Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    Slay has been my AAL for the past three seasons. I fear he has deep discontent and it does not matter if the Lions pony up or not he will be marking time unless they catch fire, then he will want to play under the lights.

Play out his contract and if the opportunity presents itself trade him for a box of half chewed gum, preferably to Cleveland or the Jets.
    I think he is trying to do like Snacks did and just steal whatever money he can get.

Comment

• The roster will only get worse each season under Quintricia.

Sorry, but this is a clown show. And has been for a couple years.
      Last edited by dpatnod; February 11th, 2020, 12:10 AM.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• A little of both? But mainly scheme.

We've gotten to where the Lions' apologists go all in on the player when the fault really falls on the coaching and FO. It's probably 4-5 mil more a year. Less then what they through out the window for Jesse James. Money wouldn't be such an issue if they gave it to the guys they should.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Defensive?....I wouldn't really call it that.

But I don't judge everything that happens with the team through either: 1) my opinion of Patty (not football stuff...everything else). OR 2) through the lens of 50 years of futility.

Too many here just say: We had a terrible record last year...so EVERYTHING sucks. I don't see it this way.

And about Slay....he almost 30. And about not fitting into Patty's scheme.....patty scheme runs a pretty simple man-coverage scheme with his DBs. MAN-COVERAGE. And Slay hasn't played well. So the idea that Slay's performance is on Patty is laughable....it's man defense (perhaps Slay would like to be assigned an easier WR to cover).

So here's a guy who's making noise that he wants to be the highest-paid DB in the league....and he struggles in man-coverage. OK

Then you have a bunch of battered-fan syndrome types who now want to hang Slay's difficulties in man-coverage on Patricia....purely because they dislike the guy.

Comment

• Comment

• the reason that they're vulnerable on deep crosses is because the pass-rush isn't getting there. While I agree that that's on the staff (as in: find a fucking pass-rush).....Doesn't Slay want to be the highest paid CB in the league? . Deion/Revis would have been able to hold that coverage.

Slay is a very good CB....but he's not elite at this point (and I don't think he ever was)

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                  the reason that they're vulnerable on deep crosses is because the pass-rush isn't getting there. While I agree that that's on the staff (as in: find a fucking pass-rush).....Doesn't Slay want to be the highest paid CB in the league? . Deion/Revis would have been able to hold that coverage.

Slay is a very good CB....but he's not elite at this point (and I don't think he ever was)
                  The idea that he "never was" flies in the fact that for a three year stretch (as I recall 2015-2017) he had a stretch of elite play that was matched by Darrelle Revis and... well, that was it. While he probably is no longer that good, you can miss me with the bitter ass trash that he never was in the attempt to make yourself feel better that he's disillusioned by this garbage franchise.

Comment

• Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well

currently: Slay $12 + J James $6 = $$18 mil yr

W/O James and new contract Slay $15 mil/yr

See, not to say compound on a mistake. But, when you throw $6 -7 mil/yr at a player that has little to no impact on a game or your team, that is what makes it hard to retain your real talent. BQ floats from mediocre to bad in his player evals and he gets at least one more turn here. I do not trust him. This team is as good as it will be under him because while he's looking for choir boys, other GM's are just looking for really good players. Cowards come in last.

With all that being said I wouldn't mind if they gave him a contract worth $15 mil/yr. Every time someone like this comes up for a contract all the money misers come flying out their closets to tell us they could be spending the money better. ON WHO? We (myself included) don't put up a single bad feeling when they give some JAG too much money because the guy only makes $4 mil (or such). But if you got 3-5 players like that on your squad you've blown 12 - 15 mil. Where's the rage? Give him the extra 3-4 mil and be more conservative on the lower 30 on your team. Then when you have a guy who goes to Pro Bowls and is one of your best players, you can pay him.

Replace your worst players. Don't keep going in circles replacing your best players with players you wish could be as good as your best players.

Lastly, MS wasn't THE best at his position either. Now he's not in the top 5 in his position and dropping every year. Why? *When you answer that question you will come to the answer of why it is Slay's turn.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• OK which option is best with Slay then?

1) Trade for a couple of picks, probably no first
                            2) Let him play out next season then walk
                            3) Extend him several years then regret it when he hits 30-31 and loses a step

To me #1 is the best option..>Get what you can and move on from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                              OK which option is best with Slay then?

1) Trade for a couple of picks, probably no first
                              2) Let him play out next season then walk
                              3) Extend him several years then regret it when he hits 30-31 and loses a step

To me #1 is the best option..>Get what you can and move on from him.
                              3) Isn't really happening. What you would see is a "6-year" front loaded contract that effectively makes it a 2-year deal, so that when he clearly and definitively loses a step he can be cut with little pain.

Your team never gets better when you eject your best players for picks. Then again, as far as I can tell, Detroit fans love "potential" more than results.

Comment

• I've just never seen him as a difference maker Chemi...More talk than anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X