Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Our next door neighbor wound up dying yesterday from the virus. We are feeling so badly for his wife. It sure made us sad and made this thing even more real. Be safe, everyone.
    That's pretty terrible. What was his age bracket and was he generally healthy or did he have underlying conditions?
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      My mom tested positive for corona after flying back to the US from visiting us in SA over the holidays. I keep referring to her as the Outbreak Monkey every time I call her.

She said it was pretty terrible for a few days but she's cool now. Hopefully these people that get it can't get it again because she's not a pansy when it comes to colds or flu. She said it was a pretty shitty few days of being on her ass.
      Glad your Mom is better jaadam!
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Glad your Mom survived and is doing well!

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

That's pretty terrible. What was his age bracket and was he generally healthy or did he have underlying conditions?

He was a vet in his 60s with COPD. I hate even mentioning that -- it makes it sound as if it's okay that he died since he wasn't in perfect health to begin with.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• If you believe any of this shit, you are a dumbass

COVID: Top 10 current conspiracy theories

https://allianceforscience.cornell.e...JLXgbiUohXVh80
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            If you believe any of this shit, you are a dumbass

I see 1/2 of these every day from Facebook friends posting the conspiracy. Another couple favorite talking points I see too:

1) If masks protect to you from getting it why aren't we all back at work then?

2) Only the lazy people want to paid to not work this is usually paired with 2a) It is my choice if I want to wear a mask. Personal responibility.
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Guess I am a dumbass. A couple of those things may have some merit imo, Only a bigger dumbass could be closed minded enough to think different.

Comment

• I don't know what to believe but I'm not a huge fan of Bill Gates and a lot of his vaccinations. I've seen first hand in my travels throughout Africa where Bill Gates and his foundation were doing tests on locals. Birth defects and cancer rates shot through the roof and it ripped through communities.

Did he cause all of this? Highly unlikely but I'd prefer if he stuck to stealing ideas from Steve Jobs and worry about spending his money than to push his medical agendas.
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The only one of those that makes any sense is #10 - since they can't possibly tell us how many people that have actually been infected either. I mean those who are my age certainly understand how the Vietnam War death tolls were accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    I don't know what to believe but I'm not a huge fan of Bill Gates and a lot of his vaccinations. I've seen first hand in my travels throughout Africa where Bill Gates and his foundation were doing tests on locals. Birth defects and cancer rates shot through the roof and it ripped through communities.

Did he cause all of this? Highly unlikely but I'd prefer if he stuck to stealing ideas from Steve Jobs and worry about spending his money than to push his medical agendas.
                    Thats going to be a little hard to do seeing as Jobs has been dead nearly 10 years now. :D

Comment

• Whitmer extends stay at home through 5/28.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Supposedly there is some way they can tell that it wasn't man-made. Early on, I heard people say (gosh I sound like POTUS, gross) that the virus was certainly a convenient way to stop the millions of people that were protesting daily in Hong Kong.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• To clarify, I don't buy in to any of those conspiracy theories. I believe scientists.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Supposedly there is some way they can tell that it wasn't man-made. Early on, I heard people say (gosh I sound like POTUS, gross) that the virus was certainly a convenient way to stop the millions of people that were protesting daily in Hong Kong.

Man made tools that are used to manipulate DNA (like Crispr) leave telltale signs of manipulation; there are patterns to the gene sequences that are HIGHLY unlikely to have happened by chance.

SARS-COV2 has no such patterns; it's a largely randomized mess of genes that is consistent with a virus that mutated naturally.

Comment

For a sight claiming to be about science, that article sometimes takes a very non scientific approach to debunking those theories. For example, the bit about the inflated death counts just picked out and attacked a single messenger. Instead it should have discussed the liberal CDC guidelines that are being criticized and how any overcounting due to those guidelines would likely be either small or statistically washed out by deaths not counted. It would also be nice to discuss weather the CDC guidelines are the same as other countries guidelines so that we know if we can compare death counts.

Also, the bit about the virus originally escaping and spreading from the Wuhan lab, there wasn't any scientific basis debunking that. Just a quote denying it from someone with a huge incentive to lie. That's not science. I'm not even sure why this is on the list, as the article itself admits the theory is plausible. Outside of the one quote from someone who has every incentive to lie, the article then goes on to again pick out and attack one messenger to argue against this - in its own words - "plausible" scenario. This is not a scientific way to argue against this theory.

Its tough these days to sift through all the information and identify the misinformation. Frankly all sources are suspect. I would just urge everyone to remember that the video below are the people who are supposed to be reporting fully contextualized, sometimes highly technical information so we can decide how run our lives.

The journalist of today are simply not up to this task. So question everything.

Comment

• I believe in science- but the fact is the science is influenced and manipulated by the left and the right. All to control panic and the masses. Question everything...Use common sense and believe what your gut tells you.

If your pension, retirement or job depends on towing the line, then tow the line and believe everything your leaders and mass media tell you. Be a good American and soldier.

Comment

Working...
                                X