Lions News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    The Lions really don't believe in must win seasons, they may pay lip service to it but that is the extent of it. They always want to stick it to the media and fans that they are the smartest guys in the room.
    And that we have no say in what ever they want to do with their toy. They would go out their way to show that when WCF was living.

All the marching, brown bags, etc... does is embarrass themselves.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Just once I would like to see a Lion franchise show that they know what they are doing. Every other team I follow has had periods where they knew what they were doing. It doesn't even have to end in a championship, my Spartans didn't win a national championship but for a good 7 years Mark Dantonio ran a sharp program. The Tigers under Dombrowski fell short but he ran the major league operation well.

With Lions we have the 90s and it never appeared at the time that they were a tightly run ship. They had bouts of competence but compared to the last 20 years they were giants.

Comment

• Me too. As mind numbing Mayhew and Caldwell could be, that was the closest we have been in this millennium.

Slay, for one, was got a ton of picks under Caldwell and as soon as FMP showed up all the DBs stats went into the crapper. Coincidence? No,
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Report: Lions have spoken to ‘multiple teams’ about Darius Slay trade

"Whatever it needs to be,” Slay said. “If they give me the contract, I’ll be blessed and fortunate enough for it. Like I say, I always wanted to retire as a Detroit Lion. But if it don’t happen, it’s cool. I’ll be all right. Like I said, if I don’t, somebody will be getting a great player.”
          Nah. We don't want someone like that.

Comment

• If Slay, and what he's asking for, is so bad, why would other teams be lining up to not only pay him, but to give up draft capitol?

Comment

• https://raisingzona.com/2020/02/18/d...cardinals-red/

Comment

• Salary rankings for cornerbacks.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings...it/cornerback/

Look at the current guys getting paid more than Slay. I'll gladly pay him 15M instead of having Bouye, Trufant, Trumaine Johnson, Peters, Malcolm Butler...

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                  If Slay, and what he's asking for, is so bad, why would other teams be lining up to not only pay him, but to give up draft capitol?
                  They're closer to winning it all I guess. The Lions want to compete ... but have to know they're a bit away. By then he's declining
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Trading Slay would be stupid. At best we are looking at a 2nd round pick and we'd be lucky to get that. Even at the best case scenario of a 2nd round pick we'd be losing a pro bowl caliber shut down corner who actually fits our scheme. Furthermore it would also cause another huge hit to morale. Lastly it would show the rest of the league once again that the Lions don't take care of their players.

Since trading Slay would be incredibly stupid it is an almost certainty that it would happen.

But there is a good side to everything. It would almost certainly doom the season. And another really bad season means there is a 10% chance Quinn and Patricia get fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustInCredible View Post
                      Salary rankings for cornerbacks.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings...it/cornerback/

Look at the current guys getting paid more than Slay. I'll gladly pay him 15M instead of having Bouye, Trufant, Trumaine Johnson, Peters, Malcolm Butler...
                      Sooooooooo, by this Slay's cap hit is $13.8? He wants $15-$16. Oh my GOODNESS! We can't pay him an extra $1.5-$2 mil. trade him now! I know it's not PC, but that's retarded.

Originally posted by Forsh View Post

They're closer to winning it all I guess. The Lions want to compete ... but have to know they're a bit away. By then he's declining
                      They're closer to knowing wtf they're doing. They're not operating their team like a fraternity of choir boys. EVERY team is close to winning. It doesn't take years. It's 2020, with trades, FA and the draft; you can turn it around quickly if you know wtf you're doing and have a vision and how you can accomplish that vision.

They've sold you on a falacy. The CBA doesn't allow teams to slow burn through 5 years of building. After 3-4 years you're just replacing the guys you lose. It is not that difficult to understand.

Comment

• His talent doesn't matter. Slay won't kiss Fatty's stupid ass. And ya know, he's a defensive rocket surgeon FFS!
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Sooooooooo, by this Slay's cap hit is $13.8? He wants $15-$16. Oh my GOODNESS! We can't pay him an extra $1.5-$2 mil. trade him now! I know it's not PC, but that's retarded.

They're closer to knowing wtf they're doing. They're not operating their team like a fraternity of choir boys. EVERY team is close to winning. It doesn't take years. It's 2020, with trades, FA and the draft; you can turn it around quickly if you know wtf you're doing and have a vision and how you can accomplish that vision.

They've sold you on a falacy. The CBA doesn't allow teams to slow burn through 5 years of building. After 3-4 years you're just replacing the guys you lose. It is not that difficult to understand.
                          Just saying a team who right right there might want a guy like Slay extended at his age more than the Lions

Comment

• Do an extension, draft another corner high in the draft and if that guy hits, trade Slay in a couple of years. Trading him now, with this little in place behind him, is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColoradoLion View Post
                              Do an extension, draft another corner high in the draft and if that guy hits, trade Slay in a couple of years. Trading him now, with this little in place behind him, is crazy.
                              That's probably what I would do ... but if they think he's declining and can get something I get it

Comment

• Sign him for $16,000,000, for 2 years (all of it guaranteed). If he wants more, let him go. Someone may offer more, but not with the guaranteed money. Solidify the best player in the market and go from there.

Slay, Simmons, Henderson or Hall, good catch. Not all that hot on Oche, but a lot of the processors pushing him up the board. I pass on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X