No announcement yet.

The "Other Game" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And no one did. As usual Mr. Bootlicker twists the narrative to his wants.WE were discussing changing how the game is called based upon the situation. He isn't a part of my discussion and am pleased to not have to read his drivel in most cases.

I stated emphatically the Lions have to play better. Don't blame the refs. Don't put yourself in that situation where you can be screwed.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Nowhere did I say the league was conspiring against the Lions. You have the wrong guy. And yes, you defend the league all the time, you are like an early model NFL bot. Congrats!
      Really? Please provide examples where I defend the league. Because the only time I talk anything about the league is to point out that the league is the owners. Oh and nowhere did I say YOU said the league is conspiring against the Lions.
      Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        And no one did. As usual Mr. Bootlicker twists the narrative to his wants.WE were discussing changing how the game is called based upon the situation. He isn't a part of my discussion and am pleased to not have to read his drivel in most cases.

I stated emphatically the Lions have to play better. Don't blame the refs. Don't put yourself in that situation where you can be screwed.
        And as usual, you mischaracterize what I said. Again, pure statement of fact.
        Vote for Freedom not for Free Things

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Comment

• Clearly the sky is green, grass is blue, 2+2=5.

Duh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

You can't call it 100% of the time the same way. That would be impossible.

No ref in their right mind should give a team a golden opportunity to win a game on a play where they had little to no chance to win it - unless the infraction occurs in the endzone OR the offender is the only guy capable of stopping the play.

The LAST play of the game isn't like the 2nd quarter, even if you think it should be. Put yourself in a Lions fans shoes if the Lions were DEFENDING that play - would you WANT the official to call that a penalty? Be honest here. You have said yourself you want things called the same regardless - right?
            I think if you call the tackle on Jones a penalty in the first preseason game and all over the league, then perhaps Jones positions himself to make a play because defenders know they can't tackle guys anymore. We just disagree and that's fine. I do not think the Refs should "feel" when in the game or season they should call a penalty or when they should look right at it and still eat their whistle. You certainly are going to fall short, but trying to use "it will never fully work" as an excuse for the current state IMHO is weak and the wrong thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rdRGR View Post

I think if you call the tackle on Jones a penalty in the first preseason game and all over the league, then perhaps Jones positions himself to make a play because defenders know they can't tackle guys anymore. We just disagree and that's fine. I do not think the Refs should "feel" when in the game or season they should call a penalty or when they should look right at it and still eat their whistle. You certainly are going to fall short, but trying to use "it will never fully work" as an excuse for the current state IMHO is weak and the wrong thing to do.
              That wasn't a tackle. That was a receiver who if anything stopped to try and draw a flag because there was no way he was going to be able to make a play on the ball anyway once he stopped. He stopped and turned at the 10 on a ball that the defender at the 2 had to jump to knock down. Looks like how guys flop in the box at the death in Soccer - trying to get the ref to give them a free chance to win a game they were nowhere close to winning without referee intervention.

Comment

• Another NFL defender bot.

Comment

• I don’t think a ref would ever throw a flag on a Hail Mary unless it was against the Lions and even then i don’t think it would happen easily. In the history of the NFL have they ever thrown a flag for PI on a Hail Mary with everyone bunched together.

I also don’t think it’s an easy task for the refs even with a whole crew to distinguish who did what in that melee. Maybe if it went to video replay but then that opens up a can of worms for every game to end up with replays and that would make things unwatchable.

F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They have jaadam and I’m trying to remember when.

Comment

• In Columbus, of course, the fanbase holds the University accountable for doing the wrong thing. -Talent, Esq-

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

That wasn't a tackle. That was a receiver who if anything stopped to try and draw a flag because there was no way he was going to be able to make a play on the ball anyway once he stopped. He stopped and turned at the 10 on a ball that the defender at the 2 had to jump to knock down. Looks like how guys flop in the box at the death in Soccer - trying to get the ref to give them a free chance to win a game they were nowhere close to winning without referee intervention.
                        I can only believe you're looking at the wrong receiver. He was tackled to the ground. Play better Lions.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          The kid has guts. I hope they do something this year because I'd hate that clip to be the highlight of his career. Yeah he has some great numbers but he needs some playoff wins. Stevie Y heard the whispers about the Wings not able to win the big one and they created a dynasty.

Get us some playoff wins guys!
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It feels like they are right there. They could be good enough to get deep in the playoffs. Or they could have some breaks that cost them dearly in the end.

But it feels like if they had that Rasheed Wallace type trade to put them over and give them that little extra juice, we could be playing in January for a chance to go to the SB.

AJ Green? Von Miller?

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              It feels like they are right there. They could be good enough to get deep in the playoffs. Or they could have some breaks that cost them dearly in the end.

But it feels like if they had that Rasheed Wallace type trade to put them over and give them that little extra juice, we could be playing in January for a chance to go to the SB.

AJ Green? Von Miller?
                              I'd love either one of those guys but not for a 1st rounder. I'd prefer Patrick Peterson but Arizona doesn't appear to be trading him and there will be a huge market.

Chris Harris and K Drake would be great. Drake is WASTING away in Miami. They can't block to save their life. He's a rental as he's a FA but he'd be worth it.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I think the one we missed out on is J Clowney. He's already had a sack, a forced fumble and an INT. Granted we probably couldn't afford him and Flowers the next few years but it would be nice to go all in once and seeing what happens.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X