Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    No. It means someone inquired.

If I ask about someone's wife it don't mean we're having an affair.
    Do you think the Lions replied to the inquiring party? Anyways we're talking semantics ... just pointing out how meaningless the Smilovitz thing could be even if based on any reality
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Yes. No!
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• TY JOHNSONRB, DETROIT LIONS
        The Athletic's Chris Burke believes Ty Johnson "won't be guaranteed a roster spot" going into training camp.

Johnson never had more than a part-time role as a rookie despite Kerryon Johnson missing half the season to a knee injury. He'll enter training camp behind Kerryon, Bo Scarbrough, and potentially Wes Hills. Even if Johnson keeps his spot, his handcuff value is limited.

SOURCE: The Athletic
        Feb 15, 2020, 9:10 AM
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Hopefully Theo is back to reclaim the role.

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I’d rather draft the kid from Ohio and go into the year with Kerryon, ohio kid and Bo. That would be a pretty sick backfield
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Or Taylor from Wisconsin.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hope the Lions can get better compensation than Tatum Bell, George Foster, and a 5th RD pick if they trade away their 29 year old, 2 time Pro Bowl CB... again.

Last edited by Cody_Russell; February 17th, 2020, 02:41 PM.
                  AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    I’d rather draft the kid from Ohio and go into the year with Kerryon, ohio kid and Bo. That would be a pretty sick backfield
                    Yeah. Loops is just jabbing me because I don't share his man love for ol' Theo. It was funny though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                      Hope the Lions can get better compensation than Tatum Bell, George Foster, and a 5th RD pick if they trade away their 29 year old, 2 time Pro Bowl CB.

So we're in the "Create more holes" portion of the off season? Then they will draft to fill those holes and hope to goodness that those players are as good. Hint: they won't be.

AND we don't get the team better. Just treading water. FFS. They gave Ziggy what $16 mil to sit in the dam hot tub. I'm beginning to absolutely hate BQ.

Comment

• Lions mailbag: Free-agent bargains, trade-down scenarios

With the scouting combine a week a way and free agency just around the corner, it's time for another Detroit Lions mailbag.

► Question. Have you been able to think of a list of possible "second-tier" free agents the Lions might sign, defensive line and cornerback in particular? — @SFHCommish_1
                        Chicago Bears defensive end Aaron Lynch had a pair of sacks last season. (Photo: Matt Rourke, Associated Press)
                        ► Answer. I haven't put much work into it, to this point, with my focus on the Senior Bowl and the combine to start the offseason. My opinion here will be based on a cursory glance on pending free agents.

Starting with defensive end, the group is top-heavy and each of those options will carry a significant price tag. If you're looking for a bargain, Aaron Lynch could be an option. He'll turn 27 this offseason, has a good build and a history of production, but is coming off a down year, despite a healthy pass-rush pressure rate. He was much better for the Bears the previous season, playing under Vic Fangio.

ADVERTISING

Another edge player in his prime who could have some untapped potential is Ronald Blair, who played 200 snaps in the 49ers' rotation last year.

On the interior of the defensive line, I'm curious about Andrew Billings. You may remember him from his unexpected slide to the fourth round of the 2016 draft. He's a solid run defender and isn't a total waste on pass-rushing downs.

I'd also be interested to see the price tag on Shelby Harris after his breakout season in Denver. He recorded six sacks, part of 28 total pressures, and continued to be an above-average run defender.

Finally, at cornerback, former first-round pick Kevin Johnson quietly played well for Buffalo last season. He can play both in the slot and outside, but he's not going to get his hands on many passes.

If you're looking for a deeper cut, Maurice Canady has some potential as a depth addition. He's got a 6-foot-2 frame and played well for the Jets down the stretch after spending his first three-plus seasons as a reserve with the Ravens.
                        I have absolutely no interest in any of that. And neither should the Lions.

If Quintricia think that adding a bunch of Jags is going to propel this team, the best that will come of it is them being fired. This team has enough glue. They need star power (not the kind that is flashy but really good).

IF you trade your best defensive player because he wants $5 mil/yr more (that you would have if you hadn't gave over $6 mil/yr to a seldom used, terrible blocking TE... I digress) you should have enough to get a real difference maker on the DL. I want to see Chris Jones or Armstead in a Lions jersey.

The last thing we should be saying in June is how boring this off season was. IDK if Quinn can handle the high stakes of getting a team from mediocrity to a top team AND drafting this high. It's all right there.

Lastly, IF somehow BQ comes away from this off season with a haul of : resigned - Slay/KG and sign C Jones or Armstead. Then draft like Simmons, Arnette/Hall/Johnson/Terrell (all starting level CBs) and then Uche/Anae/Lewis. They could also nab a G like Bredeson/Onwenu at the top of the fourth - it may question if this all was some sort of ruse to get in this position. Nah

Comment

• 0-16 Baby!
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Slay is almost certainly not going to live up to his next contract. It's a tough decision and depends what they can get
                            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Urgh. Trading Slay would be so stupid. Get better by losing your best players. Smart.

Comment

• Well, he is pushing 30 and wants the biggest CB deal ever. He’s not going to get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X