Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    I roll my eyes at a lot of the conspiracy propaganda that floats around but when content starts getting blocked you have to
    wonder.
    Take your pick

0g4lw2bzpzt11.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Went to get the Sunday papers this afternoon.

They have a Subway in the gas station and I thought well why not get a nice sub. The person ahead of me had no mask on (masks are required to enter inside). The subway lady had the cheap plastic gloves on but no mask. Nope, not going to get a sub then.

Went to the Wesco to get a sandwich (didn't want to deal with Scuzzy Mac's since they are redoing 115 in Benzonia) I was in there 5 minutes and three people went in without masks. All employees had them on. One of the cash register ladies goes to help one of the unmasked guys get some coffee (it is a self serve). So he is without a mask standing within a foot of her apl;ogizing for her getting him coffee....saying....I would get it myself but the virus----

Way too many people are not taking this seriously. Of course, when the county sheriff says he is not going to enforce Whitmer's EOs....
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        I roll my eyes at a lot of the conspiracy propaganda that floats around but when content starts getting blocked you have to
        wonder.
        No, you really don't; especially when the video includes misinformation that is legitimately dangerous... like wearing a mask "activates" the virus and makes you more vulnerable to getting sick. They're trying to prevent idiots from doing things like drinking fish tank cleaner because the President suggested a chemical in it could kill the virus.

Comment

• So the company that built the Detroit area field hospitals did it for roughly 20 million while the companies in NY did the same sized field hospitals for nearly 300 Million! How much could the government save if they had Gilbane do them all?

Suburban Collection Showplace 1,100 Beds $11,754,262
          TCF Center 1,000 Beds $9,452,813
          SUNY Stony Brook 1,038 Beds $155,500,000
          SUNY Old Westbury 1,022 Beds $118,504,737

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Censorship is wrong period imo And the more it happens the more they feed into the conspiracy movement.

As far as trying to protect the couple idiots who might drink fish tank cleaner (what's it been-a wave of like 2 people lol). You just aren't ever going to stop an idiot from being an idiot.

Comment

• So... if a dude got on Youtube, and started telling children to kill themselves, no one should try and block his video because "censorship is wrong?"

Fuck off with that libertarian bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                BTW, it you have passed on that stupid-assed video, Plandemic, stop it and stop being a dumbass.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahae...M#77761e0a5fa3

Why It’s Important To Push Back On ‘Plandemic’—And How To Do It
                Thank you so much for this link.

I watched the video and it is convincing. They almost had me until she started talking about wearing masks are harmful and you should be continuing to share germs.

THAT was a complete red flag. When the virus became a "thing" before it was known to be in China, but not so much elsewhere, there was some articles out there that said people of African descent couldn't get it because an African was over in China and he did not get it and everyone around him did. It spread like wildfire on FB and IMHO many AA took that to heart and didn't take this seriously until many were dying of the disease.

So I told my cousin who posted this that IDK why someone put this together (unless it's from the people dying to open up) but very, very dangerous. I went on to say, if she was an expert, why would she give false information? We already know what happens to those not wearing masks and not distancing. We don't need an expert to tell us. Too many people have died to discount this fact. THAT got everyone to see the falsehoods in that video.

It's good that I have a egree in Environmental health so they would at least understand that I knew what I was saying.

Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
                This seems interesting ... and another good reason to get outside and safely enjoy the sun.

https://news.northwestern.edu/storie...rtality-rates/
                Yes. This was part of what I told the people who my cousin shared that video with. Go outside and get those normal "germs" in your backyard. Do some yard work. Get sun, Get more vitamin D and some studies have shown a decrease in the life span of the virus in sun light.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                wonder.

The first question you should always ask is why. In this case, this was an extremely damaging video. Telling people to openly go out and get exposed is deplorable and no one in their right mind would do such a thing.

I guess IDK why you would "wonder" Does it being blocked make you think that it has some validity?

It doesn't. The only thing she was partly right about, but of course she took it too far, was that you can not continue to live in a sterile environment or your immunity levels will drop. This is partly true. If your body is not in an environment where your T-cells (the elements in your white blood cells) are being produced to fight off infections, your body will produce less of them. Making you more susceptible to normal infections. That's why it's a good thing to do some gardening and/or yard work. So it keeps your Auto-Immune system tuned in and working against these "normal" germs. But in no way do you want to go tin hat and start trying to get exposed to COVID 19 just to get the anti-bodies.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Chemi- Sorry you know so many human beings that will kill themselves just because they are told to.

Comment

• Yeah. I hd a pretty low feeling about people before this, but it's at an all time low for me. I told my wife when this first began that this is one of the worst things that could happen.

One, we're dependent on people giving up their "freedom." If just for some weeks, some people can't handle that.

Two, we're dependent on people to be disciplined and not be nasty.

Lastly, we're dependent on people to give a crap and not just think of themselves.

I've seen countless times (prior to the Pandemic) people fail on those points, time and time again. Big shock they are continuing to fail.

This disease has a latent period of 2-14 days. We've been (allegedly) quarantining and distancing for over 6 weeks. WTF are people still contracting this?
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Oh, and the only 2 ways to cure us is if we:
                      1. Quarantine everyone, EVERYONE, for a 2-3 week period and everyone is checked. Everyone that has the virus goes to a local facility and quarantined. Everyone else goes back to living.
                      2. Vaccination/cure
                      That's the list. As unbelievable as 2 would be, number 1 would never happen. Because people are too selfish and some too caught up with other crap that they think is as important (or more so).

Comment

• If there was actual federal leadership then #1 option would not be a pipe dream.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                          If there was actual federal leadership then #1 option would not be a pipe dream.
                          Although I am in no way an apologist for the current president I disagree. This is deeply rooted in the mindset of Americans. Liberty or death. In this case it's Liberty AND Death. No one person can fix that. That First option could only be achieved if everyone were disciplined and invested. Way too many are not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Although I am in no way an apologist for the current president I disagree. This is deeply rooted in the mindset of Americans. Liberty or death. In this case it's Liberty AND Death. No one person can fix that. That First option could only be achieved if everyone were disciplined and invested. Way too many are not.
                            But the federal government could have done things on both the economic and practical side to have eased the pain and NOT made many in the working class feel like they HAVE to go back to work. There is always going to be an element of people that were going to protest and not follow guidelines.

I could elaborate more if you (and I have in other threads) but not sure this is the place to say what the feds could have done (beyond making sure we had enough supplies and not downplaying the virus in the beginning).

Comment

• https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...myths-explored

Coronavirus myths explored

23. The virus originated in a laboratory in China

Despite internet rumors, there is no evidence to suggest that this is the case. In fact, a recent study demonstrates that the virus is a natural product of evolution.

Some researchers believe that SARS-CoV-2 may have jumped from pangolins to humans. Others think that it might have passed to us from bats, which was the case for SARS.
                              Organisms evolve to live. ALL do this. Especially diseases because we are constantly coming up with ways to kill them off. It's never 100% and the ones that do survive, survive because they've mutated enough to make that current treatment unsuccessful.

Comment

• BTW, there are more "cleaner" ways to kill off a lot of people. There are chemicals exponentially more dangerous and a very small amount (with some a drop) could kill everything in a sizable location.

So why would someone purposely make a virus that would probably get back to their own doorstep and possibly kill off people they care for? THAT makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X