Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

It's a very small vocal minority. The legislature is very very conservative in Michigan (why thank you term limits and dark money). Basically the legislature only wants the governor to rubber stamp what they want to do.
    So, you're saying shit is kinda fucked up?
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Apologies for bringing soccer into the corona “safety” thread but the German Bundesliga and French League both kick off again today. Obviously behind closed doors.

Majority of players decided to get it going again.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

So, you're saying shit is kinda fucked up?
        Pretty much but it has been a long time coming. Term limits happened way back in the Engler administration. The idea was that people are better served if you don't have career politicians, and there were guys that were for 20,30 and more years. These guys did not have the ambition be more than they are. Because of this relationships ensued across the aisles and a lot of insitutional knowledge was accumulated.

What came in were politicians that started looking for their next job and did not have that knowledge. Who had it? Why the special interests---who raise a lot of money. So the politicians (for the most part) became beholden to them. Also, they became more partisan too.

Keep in mind that Michigan is where the DeVos family is extremely powerful on the western side of the state. So the educational reforms Betsy is touting have been in place for 20 years or more (for the msot part) in Michigan.

Hell---I almost want Biden to win with Whitmer as VP. Why? Because her Lt. Gov. is a guy by the name of Gilchrist. A tall (6'7 or so) African-American man from Detroit that is reportedly a progressive. I think it would cause some heads to explode in the legislature.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
          Meanwhile in Michigan more county sheriffs are saying publicly they will not enforce Gov Whitmer's executive orders. The latest is Livingston County Sheriff.

The lists so far and it might not be comprehensive:

Benzie
          Leelanu
          Manistee
          Mason
          Shiawassee
          Livingston

I really really wonder about the need about the need these sheriffs seem to have to state publicly that they are not going to enforce her orders. The need to do so feels a really political calculation here.
          Add the Barry County Sheriff to the list.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ly/5205374002/
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think the Michigan Governor lady is quite hot.

Comment

• There is damage being done to Michigan’s economy that I unfortunately believe cannot be undone. If the economy doesn’t reopen soon....it is only going to get worse. I have a job, my wife does as well and I am thankful for that.
              Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                There is damage being done to Michigan’s economy that I unfortunately believe cannot be undone. If the economy doesn’t reopen soon....it is only going to get worse. I have a job, my wife does as well and I am thankful for that.
                A lot of people are not going to come out and engage the economy any more than they have to even if they open up tomorrow. And it is going to be much much worse if you open up and have to slam right back down again.

Comment

• But I think you can reopen it selectively. There was no reason to shut the entire state down and keep it all shut down. What is Whitmer’s plan for the economic hit? Don’t hear talking about that. The issues with those trying to file unemployment claims online? Don’t hear about that.
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Point is ...push comes to shove we may all have to learn how to live life dealing with this. Sucks, but is what it is.
                    Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• From what I can tell, the problem now is the same as it was in March ... health care system couldn't handle a massive outbreak, and many people who could've been treated won't be able to if there's a huge spread after reopening.

I guess the hope is now that people are more aware of the need to be safe, they'll act differently than they would've if left alone in March.

That's probably true ... hope it's enough. Warmer weather should help, too, but only slow it (not to mention people gather more in warm weather)
                      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Ps by massive outbreak I mean even bigger suddenly than what's already happened (not to minimize how big it's already been).

Comment

• This is not a Michigan thing. There are shutdowns around the globe. The economic impact is also global. Don't blame Michigan's governor for reacting to a global pandemic.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• And she does have a 6 phase plan (currently in phase 3 here in Michigan). I think stay in place extended extended another 2 weeks but Michigan will move to phase 4 and I think by mid June be in phase 5 (which is when I will be at work).

Comment

• Yeah definitely not just a Michigan thing (I thought u might have been replying to me, then saw the preceding posts)

Comment

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
                                But I think you can reopen it selectively. There was no reason to shut the entire state down and keep it all shut down. What is Whitmer’s plan for the economic hit? Don’t hear talking about that. The issues with those trying to file unemployment claims online? Don’t hear about that.
                                What are you going to do about people living in counties where things are shut down from crossing those lines to get to where things are open?

Go to the FB groups and you will hear a lot of people complaining (rightfully so) about unemployment they are not getting some are 8 weeks in now. BTW, have to give another hat tip to Deb for giving me the kink that helped me get answers so I could get my unemployment (you ever up in my neck of the woods Deb, stop in and I will hook you up with something). And there has been a good amount of media attention (mostly from the Detroit area papers) about the UIA troubles that people are having.

Comment

Working...
                                X