No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Until they have some sort of vaccine, it's hard to see how any sporting event takes place with crowds. These suppression measures are keeping things down, but it will come raring back when the all clear goes through.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      You are a warrior Fraquar, a true hero.
      Hardly, but I was once in the service...... People might think that about you if you tell them that.....
      It is what it is. CNN reporting numbers like it's election night ought to tell people who have been following this for 4 fucking months the real story.
      Treat it like you would the flu, with a little extra emphasis (because lets be honest nobody is worried about the flu anyway). The precautions are exactly the same.
      Real story. I got hit by the flu strain 3 years ago - it was my wakeup call. First time in my life I ever needed to see a doctor because of the flu - but it wasn't the common strain of flu. I'm on my way to the 60's now, I'm not 20 anymore. I take everything a little more seriously, but not the point of paralysis.

Comment

• Yeah this ain't like the flu, my wife has been an ICU nurse for 20 years and she has seen nothing even close to this. Fit people in their 50s on vents. The whole hospital is devoted to COVID-19.

Comment

• "It is what it is. CNN reporting numbers like it's election night ought to tell people who have been following this for 4 fucking months the real story."

Two references to CNN in 4 posts tells me everything I need to know.

Fake News! "A Democrat hoax to bring Trump down"

Too bad you bought into that bullshit. Jesus.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Yeah this ain't like the flu, my wife has been an ICU nurse for 20 years and she has seen nothing even close to this. Fit people in their 50s on vents. The whole hospital is devoted to COVID-19.
            Agreed. My folks are in great shape (probably better than me) but they are 77 and 73 years old. And I have already told them that for groceries and that other stuff I should probably be the one going and get that stuff. My dad came in with a small cut that was bleeding (not bad or deep) but I made sure that he had antibiotic and bandage on before he left to go back outside. Now, part of that might be being a bit paranoid but I will live with that because then if the worst happens----I know that I did everything I could to prevent it from happening.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The most telling thing about this is the UK's response. It was speaking like Fraquar. Once the data started rolling in they did a total 180 because the numbers were ghastly.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                "It is what it is. CNN reporting numbers like it's election night ought to tell people who have been following this for 4 fucking months the real story."

Two references to CNN in 4 posts tells me everything I need to know.

Fake News! "A Democrat hoax to bring Trump down"

Too bad you bought into that bullshit. Jesus.
                This is the same shit no matter who is President - Donkey or Elephant.
                Media outlets got 2 agendas:
                Fear sells
                and
                Get the other guy out of office - party be damned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Agreed. My folks are in great shape (probably better than me) but they are 77 and 73 years old. And I have already told them that for groceries and that other stuff I should probably be the one going and get that stuff. My dad came in with a small cut that was bleeding (not bad or deep) but I made sure that he had antibiotic and bandage on before he left to go back outside. Now, part of that might be being a bit paranoid but I will live with that because then if the worst happens----I know that I did everything I could to prevent it from happening.
                  ????????
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Right on. I wish my folks were here for me to look out for. I wish they were here for me to talk to.

Then again, I am pretty glad they don't have to see what has happened to this country's citizenry. Half the country is straight-jacket material.
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Nope this shit is different. I've lived through plenty of both. Truth and facts have never been a question before.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Yeah this ain't like the flu, my wife has been an ICU nurse for 20 years and she has seen nothing even close to this. Fit people in their 50s on vents. The whole hospital is devoted to COVID-19.
                        This is the scary thing. Sometimes people (absolutely not talking about anybody here) just can't see the forest for the trees.

People need to think about how many in the US alone catch the seasonal flu. Then consider that this is a virus that unlike the flu has no vaccine and for which nobody has built immunity. Imagine conservatively that if life was status quo ... this spread like the flu does each year ... then consider the hospitalization rates and morbidity with this compared to the flu.

It would almost certainly be chaos.

The only out I could see somebody sensibly making would be to contain based on location and let other areas operate more normally ... but the fact is that human nature would see it spike even in that case

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Media outlets got 2 agendas:
                          Fear sells
                          and
                          Get the other guy out of office - party be damned.
                          Yeah, if you are an agency nurse and are willing to go to New York right now, you can make 5k a week. Damn media!

The media is making up these deaths

Comment

• PS I'm not saying the right things are or aren't being done ... just saying that IMO thinking this isn't a big deal is crazy

Comment

• Half the country is straight-jacket material.
                              And that might be very conservative.

Comment

• Hypothetically, if you want to believe the theory that we are actually MUCH further into the pandemic than we think (and that the increased cases are a result of greater testing than greater infection), then yes... it's plausible that herd immunity would start kicking in around May.

It's a possibility (simply due to how horribly this entire thing has been bungled and mismanaged by the Trump Administration), but requires accepting a lot of dangerous assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X