No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't just rule out Tua as an option. That dude is an elite prospect. I fell off the Stafford bandwagon two years ago. He needed to carry us and he didn't. Zero playoff wins. These are facts.

If the medicals check out (waiting game) then you have to consider him. He's a friggin QB. All he's ever done is ball the fuck out. If the hip checks out, I take him and let him redshirt.

You can't just ignore him because of the middling Stafford. KC had a QB and took Mahomes and won the SB three years later. Talent is talent. Period.

Comment

• Our situation is nuts, though. #3 is the sweet spot. Tua? Okudah? Simmons? Does Young drop? Do we trade?

The next two months is our actual "season" in terms of excitement. At least we don't have to watch a shitshow every week.......well, until September.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
        You can't just rule out Tua as an option. That dude is an elite prospect. I fell off the Stafford bandwagon two years ago. He needed to carry us and he didn't. Zero playoff wins. These are facts.

If the medicals check out (waiting game) then you have to consider him. He's a friggin QB. All he's ever done is ball the fuck out. If the hip checks out, I take him and let him redshirt.

You can't just ignore him because of the middling Stafford. KC had a QB and took Mahomes and won the SB three years later. Talent is talent. Period.
        I am coming round a little bit to drafting Tua and having him redshirt for a year. My main belief is that the defense is where the need is and Stafford was playing really, really well last season.

Imagine if the Lions had had Stafford, Calvin and Suh under rookie contracts not the expensive ones that they used to be. They might have been able to build a team around them.

Comment

• Imagine of the cap didn't get cut in the last CBA that's what screwed everything up.

Comment

• I see the drafting of tua as giving up the next couple of years, maybe 4 years. Tua will require an entire new OL, you don't completely rebuild an OL in a season. IMO, none of the current OL will work. They're slow, horrible run/pass blocking (bottom half of the league in both). It also end any hope of a good (good, not great) defense for a couple of years. So we'll have a shiny new toy on a 3-13 or 4-12 team until 2022 or 2023.

The new look lions. No run game, horrible defense, only a passing game. Wait, isn't that what we have now?
            Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• It's good to dream. Keeps hope alive.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

I am coming round a little bit to drafting Tua and having him redshirt for a year. My main belief is that the defense is where the need is and Stafford was playing really, really well last season.

Imagine if the Lions had had Stafford, Calvin and Suh under rookie contracts not the expensive ones that they used to be. They might have been able to build a team around them.
                True but would've had to cut half of it 4 years in
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Where did report of Matthew Stafford trade talks come from?

Posted by Mike Florio on February 13, 2020, 12:08 PM EST

Getty Images

Bernie Smilovitz of WDIV-TV in Detroit rocked the football-following world with his report that the Lions have been engaged in trade talks involving quarterback Matthew Stafford. So where did this one come from?

Earlier, we shared the theory regarding efforts by agents to exploit the looming quarterback chaos by floating the phony notion that the Lions are looking to trade Stafford. But the report from Smilovitz was clear: He cited not a league source generally but he specifically mentioned unnamed sources close to both Stafford and the Lions in support of the report.

Making the report even more intriguing is the fact that the story quietly has been revised to omit the reference to sources close to Stafford. (The tweet posted by the station shows the original language of the story.) Currently, the story cites only sources close to the Lions.

Making the report even more intriguing is the fact that the Lions don’t know Smilovitz. Per multiple sources, G.M. Bob Quinn and coach Matt Patricia don’t know Smilovitz at all. Likewise, he’s not a regular at team press conferences or locker-room availability. Also, he didn’t seek comment from the Lions before publishing the story.

Quinn has said that the report is “100% false!!” And while no team that is thinking about trading a player can do anything that deny such considerations, this time it’s the truth. Beyond the $32 million in dead money that would be triggered by trading Stafford, the Lions want him. He’s a top-10 quarterback, and if the Lions are going to turn things around this year, they need Stafford.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's pretty likely some teams called the Lions about Stafford. Can that be classified as the Lions having been engaged in trade talks? Sure
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• No. It means someone inquired.

If I ask about someone's wife it don't mean we're having an affair.

Comment

• I don't see what your affair has to do with the Stafford trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I don't see what your affair has to do with the Stafford trade.
                          They're both fictional

Comment

• AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• That’s kinda plausible.

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post

I've been on this forum for 25 years, and that's the best description of our community I've ever read. Cheers Froot!
                                It was pretty spot on.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X