No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of a capitalist society isn't registering? You don't spend money on preventive measures for things that aren't an issue.
    What do you want, for me to lay out what I would have done? OK.

Shut down all International travel - period. Was never going to happen. Only fool would believe it would, but the reality is that alone would have shut down the vast majority of the problem. Unless of course this virus just travels the jet stream.......

Isolate those who do come back into the country and test them - and be done with it - at a cost of a couple trillion dollars - I mean who's counting right?

Comment

• Juggling Apples GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

We're past preventative measures. it is here.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
        What part of a capitalist society isn't registering? You don't spend money on preventive measures for things that aren't an issue.

Shut down all International travel - period. Was never going to happen. Only fool would believe it would, but the reality is that alone would have shut down the vast majority of the problem. Unless of course this virus just travels the jet stream.......

Isolate those who do come back into the country and test them - and be done with it - at a cost of a couple trillion dollars - I mean who's counting right?
        Here's the problem with your theory. There was PLENTY of time to be reactive. Instead, our federal leadership did NOTHING, and in fact tried to HIDE just how out of control they were.

Comment

• Detroit-area nurse:

90497529_10157631105712935_1780871694949285888_n.jpg
          Last edited by -Deborah-; March 26, 2020, 07:48 AM.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• People who think this isn't a big deal frighten me very much. I originally thought that, hey, they're so incredibly stupid they'll wind up dying from this thing and it will be entirely their fault and the world will not miss their idiocy. But now I realize they are more likely to pass this on to innocent people and kill them instead.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
              What part of a capitalist society isn't registering? You don't spend money on preventive measures for things that aren't an issue.

10x more contagious!.

Dam you are dense. Until you get exposed and laying in a bed with a ventilator. It is not the flu. And if we "go back to normal" before they have a cure or inoculation, things will be way worse.

As said by the top scientist on this that is being taken to be true by both parties. Yet you WANT things to be the same so you're letting that narrative drive your thinking. I guess it's the rabid media that made the President's own guy say those things right? It's obvious you are preaching from one side of theaisle, you have all their talking points down to a tee. IDGAF about any of that nonsense. I want to live. I want my family to live I want all of you to live.

The only reasons things aren't worse is the increased best practices (distancing, wash hands, separating, etc...), stay at home orders and increased knowledge.

AND in a free country, how do you isolate everyone coming in this country? There only needs 1 person with the virus to be back in the population and we start all over again. Why? Because people can't sit their az down for a little while? That and money is worth people lives? Really?

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Here's the problem with your theory. There was PLENTY of time to be reactive. Instead, our federal leadership did NOTHING, and in fact tried to HIDE just how out of control they were.
              This country is way too crazy loaded. Some people are being led astray and unfortunately may suffer the consequences of that. I feel bad for the people they come in contact with.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• It's amazing (I shouldn't be) to me that people will watch and wait for their favorite sports team to win a championship for years. In some cases decades. But won't sit their az down for a few days to save their own, or others, lives.

stupid america GIF
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yeah it is 10 times more deadly if the hospitals aren't overrun. The mortality rate skyrockets when they are overrun. But it's just like the flu!

Comment

• I've done training and meetings with multiple people that had the flu and none but them came away with the disease. ANYONE WANT TO TRY THIS WITH COVID-19? Hospitals need volunteers and are short on PPE. You'll be a hero!

Comment

• Comment

• That's true but a lot of people especially middle age and up probably have underlying conditions they aren't even aware of at the moment. Then again I guess if they caught this and survived they'd probably find out
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Well, that's the thrust of it. That's in fact pretty much ALL pandemics. Their mortality rate is RARELY all that statistically high; if it was the kill range outstrips the spread range and it never gets to pandemic levels to begin with.

These sort of diseases kill by simple volume. And this one is particularly deadly to the vulnerable, BECAUSE it's relatively "mild" to the rest of the population.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Well, that's the thrust of it. That's in fact pretty much ALL pandemics. Their mortality rate is RARELY all that statistically high; if it was the kill range outstrips the spread range and it never gets to pandemic levels to begin with.

These sort of diseases kill by simple volume. And this one is particularly deadly to the vulnerable, BECAUSE it's relatively "mild" to the rest of the population.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X