Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Bernie Smilovitz is teasing some Stafford trade rumors that he says have been going on for awhile. He didn't say the team yet.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well his report was pretty vague, sources close to the Lions and Stafford say there have been trade talks for a couple weeks. He didn't name the team if he knew, but he mentioned that Kelly Stafford said on Instagram if he was going to get traded she'd like LA.

Comment

Well his report was pretty vague, sources close to the Lions and Stafford say there have been trade talks for a couple weeks. He didn't name the team if he knew, but he mentioned that Kelly Stafford said on Instagram if he was going to get traded she'd like LA.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well maybe not, but the important point is one of the sources was from Stafford's camp. We aren't following some Machiavellian team that has the skill to pull off such a smokescreen. People laugh when I mention Smilovitz, he is not normally a breaking news guy but when he does go with something it usually has some merit.

The point about the salary cap hit is only a point for one season. There is also a point to be made that perhaps the rumblings about Stafford not liking Patricia have some merit.

Comment

• Comment

• AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Comment

• I don't see a Statford trade in the works. In the simplest terms. Statford makes bank for the lions. His swag sells, he puts butts in the seats and sells pickups.

What more would the Fords want?
                  Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

People laugh when I mention Smilovitz, he is not normally a breaking news guy but when he does go with something it usually has some merit.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Fords don't meddle until they do, this is something they would meddle on. Also something to think about, when they sat Stafford it was fishy. He didn't want it and they bizarrely kept him on the roster even thought they weren't going to play him out of respect.

Comment

• Comment

• Bob Quinn calls Matthew Stafford trade talk report false

Posted by Josh Alper on February 13, 2020, 7:01 AM EST

Getty Images

A report surfaced on Thursday morning that the Lions have been talking to teams about a trade of quarterback Matthew StaffordBob Quinnin a text message to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Lions, Matthew Stafford likely became pawns in the looming quarterback chaos

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2020, 9:57 AM EST

Getty Images

Chaos is coming when it comes to NFL quarterbacks. In some ways, chaos already has begun.
                              The out-of-the-Honolulu-Blue report from WDIV-TV in Detroit that the Lions are engaged in trade talks regarding quarterback Matthew Stafford likely comes from the pre-pre-pre-free agency efforts of agents who represent other quarterbacks to line up deals for their own clients by scaring away other agents who represent other quarterbacks from potential landing spots.
                              By, for example, spreading the word that a team like the Chargers or Colts or Buccaneers will be trading for Stafford, the agent can then (in theory) work on getting a deal done for his or her own client with one of those teams while other agents may steer clear.
                              It goes like this: Agent John Doe wants to
                              get his client Joe Turdball (a potential future Hall of Famer, as discussed in a recent edition of PFT LiveTom Brady
                              Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; February 13th, 2020, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• I think it would be incredibly foolish to trust Quinn's denial.

Comment

Working...
                                X