This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    They have over 50 million in Cap space right now Jad.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• IF you go that route you might as well get rid of everybody with any value. Are fans, Martha going to patient to wait until 2023 to start "competing"?
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Stafford's cap number is like 31M next year.....wouldn't really have to dip into the FA money that much. He's already on the books for it

Comment

• If they tank they are giving Quinn and Patricia possibly 2 or 3 more years. A trade would mean Martha, Rod and Sheila fully buy into what Quinn and Patricia are selling. These trade rumors indicate they believe in these two even more than WCF believed in Millen.

Comment

• Truth is, there is no sense in trading Stafford before the season starts unless Jerry Jones is willing to give up a 1 this year, a 1 next year and any pick off the practice squad the Lions want. Cap hit for a trade this year does not make sense. It requires Stafford to perform or get cut.

The question is: Is he still physically capable of performing? Two seasons with a back injury suggest probably not.
              So, (are you here, Wee Marko?) this means he has to play or retire.

He has a lot on his plate on the home front and is financially secure. Lions are not going to the Superbowl, let alone the playoffs so his best move is to smile, keep working, and the job is his until he proves he is a liability.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                We can keep Stafford this year and let Tua redshirt. Then move on from Stafford next offseason. I agree the dead money this year ($32 million) is too much to overcome.

Hell,Stafford most likely gets hurt this year anyways, so Tua could get some late season run.
                I agree with this. Pick either Chase or Tua
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• He was healthy enough to play this year when they pulled the chute on the season. The last practice before the Lions sat him he was throwing 60 yard lasers in practice. His injury was far more minor that TT's career threatening injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

I agree with this. Pick either Chase or Tua
                    Tua cannot be the pick. It makes no sense. Don't get me wrong, I like Tua a bit but his injury history at his age is scary as hell. We aren't the type of team that can overcome that. The O line in my lifetime hasn't proven it can consistently keep a QB upright. Tua needs a better team than Detroit to be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      A lot of the new guys come in hear and complain about the haters of the team. Jeffy being the latest, what he doesn't understand is the optimists leave because they can't stomach the suffering. The ones that are left are the ones with high tolerance for bad football.
                      I've been on this forum for 25 years, and that's the best description of our community I've ever read. Cheers Froot!

Comment

• It has taken me decades to figure it out ULF!

Comment

• And I see talk here about a 2-3 year plan with tanking and all. If your Martha, you probably don't have a 2-3 year plan.

Comment

• Hell, I'm here for the comedy of errors at this point. I really only get frustrated with the clowns in the media and fanbase that continue to carry these imbeciles' water.

Comment

• If it makes any difference Martha is in much better shape than the husband was.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
                                And I see talk here about a 2-3 year plan with tanking and all. If your Martha, you probably don't have a 2-3 year plan.
                                Martha is like my 95 year old mother-in-law. She owns a house by the beach in Georgia. It has a yard full of azaleas. We can't trim the fuckers because she thinks that every year is the last year she will ever see them. She has thought this for 15 years. The yard will not look better until she is gone

In Columbus, of course, the fanbase holds the University accountable for doing the wrong thing. -Talent, Esq-

Comment

Working...
                                X