No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh ya, this is a global collapse. No doubt about it. This could be 1929 all over again.

Comment

Not going to worry about the money end of it. I just want all of you and your families to live through this. It's all under our own control.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JustInCredible View Post
        I live in California specifically Santa Clara county. We have 48 confirmed cases here just in the county (200+ in California). For comparison sake, Colorado is the 5th most infected state and they only have 34 cases (numbers I got from the first site I clicked on for updates).

Right now most companies have already made people work from home. My company is gearing up for it and should be there soon. Streets are dead in the morning and my 1 hour commute has been cut to 30 minutes. Schools have been shut down, most events have been cancelled, and pretty much everyone is avoiding being outside as much as possible.

I figure most people here live in the Michigan area from being Lions fans. But being from California it went from no big deal a week or 2 ago to now everyone over here preparing like its doomsday. And the feeling over here is that it's really only going to get worse.
        When they first said Italy was having issues we were already screwed - and that was long before the first case was ever registered in the U.S. That virus spreads as the speed of the airline industry.

Comment

I guess it last in the air for 3 hours and up to NINE days on surfaces.

There's no way to contain it. It's here and it's exploding.

Comment

A positive to come from this should be UNIVERSAL healthcare. Such a joke we don't have this yet, but this is example #1 as to why we should.

A pandemic doesn't care about wealth, status, or borders.

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              Har dee har har!
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                I guess it last in the air for 3 hours and up to NINE days on surfaces.

There's no way to contain it. It's here and it's exploding.
                Frequently drink water and don't touch your face with your hands unless you've just cleaned them,
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Oh ya, this is a global collapse. No doubt about it. This could be 1929 all over again.
                  The problem is most people we're more self sufficient back then. More grew food and didn't need the things we can't seem to live without now. Not anymore. Most of the folks I know live paycheck to paycheck and barely have enough groceries in their house to last a week. They waste money on wants and worry about needs later.

I have been warning my family and friends since the first of the year to start preparing. Most thought I was crazy until about a week ago.

I think we are going to need a miracle real fast.

Comment

The Fed just pumped $1 trillion into the economy. We can print all the money we want, it's essentially meaningless without gov trust. An infusion in monetary supply isn't going to bring back the stock market. All it will lead to is inflation.

Spot on with the week to week paycheck folks. I've never bought into this economy in the first place the last few years. Are people working? Yes. But it's part time jobs. Jobs that don't provide benefits, like, um, health care! So how will people survive?

Comment

NCAA cancels remaining winter and spring championships: http://on.ncaa.com/4tqc2

This includes March Madness for Men and Women

Comment

This is why we all should take this seriously. Not be afraid. Not be blase. Just do what you should.

Comment

I said this in the Michigan forum but it bears repeating, let's pray that 2 months from now we can say this was a huge overreaction. May the measures be as successful as the Y2K measures, most people look back on the Y2K problem and say it was nothing because they didn't have to do any of the painstaking work.

Comment

The Fed just pumped $1 trillion into the economy. We can print all the money we want, it's essentially meaningless without gov trust. An infusion in monetary supply isn't going to bring back the stock market. All it will lead to is inflation.

Spot on with the week to week paycheck folks. I've never bought into this economy in the first place the last few years. Are people working? Yes. But it's part time jobs. Jobs that don't provide benefits, like, um, health care! So how will people survive?
                            Yeah I got what can be considered a layoff on Christmas Eve and have been searching non-stop for a job. In the last few days all of the promising leads and interviews have been halted since they all got put on hold.

Comment

Ya, the part-time jobs are there, but not the full time gigs with benefits. I see it all the time.

Your Uber driver isn't considered "unemployed," but they live paycheck to paycheck WITHOUT benefits. The friggin list goes on and on. This is crippling the economy.

BTW, good luck on your search, Froot.

Comment

From everything I've seen so far in terms of the affected and the demographics, it just doesn't look all that much different than the flu.
                                People most at risk? Same. 60+ and those with pre-existing conditions which affect their ability to fight the common flu off.
                                Sure, take everything Future has said to heart, but don't get all "doom and gloom" (my moniker to some here) over this.

Comment

Working...
                                X