Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by froot loops View Post

    Timing is of no consequence if.the replacement is Matt Patricia. In fact the earlier they get rid of Caldwell the worse off the franchise is. Patricia is as suited to be the head coach as Rod Marinelli was.
    Well a bit more than that
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by froot loops View Post

      Timing is of no consequence if.the replacement is Matt Patricia. In fact the earlier they get rid of Caldwell the worse off the franchise is. Patricia is as suited to be the head coach as Rod Marinelli was.
      What I'm saying is if they'd have hired Patricia from of off he'd already be gone with this level of performance - lest the Lions front office doesn't give a shit - which then the whole point becomes moot anyway.

      Outside looking in: I hire a HC and he doesn't have his QB for most of year 2, do I give him year 3? Most would say sure, he never had a fair shot to begin with.

      Comment


      • This organization employed Matt Millen for 8 years.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BJK View Post

          Bummer. Wonder if he is going to retire?
          Possibly.
          Free agency starts in a couple weeks. Snacks looming retirement decision handcuffed Quinn. Now that the Lions are going to move on, at least we know interior DLine is a huge hole.
          It’s too bad. Wish things worked out with Snacks... 2019 was a disappointing season for him.

          Lions interior DLine signed in 2020 are:
          - Da’Shawn Hand ... injury prone.
          - Kevin Strong ... showed some upside, but you’ll want him as a backup rotational guy heading into 2020.
          - John Atkins ... meh.
          - Olive Sagapolu ... irrelevant.

          This is arguably the weakest or most unreliable unit on the team ... as TE was 12 months ago.

          Barring major overhaul in March, adding a Derrick Brown sounds so nice right now.
          AAL 2018 - Teez Tabor

          Comment


          • Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            This organization employed Matt Millen for 8 years.
            Like I said, if it is an organizational problem the whole point is moot anyway.
            If Stafford was smart he'd leave while he is still young (in QB terms). He can actually rebuild his career.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

              Possibly.
              Free agency starts in a couple weeks. Snacks looming retirement decision handcuffed Quinn. Now that the Lions are going to move on, at least we know interior DLine is a huge hole.
              It’s too bad. Wish things worked out with Snacks... 2019 was a disappointing season for him.

              Lions interior DLine signed in 2020 are:
              - Da’Shawn Hand ... injury prone.
              - Kevin Strong ... showed some upside, but you’ll want him as a backup rotational guy heading into 2020.
              - John Atkins ... meh.
              - Olive Sagapolu ... irrelevant.

              This is arguably the weakest or most unreliable unit on the team ... as TE was 12 months ago.

              Barring major overhaul in March, adding a Derrick Brown sounds so nice right now.
              Brown just doesn't get to the QB anywhere near enough to consider taking with a high 1st rd pick. You pay for sacks in this league, not run stuffers.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

                Brown just doesn't get to the QB anywhere near enough to consider taking with a high 1st rd pick. You pay for sacks in this league, not run stuffers.
                True indeed ... you've got a point
                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

                Comment


                • I like Derrick Brown a lot, but would prefer to see them solve their DT need in FA.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

                    Possibly.
                    Free agency starts in a couple weeks. Snacks looming retirement decision handcuffed Quinn. Now that the Lions are going to move on, at least we know interior DLine is a huge hole.
                    It’s too bad. Wish things worked out with Snacks... 2019 was a disappointing season for him.

                    Lions interior DLine signed in 2020 are:
                    - Da’Shawn Hand ... injury prone.
                    - Kevin Strong ... showed some upside, but you’ll want him as a backup rotational guy heading into 2020.
                    - John Atkins ... meh.
                    - Olive Sagapolu ... irrelevant.

                    This is arguably the weakest or most unreliable unit on the team ... as TE was 12 months ago.

                    Barring major overhaul in March, adding a Derrick Brown sounds so nice right now.
                    Snacks might not retire. I bet he's a "dressing room leader" who has sounded off about Patricia's system, like Slay and Diggs.

                    What a joke that man is. Next season is going to be a horror show.

                    Comment


                    • Let's lose some weight. No more snacks.
                      Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

                      Comment


                      • One of the few things that Quinn appeared to do right turned out to be a waste. They got.real production out of him after trading for him in a lost season. But he was a distraction all off-season and cost them money. Instead of being a building block ifs yet another hole. It sounds like he is playing in 2020 and knowing the Lions he will probably have a bounce back season.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

                          Snacks might not retire. I bet he's a "dressing room leader" who has sounded off about Patricia's system, like Slay and Diggs.

                          What a joke that man is. Next season is going to be a horror show.
                          He was brought in because he was a guy who allegedly bought into the program they were selling. He proceeded to hold out for more money and then turned up out of shape.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

                            Possibly.
                            Free agency starts in a couple weeks. Snacks looming retirement decision handcuffed Quinn. Now that the Lions are going to move on, at least we know interior DLine is a huge hole.
                            It’s too bad. Wish things worked out with Snacks... 2019 was a disappointing season for him.

                            Lions interior DLine signed in 2020 are:
                            - Da’Shawn Hand ... injury prone.
                            - Kevin Strong ... showed some upside, but you’ll want him as a backup rotational guy heading into 2020.
                            - John Atkins ... meh.
                            - Olive Sagapolu ... irrelevant.

                            This is arguably the weakest or most unreliable unit on the team ... as TE was 12 months ago.

                            Barring major overhaul in March, adding a Derrick Brown sounds so nice right now.
                            If so, they need to trade back at least twice.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

                            Comment


                            • Lions to release DT Damon Harrison six months after contract extension

                              Damon Harrison was a force for the Detroit Lions late in the 2018 season but struggled with injuries in 2019 and had even considered...
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

                              Comment


                              • I fully expect them to put too many resources in the DT position. We've seen this play out last year with the TE position. They will no doubt be drafting Derrick Brown. Whether it is at #3 or after a trade down. BQ is so vanilla if you just sit back and say, "what is the obvious thing to do at their biggest need." Yup that's what they'll do.

                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X