropped 7 or 8 into coverage. It goes without saying the team picked up the first down. I don't even remember who it was against because they do it so often. That is stubbornness that doesn't go away.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

                          I don't disagree with most of this but.....

                          When you say every indication available to us it appears Quintricia is as stubborn and married to [their] beliefs.......you're basing this on historical Lions' coaching. And I get it....ground hog's day

                          But I have to believe these guys are smart enough to realize that allowing a QB make a campsite in backfield will always lead to a completion......they need to adjust and I think Patty is capable of doing so (whether he chooses to do it is another thing).
                          I base it upon MP continuing to insist that they are continuing to improve there. No mention of tweeking or changing. Watch their play also shows in that there doesn't seem to be any true change in the approach they are using.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            His last game as a Patriot DC was a testament to the stubbornness.

                            There is absolutely nothing to look at the Lions with Patricia and see any improvement defensively, sure he might change his philosophy but as a head coach he has been abysmal. Expecting any improvement is blind faith. he has had almost two years and while it seems like his players like playing for him he can't get results. They keep on peddling this malarkey that they are close when they clearly aren't close. Last season you could argue they were close in the second half of the season. They would give up one long drive or give up a big play but by they were playing good for the most part. There hasn't been any of that this year. Even the success in the beginning was mainly the multiple turnovers, it certainly wasn't stout defense.
                            Quinn is complicit in this too. Future and I have both pointed out his aversion to acquire any kind of pass rush talent over the years. Flowers is the only name talent, and he was not net new but a replacement. So my suspicion is that Quinn and Patricia are like minded in this approach. It may be a weird application of the Patriot way ... to avoid paying a premium for talent that is in high demand across the league.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

                              I base it upon MP continuing to insist that they are continuing to improve there. No mention of tweeking or changing. Watch their play also shows in that there doesn't seem to be any true change in the approach they are using.
                              Well.....Patty is know for being super verbose during press conferences.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post

                                Quinn is complicit in this too. Future and I have both pointed out his aversion to acquire any kind of pass rush talent over the years. Flowers is the only name talent, and he was not net new but a replacement. So my suspicion is that Quinn and Patricia are like minded in this approach. It may be a weird application of the Patriot way ... to avoid paying a premium for talent that is in high demand across the league.
                                I mean at this point it probably doesn't matter if one or the other is more responsible. Get them out before they do more damage.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X