No announcement yet.

Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can in some cases negate speed with physical play, a good game plan and everybody being on the same page. Disciplined run defenses can bottle up speed before it gets going, a pocket collapsing pass rush can keep a passing attack on it's heels. But you also still need really good players that are going to win one-on-one match ups. You can't be predictable. And you actually need to make some game changing plays on defense and get off the field on 3rd down. And even then, all it can take is a play or two for all of that effort to go away (see the Super Bowl).

Patricia's defense seems very much designed to not fuck up and give up big plays, but it's terrible at pressuring other teams into making mistakes. He certainly does not offer any sort of tactical advantage that makes less talented players more than the sum of their parts like NE often did. Maybe if they get that infusion of one or two playmakers, they can turn it around. But it's almost like this he wants a bunch of no-names that he can mold an prove how smart he is.

Comment

• Like all old Patriot coaches he is getting high on his old supply. The Patriots like to flatter themselves that they are getting results with no-name players but in reality they have always had studs on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/29/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-dynasty-defense

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Its stupid to do the same exact shit. Quinn's drafts have been terrible and Patricia is riding BB schemes.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I find it more than a little ironic that that article was written the week before the Eagles hung 41 points on Patricia's defense in the SB.

Patricia was the first coach to be Lionized before even coaching the team.

Comment

• Just the thought of being the Lions head coach can Lionize someone now.......

Comment

• Posted by Michael David Smith on April 4, 2020, 11:47 AM EDT

Getty Images

Julian EdelmanDetroit Newshas been signed by the Detroit LionsI saw a tweet
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• New Orleans Saints v Atlanta Falcons Film breakdown: Can Trufant be the CB the Lions desperately need?

By Mansur Shaheen

Comment

• If the plan is to ask Trufant to do what Slay did, fans are going to learn VERY quickly how good Slay really was, even at his age.

So of course that is what Patricia is going to try.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      If the plan is to ask Trufant to do what Slay did, fans are going to learn VERY quickly how good Slay really was, even at his age.

So of course that is what Patricia is going to try.
                      Man. Chemi, did you watch some of those clips? Maybe he will be better, but, turning around backwards? Oh man.

Comment

• Trufant will now be forced to fill the shoes of an elite corner in Detroit and will have to be the one that turns around a defensive backfield that has been terrible in recent years. But does he have what it takes?

Detroit is a team that primarily plays man coverage, and that is where Trufant has been best is his career thus far. His greatest skill in man coverage is his excellent footwork and seamless movements. He does not waste a single step or movement and is always making sure his weight is shifted the right way.
                        Hmmmmmm. Forced to fill the shoes of an elite corner and supposed to turn around a defensive backfield that has been terrible in recent years?

He is just one guy. He can only be responsible for his position and should not be expected to make amends for the other players in the backfield that comes up short.

I like what I see about his style of play but the article also says he is a weak tackler which can be problematic.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Notes: Projection model predicts significant improvement for Lions in 2020

At least one analyst believes the Lions are lined up for a bounce-back season.

By Jeremy Reisman April 8

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                            Notes: Projection model predicts significant improvement for Lions in 2020

At least one analyst believes the Lions are lined up for a bounce-back season.

By Jeremy Reisman April 8
                            Only because of Stafford but the rest of the team is way worse
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm for Tua ... but you probably didn't make the best case for Tua by leading in with comments about injuries derailing QBs
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X