Forum News and Admin Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Yep, very same glitch. That was the exact time it was saying last post; 3:20pm. Sorted though, and to be honest, it was good to re-read the whining before getting the up to date whining!
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

When I complained again to the host, they found some IP addresses hitting the site thousands of times, causing the problem. Things seem pretty speedy now.
      Deb, did you ever look into cleantalk? I think it would automatically block these ip's, and it's only $8 per year.

It has saved me a billion problems on my sites.
      The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

Thanks, no I will take a look.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

Looks like cleantalk offers an anti-spambot service for vBulletin for $8 a year. I don't think we have a problem anymore with spambots, it's nefarious folks trying to hack into the server itself that we are dealing with.

I think most of the recent activity was related to the zero day exploit. That was some scary stuff.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

I see an issue right now where the most recent topics aren't showing as being updated, but if you go to them you'll see newer posts. If you see that too, sorry. I can't fix it until I get home from work later today.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to send private messages here. For some reason it's not allowing me to do that.

Comment

As a new member with one post, why do you need to send a PM? I believe it's disabled for new members to prevent spamming of existing members.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

I saw some familiar faces here, but I wasn't sure if it was them or not so I wanted to send a PM just to confirm if it was them or not.

Comment

Welcome! Were you from the 247 board? You might check the New Member thread at the top of the thread list, if so. A few from that board checked in there.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Hey, guys. I bought and installed a new little toy that shows who liked a post. Want to see how it works? Like this post and take a look. You can still click on the number of likes to see the complete list.

I may play around with how it displays, but for now, it looks like this:
                      Attached Files
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                        Hey, guys. I bought and installed a new little toy that shows who liked a post. Want to see how it works? Like this post and take a look. You can still click on the number of likes to see the complete list.

I may play around with how it displays, but for now, it looks like this:
                        Noticed it right away this morning. With one like, it shows that posters name without having to click on the # of likes to see who liked it. What happens with multiple likes?

Either way, thanks for all that you do for us, here.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I have it configured to show three of the folks who liked it. It will say something like "Bozo, Santa Claus, Captain Kangaroo and 5 others like this."

I *think* the users shown will be the most recent three who liked it.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Deborah......., Just for a wee laugh, you should set something up if people "unlike" posts.

Jaadam: Hey Future? Did you just UNLIKE my post?
                            Future: Yeah. Thought it made sense at first, but then thought, nah, pish!
                            Jaadam: I'm never liking anything you do again!
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                              I have it configured to show three of the folks who liked it. It will say something like "Bozo, Santa Claus, Captain Kangaroo and 5 others like this."

I *think* the users shown will be the most recent three who liked it.
                              I think we should edit Gonz's name to Bozo ????
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Nah.

Bozo is my go-to when driving. "Move over, Bozo!" I fear that is showing my age and then some...sigh.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X