No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am surprised Quintricia didn't sign this guy.

Browns, DE Adrian Clayborn Agree To Deal

March 31st, 2020 at 5:26pm CST by Sam Robinson

The Browns continue to add role players to their defense. They have agreed to terms with veteran defensive end Adrian Clayborn, Field Yates of ESPN.com tweets.

The parties reached an agreement on a two-year, $6MM deal, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweetsMyles Garrett and Olivier Vernon.

New Browns GM Andrew BerryAndrew Sendejo, Karl Joseph, Kevin Johnson, B.J. Goodson and Andrew BillingsTyron Smith
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Projected starters in 2020

Uh, no. Hand, although he can play there at times, is not a full time DE. He is better when he's matched up with IOL. This illustrates the need for a edge. Or a coverage LB. Collins can't play both. Unless they're going to put Davis or Tavai there. Simmons would be great in you could alternate between he, Collins and Davis on blitzes. Not having Simmons you almost have to keep Collins in coverage or QBs will continue to burn them. He's the only guy they have that can adequately cover most TEs.

2 LBs?
      Last edited by Futureshock; April 1st, 2020, 11:25 AM.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Report: Detroit Lions awarded No. 1 pick in 2021 NFL Draft

https://detroitsportsnation.com/repo...nqlt9G__WCQ0Xw

Dog's must rule because the Lions suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
          Report: Detroit Lions awarded No. 1 pick in 2021 NFL Draft

Last edited by BJK; April 1st, 2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            Projected starters in 2020

Uh, no. Hand, although he can play there at times, is not a full time DE. He is better when he's matched up with IOL. This illustrates the need for a edge. Or a coverage LB. Collins can't play both. Unless they're going to put Davis or Tavai there. Simmons would be great in you could alternate between he, Collins and Davis on blitzes. Not having Simmons you almost have to keep Collins in coverage or QBs will continue to burn them. He's the only guy they have that can adequately cover most TEs.

2 LBs?

Comment

• Yeah. That's a whole lot of slooooooooooooooooow

Comment

• One of the most frustrating things to see last year was a QB having a ton of time and then scrambling outside with Flowers trying to chase but looking like he was running in 2' of mud. In almost every phase this team needs better speed.

Comment

One of the most frustrating things to see last year was a QB having a ton of time and then scrambling outside with Flowers trying to chase but looking like he was running in 2' of mud. In almost every phase this team needs better speed.
                  Patricia seems to favor size over speed...I guess because he is fat he likes fat guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post

Patricia seems to favor size over speed...I guess because he is fat he likes fat guys.
                    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/04/...-philosophies/

Although that is only offense he never says for any position that he looks for speed. Although I can't say I agree, he has the rings. I just have saw too many times where lack of speed has hurt this team.

Frail guy without good quickness is dead.
                    Last edited by Futureshock; April 1st, 2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Bob Quinn's copy must have got cut off at the top:

ORGANIZATION MUST BE AGGRESSIVE ON ALL FRONTS

Comment

• This organization under Quinn has been passive in most fronts.

Comment

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/04/...-philosophies/

Although that is only offense he never says for any position that he looks for speed. Although I can't say I agree, he has the rings. I just have saw too many times where lack of speed has hurt this team.
                          Remember this is only about offense. Speed is much more important on defense IMO
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                            Report: Detroit Lions awarded No. 1 pick in 2021 NFL Draft

I'm certain they can earn it on their own. Quintricia and the girls don't need no stinkin charity!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

Remember this is only about offense. Speed is much more important on defense IMO
                              Quintricia's comments are always about "Big and Physical" guys. I can not remember either talking about speed. As a ,matter of fact, they had MP miked up Senior Bowl week and he was overheard telling a player to play with power. "No one is successful going with speed." You can't assume anything with this lot.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X