Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Omicron BA.1 breakthrough infection drives cross-variant neutralization and memory B cell formation against conserved epitopes

    https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciimmunol.abq2427

    Any egg heads on here that can explain what they are trying to say in plain English?
    WasUKBB

    Comment


    • Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
      Omicron BA.1 breakthrough infection drives cross-variant neutralization and memory B cell formation against conserved epitopes

      https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciimmunol.abq2427

      Any egg heads on here that can explain what they are trying to say in plain English?
      Umm, Barry isn't coming back?
      I mean shit, he's been out of the game for nearly 25 years and put on some weight - but he could still make moves these kids have never seen.
      Beyond that? Dunno.....

      Comment


      • My daughter (who is in NY for the summer) tested COVID-positive today with mild symptoms. I am glad she is vaxxed.
        Lions Fans.

        Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
          My daughter (who is in NY for the summer) tested COVID-positive today with mild symptoms. I am glad she is vaxxed.
          My daughter (also vaxxed) lives in NYC had a mild case when the Omnicromni came through. She felt pretty bad for a few days, but got over it quickly. I hope you daughter gets well soon
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            My daughter (who is in NY for the summer) tested COVID-positive today with mild symptoms. I am glad she is vaxxed.
            I also hope and pray that your daughter gets over her Covid issue.
            "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
            My friend Ken L

            Comment


            • I got Covid mid-May. I think it was from working in the hospital. The first few days were a pain (fever, lower back pain, exhaustion, sweating, and a really bad cough). I took two days off from work and then worked from home for basically two weeks (if I didn’t have so many things to work on I would have just taken the time off and rested). Unfortunately, I gave it to my elderly parents (dad is 83 and my mom will be 80 later this year). My mom has COPd so I was really worried about her. Luckily, they didn’t have it as bad as I did. They’re both vaccinated and had the booster.

              I’m also vaccinated and had the booster but my booster was back in October and I’m guessing the effectiveness had worn off by May. The cough was still pretty bad up to last week. But now it seems to be mostly gone.

              Comment


              • Finishing my 2nd rd of COVID right now. Quite a bit easier than the first time but still pretty miserable

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                  Finishing my 2nd rd of COVID right now. Quite a bit easier than the first time but still pretty miserable
                  Sorry to hear Nick.
                  WasUKBB

                  Comment


                  • Get well soon!
                    #birdsarentreal

                    Comment


                    • Thanks guys…feeling much better

                      man, The sweating this time. I was changing my clothes 4 times a day and drinking in like 5 liters of water a day to stay ahead of it.

                      one of the biggest side effects for me is weight loss….I’m one of those high metabolism guys everyone hates, so not eating for 3-4 days means I lose 10-15 lbs….I now have to put it back on. So in about a week I have to start a 5000-8000 calorie a day diet for 3-4 weeks until I reach my fighting weight.

                      Now most people look at me and say: “oh poor baby” …. but ask any service member who’s ever been put on double rations and ask them how awesome it was.

                      Comment


                      • High calorie diets actually suck ass. I had to be on one after my back surgery because I had lost so much weight it was threatening to trigger hypoglycemia (Turns out eating when you're in constant pain is harder than it sounds). I felt like I had a constant weight on my gut for about a month.

                        And don't ask about the bowel movements.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          And don't ask about the bowel movements.
                          Shyte story?

                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

                          Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

                          Comment


                          • Completely full of shyte. Multiple times a day.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                              Completely full of shyte. Multiple times a day.
                              Can relate to that, 100%
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

                              Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                                Thanks guys…feeling much better

                                man, The sweating this time. I was changing my clothes 4 times a day and drinking in like 5 liters of water a day to stay ahead of it.

                                one of the biggest side effects for me is weight loss….I’m one of those high metabolism guys everyone hates, so not eating for 3-4 days means I lose 10-15 lbs….I now have to put it back on. So in about a week I have to start a 5000-8000 calorie a day diet for 3-4 weeks until I reach my fighting weight.

                                Now most people look at me and say: “oh poor baby” …. but ask any service member who’s ever been put on double rations and ask them how awesome it was.
                                Yeah, me and my coworker both sweated a lot. Glad to hear you’re feeling better, Nick.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X