Announcement

Collapse

Please update your bookmarks!!

If you use a bookmark as a way of getting to this site, please update it. The new link should include https:// before the rest of the URL. If you are having difficulty logging in, this is likely the cause.

Thanks and happy football season!
See more
See less

Money League 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut up Antonio. Don't you have to have Nazir make some Potato Sole Chips from the dropings off your feet or something?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'm looking to deal any of my WRs for running back help. Larry, Manny, Robby, OBJ and Davante are all available if the price is right.
      The Detroit Lions... where eleven men on the field is merely a suggestion.

Comment

• I sent you a proposal Frank. Feel free to accept or counter.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I would like to get in on this as well. Future which RB would you like to move?
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I feel for the Michael Thomas owner in this league. He dominated that game, but wound up with 12 points here. His owner got nothing for the 10 catches. I think I owned Thomas here last year and it drove me nuts not getting PPR points for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              I sent you a proposal Frank. Feel free to accept or counter.
              Frank gets Antonio Brown and Leonard Fournette
              Future gets OBJ and David Montgomery

I felt it was a very fair offer and went ahead and accepted it. I know I'm taking a huge risk by taking on AB, but I'm willing to take that risk to improve my team. I don't want to just make the playoffs, I want to win the whole thing. I thought about this offer a lot since it was offered, wondering if the squeeze was worth the juice. If AB thrives in New England then he is at the worst equal to OBJ, and likely an upgrade.

I really like David Montgomery and think he will be a great back for the next few years, but Fournette is getting all the volume in Jacksonville, and was someone I targeted often in Best Ball drafts I did this summer. I just wasn't in a position to grab him where I was drafting (yet another reason to go to auction vs snake. Snake limits you to where you're slotted, auction allows you to go after whom you covet).

I understand why Future offered this trade, it gives him some stability and upside in OBJ. Especially with AJ Green on his bench, he really couldn't afford to keep burning a second bench spot on a volatile player like AB. I hope this trade works out for both of us to make both of our teams better in the long run. Hoping AB doesn't blow up in my face.

Comment

• “yet another reason to go to auction vs snake. Snake limits you to where you're slotted, auction allows you to go after whom you covet.”

Yep. Chess vs. Checkers.

That’s a big deal. I was offered Kerryon/AB for David Johnson in a PPR league, but just couldn’t move a top 5 back for a guy like AB. Not worth it in my eyes, but I understand the gamble. Sometimes you roll 7/11.

Comment

• Not to mention the risk in Fournette. He ALWAYS has some lower body injury. He has bad feet/ankles. He’s just as much of a risk as AB is due to lesser character issues, but way more injury risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    I feel for the Michael Thomas owner in this league. He dominated that game, but wound up with 12 points here. His owner got nothing for the 10 catches. I think I owned Thomas here last year and it drove me nuts not getting PPR points for him.
                    PPR ... is stupid
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                      I feel for the Michael Thomas owner in this league. He dominated that game, but wound up with 12 points here. His owner got nothing for the 10 catches. I think I owned Thomas here last year and it drove me nuts not getting PPR points for him.
                      That's the thing about Thomas, he sees lots of targets outside the green zone but hardly any inside. The Saints like to get cute more than any other team down by the goal line. You need guys that score TDs for their team to pay off in value in non PPR, Thomas never has a chance to.

PPR isn't stupid, it's just a different scoring system, which is becoming the standard scoring system in mainstream fantasy football. When NFL Network and ESPN talk about fantasy points, they do so in a PPR format.

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post

Damn. I'm not sure what to think of this trade. Its a really fair trade but there's so many variables. The bones are Fournette for OBJ which I think they're both top 12 quality players by seasons end.

- AB could either get suspended or waived or blow the hell up in NE

- Montgomery is a rookie that hasn't proved anything. He could either be a stud or a terrible

- Fournette's injury history

- Maybe OBJ should have stayed in NY

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to week 1. I have a feeling one of you will regret it longterm for not waiting to see what happens but I have zero idea which side that is. Good trade.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• WF you got lucky Bernard was still there. I can't believe no one else picked him up with Mixon's injury. He's a solid play the next few weeks if Mixon is out.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FVD View Post

I felt it was a very fair offer and went ahead and accepted it. I know I'm taking a huge risk by taking on AB, but I'm willing to take that risk to improve my team. I don't want to just make the playoffs, I want to win the whole thing. I thought about this offer a lot since it was offered, wondering if the squeeze was worth the juice. If AB thrives in New England then he is at the worst equal to OBJ, and likely an upgrade.

I really like David Montgomery and think he will be a great back for the next few years, but Fournette is getting all the volume in Jacksonville, and was someone I targeted often in Best Ball drafts I did this summer. I just wasn't in a position to grab him where I was drafting (yet another reason to go to auction vs snake. Snake limits you to where you're slotted, auction allows you to go after whom you covet).

I understand why Future offered this trade, it gives him some stability and upside in OBJ. Especially with AJ Green on his bench, he really couldn't afford to keep burning a second bench spot on a volatile player like AB. I hope this trade works out for both of us to make both of our teams better in the long run. Hoping AB doesn't blow up in my face.
                            I thought it was. I TRY not offer lopsided offers. I usually screw myself. But I needed some certainty with my WR corps at this point. The whole drama going on with AB is not what I want to do this year. First year it was Elliot's suspension hanging over my team all year and it screwed me in the end. And then last year I had something similar. David Johnson playing in that horrible offense. J. McKinnon getting hurt right before the season, Shady McKoy turning into Ameer Abdullah. And that was my top 3 draft picks.

I already am waiting on Green to get healthy. It just wasn't sitting well to go into battle with A. Robinson as my #1 WR option. OBJ is an injury risk also. It seems like he gets hurt every year. And there's a lot of mouths to feed in CLE so it is a little bit of a gamble. I thought about Adams instead but that was a bit much to ask IMHO.

I think it's basically a swap of my #2 and #3 choices for his #2 and #3 (or 4, I haven't looked back at the draft to see). I thought the same Frank, Montgomery could blow up or may be what we saw in the first game. All in all I think it may be good for both of us.
                            Last edited by Futureshock; September 12th, 2019, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• Still its a good trade for both teams. I mean as long as Bell stays healthy you really didn't need Fournette.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Well, LeVeon is due for an MRI today on his shoulder and Darnold is out a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X